Hell Countess Runs

I don't usually run the Countess, but I decided to run her about 5
times last night (what a sample!).

The result, Nat's boots, Hwanin's Crown and at least:

1 Pul
1 Thul
1 Tal
1 Eld
1 El

I was running with about +460%MF or so if anyone is wondering.

This was the first time the Hell Countess ever gave me anything worth
while! :p

- Samiel

In article <qhlb91dcc40og4otlqbcpchsc9nr52giun@4ax.com>,
Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote:
>I don't usually run the Countess, but I decided to run her about 5
>times last night (what a sample!).
>
>The result, Nat's boots, Hwanin's Crown and at least:
>
>1 Pul
>1 Thul
>1 Tal
>1 Eld
>1 El

Everything except the Pul is the usual stuff she drops. The Pul is nice,
I've beeing doing about 50-100 runs in the past few weeks, and got one
Pul, a few Lems, a few Kos, and loads of the lower stuff.

>I was running with about +460%MF or so if anyone is wondering.

MF is irrelevant for her chance to drop higher runes. I'm not entirely
sure you want to run the countess with a lot of MF, if getting runes is
your aim, but I cannot with 100% certainty claim high(er) MF _reduces_
your chances for runes with her.

>This was the first time the Hell Countess ever gave me anything worth
>while! :p

Just keep running her, and she will give you plenty of usefull stuff. See
for instance what kind of things you need for some of the more useful
Horadric Cube recipes, like the socketing recipe, or some of the lower
runewords, so you can try a few times, and hope for a good result.

Also, crafting is made a lot easier when doing Countess runs, in that the
runes needed for said crafting are no longer your bottleneck. ;)

Regards,

Patrick.

On Thu, 26 May 2005 16:24:17 +0200, Patrick Vervoorn
<patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote:

>Everything except the Pul is the usual stuff she drops. The Pul is nice,
>I've beeing doing about 50-100 runs in the past few weeks, and got one
>Pul, a few Lems, a few Kos, and loads of the lower stuff.

I'm always on the lookout for Amn and Rals, and of course Lum+

>>I was running with about +460%MF or so if anyone is wondering.
>
>MF is irrelevant for her chance to drop higher runes. I'm not entirely
>sure you want to run the countess with a lot of MF, if getting runes is
>your aim, but I cannot with 100% certainty claim high(er) MF _reduces_
>your chances for runes with her.

I was suprised by the Pul definitely, but I know that MF doesn't help
with the runes dropping. I might try less MF in the future to see if
it really helps that much.

>Just keep running her, and she will give you plenty of usefull stuff. See
>for instance what kind of things you need for some of the more useful
>Horadric Cube recipes, like the socketing recipe, or some of the lower
>runewords, so you can try a few times, and hope for a good result.

I'm waiting for that magic 84 to hit so I can start doing those
amulets!

>Also, crafting is made a lot easier when doing Countess runs, in that the
>runes needed for said crafting are no longer your bottleneck. ;)
>
>Regards,
>
>Patrick.

It's been a long time since I've done mucho crafting, so I'm hoping to
see some cool mods...

- Samiel

Hi,

Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote in

> I don't usually run the Countess, but I decided to run her about 5
> times last night (what a sample!).

well, I'd been running Countess and Pit for the last 2 weeks with my
Strafezon (when I had spare time beyond my job). I found me an easy map
layout in SP (waypoint just directly at the Countess cellars) and not too
far away from the Pit.
A fast countess run is below 3 minutes and when I throw in the Pits, it
takes about 15-20 mins.
Rune-wise, best ones (MAL and LEM) were dropped by chests. Beyond that,
monsters dropped:

- Titan's Revenge
- Crown of Ages (1 socket)
- Jade Talon
- Goldwrap
- Marrowwalks
- Razortail

And several other low-mid level uniques I don't remember. The Pit is a
very good source for Elite white items - got a bunch for putting
runewords in.

> This was the first time the Hell Countess ever gave me anything worth
> while! :p

She doesn't drop much beyond runes, and not that many high-level runes,
too. But if you need to stock up on runes up to KO fast, she's a Gold
mine. And every other 20 runs or so, some rune from KO-? might drop.

Regards,

Oliver