CEmod - finally upgraded to 7.55

Hoo boy, as many teddy bears as I have room for! lol
Not just the +1 to skills, but the mf...
I am currently running with 20 teddies in my stash that add to my mf such
that the total is now about 4467% mf, what need for torches anymore?
All these new sets and uniques, and here I thought I had a pretty good
start on trying to collect at least one of everything, starting lots of
new pages I am, this looks like it will keep me busy for the next 3-6
months at least. Some look really nice too, last night I found a
(green/set) troll belt with +1 to all skills as well as resist all 15 and
a couple/three other mods, and that is before socketing.
No, I am not planning to upgrade to 7.57 anytime soon, I _really_ like all
these teddies, hehe.
I hope some of you have also sent Mr. Chaos Energy some money, this is one
great mod IMNSHO.
--
Don't Panic!
45 answers Last reply

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 18:29:16 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
    wrote:

    >Hoo boy, as many teddy bears as I have room for! lol
    >Not just the +1 to skills, but the mf...
    >I am currently running with 20 teddies in my stash that add to my mf such
    >that the total is now about 4467% mf, what need for torches anymore?
    >All these new sets and uniques, and here I thought I had a pretty good
    >start on trying to collect at least one of everything, starting lots of
    >new pages I am, this looks like it will keep me busy for the next 3-6
    >months at least. Some look really nice too, last night I found a
    >(green/set) troll belt with +1 to all skills as well as resist all 15 and
    >a couple/three other mods, and that is before socketing.
    >No, I am not planning to upgrade to 7.57 anytime soon, I _really_ like all
    >these teddies, hehe.
    >I hope some of you have also sent Mr. Chaos Energy some money, this is one
    >great mod IMNSHO.

    I'm confused, and pardon my confusion. I've got five teddie bears.
    Corpsefire dropped them all. I kept only one in inventory, the first
    one I identified, and it says +1 to all skills. The other four, said
    no such thing so i shoved them in my stash and have not figured out
    what to do with them. they dont go in the doll stash do they?

    any advice?

    ArtDent wrote:
    > Hoo boy, as many teddy bears as I have room for! lol
    > Not just the +1 to skills, but the mf...
    > I am currently running with 20 teddies in my stash that add to my mf such
    > that the total is now about 4467% mf, what need for torches anymore?

    <snipped>

    > I hope some of you have also sent Mr. Chaos Energy some money, this is one
    > great mod IMNSHO.

    90% of Chaos Empire can be done with freely-downloaded plug-ins. The
    few unique aspects are the teddy (broken), the doll chest (silly), and
    the gem bags (the one cool feature). To make matters worse, the CE crew
    withheld the txt files so I could fix their errors and recompile it.

    Unlimited magic find and unlimited gold destroyed the mod for
    me...which meant I finally had to get off my butt and write my own. I'd
    send him a few bucks for the gem bag code, though. :)
    --
    Zamboni

    ArtDent wrote:
    > For the most possible (monsters, drops, etc.), don't forget to do the
    > '/players 20' thing as well.

    What is the /players20 thing?

    Doesn't this mod start out at /players13? So is there something special
    about /players20 rather than, say, /players19 or /players21?

    Jill

    ArtDent wrote:

    > Yes, the mod starts at /players 13, that is the default and also the
    > minimum. /players 20 is the max.

    Thank you for the information.

    On 26 May 2005 12:08:03 -0700, "Zamboni" <thezambonis@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >ArtDent wrote:
    >> Hoo boy, as many teddy bears as I have room for! lol
    >> Not just the +1 to skills, but the mf...
    >> I am currently running with 20 teddies in my stash that add to my mf such
    >> that the total is now about 4467% mf, what need for torches anymore?
    >>
    ><snipped>
    >>
    >> I hope some of you have also sent Mr. Chaos Energy some money, this is one
    >> great mod IMNSHO.
    >
    >90% of Chaos Empire can be done with freely-downloaded plug-ins. The
    >few unique aspects are the teddy (broken), the doll chest (silly), and
    >the gem bags (the one cool feature). To make matters worse, the CE crew
    >withheld the txt files so I could fix their errors and recompile it.
    >
    >Unlimited magic find and unlimited gold destroyed the mod for
    >me...which meant I finally had to get off my butt and write my own. I'd
    >send him a few bucks for the gem bag code, though. :)

    I wrote my own too but I like playing his. I used some of the same
    plug ins he did. I liked the kinder eggs and the doll chest, even if
    they are silly.

    I havent got to the gem bags yet, where do i find that and what do I
    do with it? I'm still in act 1, farting around at the Cathedral. I've
    never seen so many monsters ever in a game, at one place. good fun.

    On 26-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > I'm confused, and pardon my confusion. I've got five teddie bears.
    > Corpsefire dropped them all. I kept only one in inventory, the first
    > one I identified, and it says +1 to all skills. The other four, said
    > no such thing so i shoved them in my stash and have not figured out
    > what to do with them. they dont go in the doll stash do they?
    >
    > any advice?

    I am told this only works in ver 7.55 (was 'fixed' in 7.56 or 7.57)
    Create a new character and put their 3 Horadric Scrolls into the shared
    stash.
    Delete new character.
    Repeat as often as you need/wish.
    Now, take your 'main' character and load one teddy charm and one scroll
    into cube.
    Transmute.
    Repeat as often as you have scrolls/teddy bear charms.
    You can go back to the Den of Evil (now just called 'The Cave' I think) as
    often as you wish for more teddy charms, Corpsefire will drop 6 every time
    you kill him.
    I had some problems loading some teddy charms into my inventory from my
    stash when I was in Lut Gholein but they can go into the cube and then wp
    to Rogue Camp and they will go into your inventory ok then/there.
    I hope this was clear enough for you, if you need more clarification on
    something, please, just ask.
    --
    Don't Panic!

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 19:31:08 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
    wrote:

    >On 26-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm confused, and pardon my confusion. I've got five teddie bears.
    >> Corpsefire dropped them all. I kept only one in inventory, the first
    >> one I identified, and it says +1 to all skills. The other four, said
    >> no such thing so i shoved them in my stash and have not figured out
    >> what to do with them. they dont go in the doll stash do they?
    >>
    >> any advice?
    >
    >I am told this only works in ver 7.55 (was 'fixed' in 7.56 or 7.57)
    >Create a new character and put their 3 Horadric Scrolls into the shared
    >stash.
    >Delete new character.
    >Repeat as often as you need/wish.
    >Now, take your 'main' character and load one teddy charm and one scroll
    >into cube.
    >Transmute.
    >Repeat as often as you have scrolls/teddy bear charms.
    >You can go back to the Den of Evil (now just called 'The Cave' I think) as
    >often as you wish for more teddy charms, Corpsefire will drop 6 every time
    >you kill him.
    >I had some problems loading some teddy charms into my inventory from my
    >stash when I was in Lut Gholein but they can go into the cube and then wp
    >to Rogue Camp and they will go into your inventory ok then/there.
    >I hope this was clear enough for you, if you need more clarification on
    >something, please, just ask.

    wait, you are talking about transmuting the teddy charms, that I have
    already identified, with horadric scrolls, and that will what, make
    them +1 to all skills? And i can make as many as I want?

    Does the trap door to burial ground open up before you kill
    bloodraven, or only afterward?

    On 26-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > wait, you are talking about transmuting the teddy charms, that I have
    > already identified, with horadric scrolls, and that will what, make
    > them +1 to all skills? And i can make as many as I want?

    Yes.

    > Does the trap door to burial ground open up before you kill
    > bloodraven, or only afterward?

    Always open, you can even go 'do' Bloodraven before the Den of Evil if you
    want to.
    --
    Don't Panic!

    On 26-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > I havent got to the gem bags yet, where do i find that and what do I
    > do with it? I'm still in act 1, farting around at the Cathedral. I've
    > never seen so many monsters ever in a game, at one place. good fun.

    Lysander, in Act 2 has the gem bags. Bag and gem in cube, transmute.
    There are 7 of them, one for each gem type. Bag alone in cube and
    transmute brings out the lowest gem in the bag. See the readme.
    If you haven't gotten there yet, just wait until you hit Catacombs level 4
    where Andariel is, it is _much_ bigger than before and there are gold
    chests all over the place as well as monsters galore.

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 20:50:48 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
    wrote:

    >On 26-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I havent got to the gem bags yet, where do i find that and what do I
    >> do with it? I'm still in act 1, farting around at the Cathedral. I've
    >> never seen so many monsters ever in a game, at one place. good fun.
    >
    >Lysander, in Act 2 has the gem bags. Bag and gem in cube, transmute.
    >There are 7 of them, one for each gem type. Bag alone in cube and
    >transmute brings out the lowest gem in the bag. See the readme.
    >If you haven't gotten there yet, just wait until you hit Catacombs level 4
    >where Andariel is, it is _much_ bigger than before and there are gold
    >chests all over the place as well as monsters galore.
    >For the most possible (monsters, drops, etc.), don't forget to do the
    >'/players 20' thing as well.

    i thought /players 8 was as high as i could go.

    shows you what i know.

    I used the same level 4 catacombs plug in I bet as he did. Is the
    Duriel area changed as well? You come in differently and fight Duriel
    in a big room?

    thats another plug in

    On 26-May-2005, "neithskye" <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    > What is the /players20 thing?
    >
    > Doesn't this mod start out at /players13? So is there something special
    > about /players20 rather than, say, /players19 or /players21?

    Yes, the mod starts at /players 13, that is the default and also the
    minimum. /players 20 is the max.
    --
    Don't Panic!

    On 26-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > i thought /players 8 was as high as i could go.
    >
    > shows you what i know.

    In 'regular' LOD, 8 is the max, in CEmod it starts at 13 and the max is
    20.

    > I used the same level 4 catacombs plug in I bet as he did. Is the
    > Duriel area changed as well? You come in differently and fight Duriel
    > in a big room?
    >
    > thats another plug in

    Yes, and there are some 'side' rooms after him as well, with those nice
    'gold' chests that can cough up things like Odgens' or Pepin's potions.
    Yum!
    --
    Don't Panic!

    On Thu, 26 May 2005, "ArtDent" wrote:

    >> don't forget to do the '/players 20' thing as well.

    For what need?

    The game has a fixed minimum (and default) players value of 13.

    Enough is plenty, no?

    --

    Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
    USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

    ArtDent wrote:

    <edited>

    Alright, your excitement convinced me to upgrade as well. :-)

    I downloaded the 7.55 exe, but I was wondering how you install it. Do I
    have to get rid of the Doll Stash on my two characters? I exit the game
    then run the exe file without deactivating the mod? Will I still be
    able to play my existing characters?

    I tried looking for install information on the Web site and on a few of
    the forums but didn't find much so I'd appreciate any guidance.

    Jill

    Brian Brunner wrote:

    > If your (current) version is 1.50 or earlier, yes toss the doll stash.

    I had 7.51. Didn't even know there was a 1.50 or earlier.

    > You can back up those character and .sss files to test after the
    > upgrade.
    >
    > Or you can upgrade and test, if things don't work then return to your
    > current version, toss the stashes, and upgrade again.

    Thank you, it seems to have worked. The only weird thing is when I go
    to my char screen and try to view the 2 pages after the main page the
    entire game slows down. It's like it's running at a tenth of the speed
    (even the NPCs are in slow motion), and my mouse is almost impossible
    to move.

    Do you know if resistances got knocked down further? I had 95 f/c/l in
    7.51, but now they're in the 50s and 60s.

    It also looks like 7.51 Annihilus charms are unusable in 7.55 - game
    won't let me place one in my inventory. There go 2 stash pages of
    those. :-(

    Jill

    Johnny Bravo wrote:

    > Exit the game, deactivate the mod, install the update. If for some
    > reason you ever mess up an install, which isn't all that hard to do if
    > you're new (most likely by trying to install without deactivating
    > first), run the repair.bat file in the 110_ORG folder in your D2LOD
    > directory.

    Thank you.

    Not being a computer expert I got a wee bit confused when it started
    asking me if I wanted to uninstall previous versions and to rename my
    data file, but it seems to have worked.

    Jill

    On 29 May 2005, "neithskye" wrote:

    >> ArtDent wrote:
    >>
    >> <edited>
    >>
    >> Alright, your excitement convinced me to upgrade as well. :-)
    >>
    >> I downloaded the 7.55 exe, but I was wondering how you install it. Do I
    >> have to get rid of the Doll Stash on my two characters? I exit the game
    >> then run the exe file without deactivating the mod? Will I still be
    >> able to play my existing characters?
    >>
    >> I tried looking for install information on the Web site and on a few of
    >> the forums but didn't find much so I'd appreciate any guidance.
    >>
    >> Jill

    If your (current) version is 1.50 or earlier, yes toss the doll stash.

    You can back up those character and .sss files to test after the
    upgrade.

    Or you can upgrade and test, if things don't work then return to your
    current version, toss the stashes, and upgrade again.

    --

    Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
    USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

    On 29 May 2005 09:33:31 -0700, "neithskye"
    <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >ArtDent wrote:
    >
    ><edited>
    >
    >Alright, your excitement convinced me to upgrade as well. :-)
    >
    >I downloaded the 7.55 exe, but I was wondering how you install it. Do I
    >have to get rid of the Doll Stash on my two characters? I exit the game
    >then run the exe file without deactivating the mod? Will I still be
    >able to play my existing characters?

    Exit the game, deactivate the mod, install the update. If for some
    reason you ever mess up an install, which isn't all that hard to do if
    you're new (most likely by trying to install without deactivating
    first), run the repair.bat file in the 110_ORG folder in your D2LOD
    directory.

    of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

    On 29 May 2005 16:52:28 -0700, "neithskye"
    <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Johnny Bravo wrote:
    >
    >> Exit the game, deactivate the mod, install the update. If for some
    >> reason you ever mess up an install, which isn't all that hard to do if
    >> you're new (most likely by trying to install without deactivating
    >> first), run the repair.bat file in the 110_ORG folder in your D2LOD
    >> directory.
    >
    >Thank you.
    >
    >Not being a computer expert I got a wee bit confused when it started
    >asking me if I wanted to uninstall previous versions and to rename my
    >data file, but it seems to have worked.

    Glad everything went ok!

    of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

    On 29 May 2005 16:49:39 -0700, "neithskye"
    <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >> Brian Brunner wrote:
    >>
    >> > If your (current) version is 1.50 or earlier, yes toss the doll stash.
    >>
    >> I had 7.51. Didn't even know there was a 1.50 or earlier.

    read: 7.50

    If you were at 7.51, your doll stashes are probably OK, looks like your
    experience verifies this.

    >> Thank you, it seems to have worked. The only weird thing is when I go
    >> to my char screen and try to view the 2 pages after the main page the
    >> entire game slows down. It's like it's running at a tenth of the speed
    >> (even the NPCs are in slow motion), and my mouse is almost impossible
    >> to move.

    I have this only when I've got IE or Word running at the same time...
    if you're only running D2/LOD/CE and seeing this big slow-down when
    checking your total resists (I think that's the page you've said you're
    on) then I'm puzzled.

    >> Do you know if resistances got knocked down further? I had 95 f/c/l in
    >> 7.51, but now they're in the 50s and 60s.

    Normal starts at -25; NM at -150, Hell at -300.
    My necro is capped at straight 85's in Hell. Resists, life, and +skills
    constantly fight for top worry on my mind.

    >> It also looks like 7.51 Annihilus charms are unusable in 7.55 - game
    >> won't let me place one in my inventory. There go 2 stash pages of
    >> those. :-(

    I haven't gotten my first Annihilus yet...

    --

    Brian Brunner wrote:

    > If you were at 7.51, your doll stashes are probably OK, looks like your
    > experience verifies this.

    Yes, although certain things seem buggy, like I transmute an Oil of
    Sharpness to my weapon and nothing happens.

    > I have this only when I've got IE or Word running at the same time...
    > if you're only running D2/LOD/CE and seeing this big slow-down when
    > checking your total resists (I think that's the page you've said you're
    > on) then I'm puzzled.

    Yes, because I was checking why my resists went down. The first screen
    (stats, level, char name, etc.) is fine, but the next two pages (total
    damage reduction, mana regeneration, etc.) slows down the game to a
    crawl.

    > Normal starts at -25; NM at -150, Hell at -300.
    > My necro is capped at straight 85's in Hell. Resists, life, and +skills
    > constantly fight for top worry on my mind.

    Thank you for the information. That explains why my resists went down
    (I believe resists in Hell in 7.51 were -250).

    I used to play HC on the realms so I understand where you're coming
    from.

    > I haven't gotten my first Annihilus yet...

    Well, if I was still playing HC I don't think I'd attempt the Clone.
    But since I'm not, my barb killed him for the first time in 7.55. The
    interesting thing is, the same bug that allows you to carry more than
    one Teddy also seems to allow you to carry more than one Annihilus
    charm. The Clone dropped three Books of Wisdom and three Annihilus
    charms. All three charms are in my backpack. I set up another game to
    spawn the Clone. It'll be interesting to see if you can fill your
    entire backpack with Annihilus charms.

    Jill

    On 31-May-2005, "neithskye" <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    > the same bug that allows you to carry more than
    > one Teddy also seems to allow you to carry more than one Annihilus
    > charm. The Clone dropped three Books of Wisdom and three Annihilus
    > charms. All three charms are in my backpack. I set up another game to
    > spawn the Clone. It'll be interesting to see if you can fill your
    > entire backpack with Annihilus charms.
    >
    > Jill

    Yea, hehe, I finally killed him myself over the weekend, got 5 charms and
    1 book of wisdom and all 5 charms are currently in my inventory. They
    replaced 14 teddy bears and give me 4 more skill points than I had, not to
    mention the resists, etc.
    As soon as I got the Annihilus charms, the very next doll I put into my
    doll stash gave me plus one percent to experience gained, lol, after the
    charms gave me a total of 42 %, that one more is/was just icing on the
    cake.
    --
    Don't Panic!

    ArtDent wrote:

    > Yea, hehe, I finally killed him myself over the weekend, got 5 charms and
    > 1 book of wisdom and all 5 charms are currently in my inventory.

    Congratulations! Which character did you use? Was he as bad as you
    thought?

    > As soon as I got the Annihilus charms, the very next doll I put into my
    > doll stash gave me plus one percent to experience gained, lol, after the
    > charms gave me a total of 42 %, that one more is/was just icing on the
    > cake.

    I know you have a lot of dolls in your Stash, and I keep wanting to ask
    you what skills you get, but want them to be a surprise. I'm up to 400
    dolls.

    Jill

    Blue Jack Sky wrote:

    > I just got my level 75 single player barb into hell tonight and kept
    > hoping the clone would spawn. Any tips on killing him?

    I know you didn't ask me, but since we both have barbs, I thought I'd
    butt in here . . .

    First off, congratulations on getting your barb to Hell!

    As for the Clone, my barb is my primary Clone killer. He uses
    Concentrate. As with any character, the key is Crushing Blow and having
    Prevent Monster Heal somewhere on your equipment. If your resists
    aren't maxed I'd drink a fire resistance potion before (or, really,
    wait until your resists are higher). I always enchant myself with the
    Demon Limb for the extra AR. Even with an AR in the 50K-60K range, my
    barb only has a 74% chance to hit the Clone, or something like that
    (not at home to check), and it seems like I miss a lot.

    Are you going to use War Cry to take the Clone down? If so, I guess the
    above really doesn't apply. Do you have a backup skill, like
    Concentrate? I tried taking the Clone down once with War Cry. It didn't
    work so well. The main problems are that War Cry doesn't leech, and I
    don't think CB and PMH work with it. It seemed like the Clone's health
    bar didn't move at all.

    > I'm doing 43K damage with warcry . . .

    Just out of curiosity, how did you get it this high? I maxed War Cry,
    maxed Battle Cry, am more than halfway to maxing Taunt, and have quite
    a few points in Howl as well. With the additional Annihilus charms I
    got last night, I have an slvl 86 or so War Cry, and it's only doing
    36K damage according to my character screen.

    wrote:

    > Congratulations! Which character did you use? Was he as bad as you
    > thought?

    My level 93 skellimancer, and yes, he was quite 'bad' indeed. I had to go
    and resurrect my merc and re-raise my army once, and of course, by the
    time I got back he (clone) was fully rehealed, but then I got smart and
    was pouring full rejuves down my mercs throat every time he got down to
    about a third or a quarter and him and his stick of Doom whittled the
    clones life down pretty quick, it probably only took a couple minutes to
    actually kill him, although it was a good 10 minutes of killing off all
    the monsters around him (I spawned him in the Cold Plains - Rakanishu)
    before the 'main event' as it were.
    I am just over 675 dolls so far, so you are not that far behind me there.
    --
    Don't Panic!

    On 31-May-2005, MrBlueSky1@webtv.net (Blue Jack Sky) wrote:

    > I'm a bit confused, so bear with me on this. I thought annihilus charms
    > took up only one space. Are they different sized in CE? I haven't
    > actually went up against the clone but am looking forward to it...not in
    > HC but in single player.
    >
    > I'm mostly curious how the 5 annihilus charms replaced 14 teddys, since
    > the teddys take up a single space, and I thought annihilus charms did
    > the same.
    > I just got my level 75 single player barb into hell tonight and kept
    > hoping the clone would spawn. Any tips on killing him?

    Sorry about that, 5 Annihilus charms do indeed take up 5 spaces, in
    'replacing' the 14 teddy charms they opened up another full column in my
    inventory to pick stuff up. They replaced the teddy charms in the matter
    of giving me (more) plus to skills (and the other 'little' extras on them,
    hehe) than I had had before.
    When I killed the clone, I was almost invulnerable it seemed, with the
    gear I am wearing I have positive 82 in all resists, also I have some
    boots that absorb 14% fire/cold/lightning/poison? and gloves that give
    plus 12-14 absorb each also, then to top it all off, I have reduce damage
    by 82% from gear and runes. I didn't even use a valuable elixir potion,
    although I think I will tonight (the game is on (paused) at home, just
    letting that soj count run) when I take him on again. Too bad I can't
    give one of those to my merc. I could actually stand in his fire and
    lighting streams and my life would go down v.e.r.y. slowly, never even got
    down to about 3/4. I think that 82% reduce damage is/was the 'kicker'.
    Don't forget that you can socket belts. Love those Ber runes.
    --
    Don't Panic!

    Jill wrote:

    >I know you didn't ask me, but since we
    >both have barbs, I thought I'd butt in here . . .
    Your advice is very welcome.

    >First off, congratulations on getting your
    >barb to Hell!

    Thanks. It was fun getting there.

    >As for the Clone, my barb is my primary
    >Clone killer. He uses Concentrate. As
    >with any character, the key is Crushing
    >Blow and having Prevent Monster Heal
    >somewhere on your equipment. If your
    >resists aren't maxed I'd drink a fire
    >resistance potion before (or, really, wait
    >until your resists are higher). I always
    >enchant myself with the Demon Limb for
    >the extra AR. Even with an AR in the
    >50K-60K range, my barb only has a 74%
    >chance to hit the Clone, or something
    >like that (not at home to check), and it
    >seems like I miss a lot.

    Does the Rising Sun amulet still absorb Diablos fire and lightning hose?
    I used to use that on my rushers in regular LOD to not get fried.

    >Are you going to use War Cry to take the
    >Clone down? If so, I guess the above
    >really doesn't apply.

    Well if you are doing 36K with your barb and not making his life go
    down, I doubt that I'm going to make any more of a dent with mine.

    >Do you have a backup skill, like
    >Concentrate? I tried taking the Clone
    >down once with War Cry. It didn't work
    >so well. The main problems are that War
    >Cry doesn't leech, and I don't think CB
    >and PMH work with it. It seemed like the
    >Clone's health bar didn't move at all.

    I have one point in Concentrate right now. With extra skill points I'm
    at like level 33 but not doing enough damage to dent anything in hell.
    If I even hit it. Then again it could be that I'm using a Cursebreaker
    with the Cleansing aura which is at like level 40. I don't stay cursed,
    poisoned of frozen for very long. Even when frozen I can still cast
    Warcry just as fast as if I'm not. I think I threw a couple of points
    in Frenzy. But going without a shield in hell seems rather dangerous.
    We shall see.

    >>I'm doing 43K damage with warcry . . .

    >Just out of curiosity, how did you get it
    >this high? I maxed War Cry, maxed
    >Battle Cry, am more than halfway to
    >maxing Taunt, and have quite a few
    >points in Howl as well. With the
    >additional Annihilus charms I got last
    >night, I have an slvl 86 or so War Cry,
    >and it's only doing 36K damage
    >according to my character screen.

    http://www.mrbluesky.com/xip/44k.jpg

    I maxed WarCry and BattleCry, and then started putting each pair of
    skill points into Howl and Taunt. I'm about 5 more levels away from
    having them maxed. I may hold off on that to bolster my Concentrate
    points. Of course I could add more teddys, it seems that for every two
    skill points allocated I've been getting an additional 1K of damage
    added. The monsters still aren't going down as fast as I'd like in
    hell. Well, I probably need to find better equipment.

    Blue Jack Sky wrote:

    > Does the Rising Sun amulet still absorb Diablos fire and lightning hose?
    > I used to use that on my rushers in regular LOD to not get fried.

    The Rising Sun amulet only absorbs fire. As for how it works with the
    Clone, I really have no idea. I've found that having high resists are
    enough. My barb has no fire or lightning absorb at all and the Clone
    doesn't even dent him.

    > >Are you going to use War Cry to take the
    > >Clone down? If so, I guess the above
    > >really doesn't apply.

    > Well if you are doing 36K with your barb and not making his life go
    > down, I doubt that I'm going to make any more of a dent with mine.

    I will try again and let you know. I spawned him tonight to try again
    with War Cry but unfortunately the Clone spawned Physical Immune, so
    War Cry really didn't dent him this time. I've set up another game to
    spawn him to try again.

    > I think I threw a couple of points
    > in Frenzy. But going without a shield in hell seems rather dangerous.
    > We shall see.

    I agree, especially with so many ranged attackers.

    > http://www.mrbluesky.com/xip/44k.jpg

    Interesting. Here is my barb just for a comparison:

    http://www.geocities.com/neithskye/Mattea.jpg

    It seems to me that somewhere the math isn't adding up.

    What version do you play?

    > Well, I probably need to find better equipment.

    What are you using?

    Jill

    Jill wrote:

    >I will try again and let you know. I
    >spawned him tonight to try again with
    >War Cry but unfortunately the Clone
    >spawned Physical Immune, so War Cry
    >really didn't dent him this time. I've set
    >up another game to spawn him to try
    >again.

    I've got a skill somewhere on my equipment (or merc) that breaks the
    immunities somehow. Every once in a while I come across a monster that
    has the 3 immunities (phys, magic, fire) that would have me moving on to
    the next pack with a different character, but then I concentrate whack
    it a few times and the immunities disappear, then a couple of warcries
    and I have a dead monster. It works on bosses, fanatics, champions,
    etc. Hopefully it will work on the clone as well.

    >I think I threw a couple of points
    >in Frenzy.   But going without a shield in
    >hell seems rather dangerous. We shall
    >see.

    >>I agree, especially with so many ranged
    >>attackers.

    >>http://www.mrbluesky.com/xip/44k.jpg

    >Interesting. Here is my barb just for a
    >comparison:

    >http://www.geocities.com/neithskye/Mat
    >ea.jpg
    >It seems to me that somewhere the math
    >isn't adding up.
    >What version do you play?

    Still on 7.55 although I saw last night that the latest patch is 7.58.
    I didn't use that trick to jump ahead, I played this barb from level 1
    to 80. I'm not sure if that jump ahead trick gives less skill per skill
    point or not. I'm at level 80 and doing 47K damage now.

    >>Well, I probably need to find better
    >>equipment.

    >What are you using?

    A bunch of runeworded equipment, nothing noteworthy. I cant look
    right now, since I'm making a DVD of Baby Hit me 1 More Time for a
    friend so the computer is tied up for a while while the DVD bakes.
    I'll let you know later. I have runewords on my helm, armor and belt.
    I haven't come across any good shields that I would put a runeword in
    yet, but as soon as I do, it's going to be socketed and go on my barb.
    Some of these runewords in combination with a rare item make a really
    nice item. I can get far more skills and stats from a runeword on a
    rare item than from any of the uniques I've come across. Between me and
    my merc, we have holy fire, conviction, prayer, holy freeze, thorns
    and probably a few more auras that I've forgotten, since a lot of the
    runewords have an aura on them.

    I found a unique jewel last night that adds 1 to skills, resists,
    life and mana. A few of those might be nice in a socketed unique since
    uniques aren't relegated to that 1 socket per item.

    So far, everything has been untwinked except for getting horadric
    scrolls off toss away characters to finish the teddys. There is one
    glitch with my equipment, I have a bunch of items with mana
    regeneration on them (165% total) and my armor has prayer on it, I'm
    not sure if when my life is regenerating that it causes my mana to go
    down, but sometimes I can be going over a pile of booty and instead of
    my mana going up, it goes down till it hits 0 and then starts to
    regenerate. My mana has to be less than half before this starts to
    happen.

    Blue Jack Sky wrote:

    > had to quit out of the sheer volume of monsters and watching 13K life
    > disappear in a nanosecond from the amount of little orange balls hitting
    > me all at once from this huge pack of witches.

    There is nothing in the game that frightens my barb more than those
    flying witches. The damage their pink stars can do is insane.

    I tried to do some of the dungeon levels under Nihlathak in Hell with
    my bowazon. She was fine, but those pink stars were killing my merc
    every 3 seconds. It seemed like I had just resurrected him, he didn't
    even have time to put his Might back aura on, and he was dead again.
    After I had received my 500th blue short war bow as a "drop reward", I
    gave up somewhere on the 5th level. It just wasn't worth it.

    > Oh, the clone came out as I was just entering the maggot lair . . .
    > He dropped 3 anni charms and 3 Books of Wisdom.

    Woooo! Congratulations! Bet that was a great feeling. :-)

    > The second clone gave up 6 anni charms so now I have
    > some absolutely insane skill levels. My BO is level 92, Warcry is 104
    > with 77K damage per cry.

    That's weird. My backpack is now two thirds filled with Annihilus
    charms, but all my skills are capped at slvl 100. And my slvl 100 War
    Cry with 1 maxed synergy and 2 other almost maxed synergies is only
    doing 47-50K damage.

    Considering I've noticed a few other strange things, I wonder if
    something went wrong when I upgraded to version 7.55.

    > I know, I know... I still have to make it through WSK and Baal's
    > chamber of horrors.

    I'm sure you'll do great. You may also get lucky and have a "good"
    spawn of monsters. Good luck!

    Jill

    I hit level 93 today playing for a couple of hours before the kids got
    up. I made my way through hell all the way up to WSK 1 at which point I
    had to quit out of the sheer volume of monsters and watching 13K life
    disappear in a nanosecond from the amount of little orange balls hitting
    me all at once from this huge pack of witches.
    Oh, the clone came out as I was just entering the maggot lair. I had
    to look for a while since it was my first encounter with the clone. I
    ended up getting him to spawn where Rakinishu hangs out in the Stony
    Field. He went down pretty easily once I went to town and bought a
    cheap ass sword with 9-18 damage but had PMH on it. I'd whack him a
    couple of times with that and then warcry him down.
    He dropped 3 anni charms and 3 Books of Wisdom. Anyways, I got so
    excited that I was able to kill him in the first place I made another
    game and sure enough about half an hour into the game when I was just
    entering the Crystaline passage I got the Diablo Walks The Earth message
    again. This time I was ready and had a better sword to hit him with
    that had PMH on it, and he went down easy again in the same spot. I
    have that Humilty armor with a valk on it, the valk didn't even go down
    the second time. The second clone gave up 6 anni charms so now I have

    Jill wrote:

    >That's weird. My backpack is now two
    >thirds filled with Annihilus charms, but all
    >my skills are capped at slvl 100. And my
    >slvl 100 War Cry with 1 maxed synergy
    >and 2 other almost maxed synergies is
    >only doing 47-50K damage.

    It's very weird. I know my BO was at 104 because I still could put
    points in there, and it told what the next level etc. would be when I
    put the point in. However when looking on the skill tree, it caps out
    at 100. I have Warcry and the 3 synergies all maxed and the rest of
    the points all come from equipment and charms. They are all at 100 on
    the skill tree. Maybe these skills get extra points(more damage) from
    equipment that has the actual skill on it, instead of the +1 to all
    skills stuff. Other than that, I can't figure out how I have so much
    higher of a damage (74-77k) with warcry than you.

    I made another game and got a good spawn on the monsters in WSK1-3 and
    nothing in Baal's chamber except those tentacle things.

    I've done the clone 2 more times and he is a piece of cake. Damien was
    also a piece of cake compared to normal and nighmare. I'm tempted to
    take on The Butcher now just for kicks.

    It's not just the witches that give me fits, it's any monster that
    shoots missles. I can cow to my hearts content, even go so far as to
    run around and get them to pack up and run in the middle and kill them
    with impunity. They don't even dent my life, but as soon as I get close
    to those quill rats in the cow level my life starts going down FAST.

    I was able to get rid of most of my teddys now, and a lot of the charms
    that had resistances on them. I have about 1/4 of my backpack empty for
    picking stuff up now. Plus my cube witch can hold a bunch of stuff.
    It's not hard to be a packrat in this game, I have 20+ pages of Set
    items. I'm still looking for the Chaos Empire set for my barb, not that
    I'm unhappy with my runeworded items, but it seems like I can't find
    that stuff by gambling as well as picking up every set item that falls
    on the ground, and that is a considerable amount every trip to the Moo
    Moo farm.

    >Considering I've noticed a few other
    >strange things, I wonder if something
    >went wrong when I upgraded to version
    >7.55.

    I've noticed some other glitches. for instance when the witches cast
    that mana thingy on me, I can warcry and cast BO BC and shout without
    losing a single point of mana. And then there's times where my mana
    degenerates all the way to 0 before climbing back up. Also my merc
    loses 75% of his life every time he levels up, but he didn't do that
    after I hired him at level 88 till he hit 90. The other act 3 mercs did
    it in normal and nighmare every time they leveled.
    Sometimes I run into the monsters with double and triple immunity that
    won't lose the immunity. 9 out of 10 monsters that have the double or
    triple immunity lose that immunity as soon as I whack them once. I
    can't find any reason why those that don't lose the immunity, fail to do
    so, since I've had the problem more in the earlier acts (still do) than
    I did in the later acts in hell. Amp Dam and lower resist fail to
    remove those immunities as well. And both of those are at very high
    levels now (80+).
    Also my game lags like crazy as soon as I resurrect some monsters (8
    revives on my Eternity sword) which it shouldn't do since I'm not
    playing this character online. I have no lag problem with some of the
    huge packs of monsters, and a valk running around and my merc casting
    hydras, meteors, firewall and fireballs but as soon as I get a couple
    revives the game slows to a crawl. I guess Barbs aren't supposed to go
    around acting like Necros. Some of these things might have been fixed
    in the next 3 patchs.

    Blue Jack Sky wrote:

    > Other than that, I can't figure out how I have so much
    > higher of a damage (74-77k) with warcry than you.

    You know, I don't think my 2 other "almost maxed" synergies are as
    "almost maxed" as I think they are. I didn't actually turn my barb into
    a singer until after he had finished the game, and until then I had put
    so many points into buffing up Concentrate and its synergies that I
    didn't have a lot of points left over. Doesn't really matter. Things
    pretty much fall down with the War Cry damage he's doing. :-)

    > I made another game and got a good spawn on the monsters in WSK1-3 and
    > nothing in Baal's chamber except those tentacle things.

    Does this mean your barb finished the game?

    > I've done the clone 2 more times and he is a piece of cake.

    He really is, isn't he (for the right build). I've actually stopped
    fighting him and just stood there to see what kind of damage he does
    and it's not that bad. Not like, say, the pink stars from those flying
    witches. :-) With this mod I've found that it's the bosses that are the
    easy things; it's the regular critters that seem to do all the damage,
    like the acid-spitting creatures.

    > I'm tempted to
    > take on The Butcher now just for kicks.

    I wouldn't. You play HC, correct? My bowazon tried him in Hell and he
    one-hit killed my merc and Valk. They both had around 6,500 life. He
    always seems to spawn Cursed as well, so who knows how much higher his
    one-hit damage actually is.

    > It's not just the witches that give me fits, it's any monster that
    > shoots missles.

    True, but no other ranged attacker seems to come in packs of 50.

    > I'm still looking for the Chaos Empire set for my barb, not that
    > I'm unhappy with my runeworded items, but it seems like I can't find
    > that stuff by gambling . . .

    I'm not sure if you know, but you can craft Set items. Just place the
    correct item type with 1 doll and 5 rare jewels in the Cube and
    transmute. For example, the armor for the Chaos Empire Set is Sacred
    Armor. So just put any blue or yellow Sacred Armor in the Cube with the
    above items and transmute.

    The only drawback is that if any other Set has that type of armor,
    you're just as likely to create any Set item that uses Sacred Armor.
    Not so much a problem with 7.51, more so of a problem with all the Sets
    that were introduced in 7.55.

    Still, although I'm not familiar with the new 7.55 Runewords and Sets,
    I've not found anything that can beat the bonuses from the Chaos Empire
    Set.

    <edit glitches>

    Both my bowazon and barb's mercs lost most their life when they
    levelled, too. I've also noticed that if I transmute an Oil of
    Sharpness or Oil of Death to my weapon, its damage doesn't change.
    Transmuting an Oil of Mastery increases my AR, however.

    > Also my game lags like crazy as soon as I resurrect some monsters (8
    > revives on my Eternity sword) which it shouldn't do since I'm not
    > playing this character online.

    When my Rogue's Immolation Arrow covered the entire screen, my game
    would lag like crazy as well. So not only could I not see anything, but
    my game slowed down, and I'm not online, either.

    Jill

    Jill wrote:

    >I'm not sure if you know, but you can
    >craft Set items. Just place the correct
    >item type with 1 doll and 5 rare jewels in
    >the Cube and transmute. For example,
    >the armor for the Chaos Empire Set is
    >Sacred Armor. So just put any blue or
    >yellow Sacred Armor in the Cube with
    >the above items and transmute.

    I've already got the armor and the amulet. It's the rest of the set I
    haven't found yet.
    There's also this one set that I think is called the Tan'griel set or
    something like that. Anyways, I have everything except for one piece
    of the set which is called the Taint of Saidin. I laugh every time I
    gamble or pick up a piece of that set and realize that I'm just missing
    the Taint. LOL

    >The only drawback is that if any other
    >Set has that type of armor, you're just as
    >likely to create any Set item that uses
    >Sacred Armor. Not so much a problem
    >with 7.51, more so of a problem with all
    >the Sets that were introduced in 7.55.

    Yes there are a bunch of new sets. I have a lot of pages of set items
    and am nowhere close to having all the sets complete.

    >Still, although I'm not familiar with the
    >new 7.55 Runewords and Sets, I've not
    >found anything that can beat the bonuses
    >from the Chaos Empire Set.

    Well I'm sure that it all will eventually turn up for me.

    This character is in single player, I figured I had better go through
    the game first and not have to fear dying before trying it HC. My
    online HC singer barb died at like level 61 a couple weeks ago simply
    because I was being stupid, and had accidentally stepped into The Seven
    in normal. Everything went down pretty easy until I hit the second to
    last monster which was a gloam/burning soul called Seven. His corpse
    explosion on dying took out 3/4 of my life. No problem, drink a purple
    and on to the Chimera, which about 5 seconds into the battle did a one
    hit kill on me.

    I'm going to restart my HC singer now that I've got through the game.
    Like you, once I got into the middle and late game I didn't die at all,
    it's getting through those first 30 levels which is the problem because
    I tend to want to save my skill points up till I can use them on Warcry
    and BO etc.

    I think I can make it now in HC that I found out that it's OK to make a
    new game to get different spawns of monsters.
    For instance when I did the outer cloister and jail the game spawned
    without the lava maws, which was a good thing.

    WSK was a piece of cake when I went through, the toughest monsters I
    came across were some burning souls with conviction aura, and a couple
    packs of those flayers that shoot the poison darts. They go down in one
    puff but there are usually so many that the ones in the back get a few
    shots plus the poison that it takes my life down some before I can get
    to them all. No witches at all ;-)

    Blue Jack Sky wrote:

    > I've already got the armor and the amulet. It's the rest of the set I
    > haven't found yet.

    I don't think we're talking about the same Set. My barb uses the
    Tribute to Chaos Empire Set that was available in version 7.51 and does
    not feature an amulet:

    http://www.planetdiablo.com/chaosempire/old/setseng.htm#ce

    > My online HC singer barb died at like level 61 a couple weeks ago simply
    > because I was being stupid, and had accidentally stepped into The Seven
    > in normal.

    Do you have any idea what the point of that place is? My bowazon did it
    twice in Normal and, both times, that Chimera dude didn't drop one
    thing. I kept expecting some secret door to open up whisking me away to
    a hidden room containing 5 billion gold, or a dozen male Calvin Klein
    boxer brief models, or something. I really was quite puzzled when
    Chimera bit it and nothing happened. Because if the point of that place
    is simply the possibility of getting some good drops, I'll pass.

    > Like you, once I got into the middle and late game I didn't die at all.

    Actually, my clvl 97 barb has not died once. :-) I'm trying to get him
    to clvl 100 with "0 times died" on his Teddy.

    > I think I can make it now in HC that I found out that it's OK to make a
    > new game to get different spawns of monsters.

    I don't know why, but I can't get out of my head the idea that I have
    to tackle everything the game throws at me, and so I don't respawn
    anything. Stupid, I know. Especially when Korlic spawned Cursed and FE
    when my barb did the Hell Ancients. That particular battle took so
    long, the full rejuvs I had scattered around on the ground disappeared.
    :-)

    > For instance when I did the outer cloister and jail the game spawned
    > without the lava maws, which was a good thing.

    I'll say. I think those things are the most annoying creatures in the
    game for a number of reasons. I turn down the sound when they're around
    because I can't even stand the noises they make.

    Jill

    Jill wrote:

    >I don't think we're talking about the same
    >Set. My barb uses the Tribute to Chaos
    >Empire Set that was available in version
    >7.51 and does not feature an amulet:

    >http://www.planetdiablo.com/chaosempi
    >e/old/setseng.htm#ce

    Sorry, I misread my stuff. I really want that set now, just because I
    like Golems, especially the clanky sound the iron golems make.

    >>My online HC singer barb died at like
    >>level 61 a couple weeks ago simply
    >>because I was being stupid, and had
    >>accidentally stepped into The Seven in
    >>normal.

    >Do you have any idea what the point of
    >that place is?

    Must have been to kill my HC barb. Other than that I can see no
    redeeming purpose for having that place. Except to kill dummies who
    wander in by accident. If your character is too low a level and you
    wander in there, it's one hit kill for any of the baddies who hang out
    right where you spawn at.

    >My bowazon did it twice in Normal and,
    >both times, that Chimera dude didn't
    >drop one thing. I kept expecting some
    >secret door to open up whisking me
    >away to a hidden room containing 5
    >billion gold, or a dozen male Calvin Klein
    >boxer brief models, or something. I really
    >was quite puzzled when Chimera bit it
    >and nothing happened. Because if the
    >point of that place is simply the
    >possibility of getting some good drops,
    >I'll pass.

    I'll try it in hell later today since I can die with impunity and get
    resurrected the next game. Actually it's kind of a relief to be able to
    experiment rather than having to worry about that one single mistake
    that you get to make before you die for good in HC.

    >>Like you, once I got into the middle and
    >>late game I didn't die at all.

    >Actually, my clvl 97 barb has not died
    >once. :-) I'm trying to get him
    >to clvl 100 with "0 times died" on his
    >Teddy.

    Congrats. I wish mine said "0 times died" but alas we can't all live
    forever.

    >>I think I can make it now in HC that I
    >>found out that it's OK to make a new
    >>game to get different spawns of
    >>monsters.

    >I don't know why, but I can't get out of
    >my head the idea that I have to tackle
    >everything the game throws at me, and
    >so I don't respawn anything. Stupid, I
    >know. Especially when Korlic spawned
    >Cursed and FE when my barb did the
    >Hell Ancients. That particular battle took
    >so long, the full rejuvs I had scattered
    >around on the ground disappeared.
    >:-)

    I guess I lucked out on all my Ancients battles. All three battles
    lasted less than 30 seconds with maxed (at the times) warcry. I had
    extra help for nm and hell with some minions though. My merc even made
    it through unscathed, which doesn't surprise me. The only time he dies
    is from monsters that shoot some sort of projectiles.

    >>For instance when I did the outer
    >cloister and jail the game spawned
    >without the lava maws, which was a
    >good thing.

    >I'll say. I think those things are the most
    >annoying creatures in the game for a
    >number of reasons. I turn down the
    >sound when they're around because I
    >can't even stand the noises they make.

    That is a disgusting sound that they make. Sort of a cross between a pig
    rooting through the feed trough and stepping on a sloppy, stinky, full
    adult diaper. ewww

    Brian Brunner wrote:

    > Just in case this matters, 7.59 (current) has a reduced set of synergies
    > or synergy effects on Warcry, for balance reasons. If you two are on
    > different versions/patches/downloads, then this could explain things.

    I believe we're both playing 7.55.

    Later I went and stripped my barb of everything, showing his true skill
    allocations. Turns out my synergies weren't nearly as close to being
    maxed as I thought they were, so I really only have one maxed synergy.
    I think this probably accounts for the discrepancy.

    Everything pretty much falls down with a 49-51K War Cry; I can only
    imagine how successful Blue Jack Sky is with a 74-77k War Cry. :-)

    Jill

    Jill wrote:

    >Everything pretty much falls down with a
    >49-51K War Cry; I can only imagine how
    >successful Blue Jack Sky is with a
    >74-77k War Cry. :-)

    I still run into that occasional monster that is phys/magic immune. I
    still run into that monster that I can't remove those immunities from.
    Once I got enough dolls in the stash and ended up with Lower Resist
    (level 92 with charms) I still can't get the resistances removed.

    It still takes a while on some of the monsters to take them down even
    with that insane damage from warcry. I am able to take the clone down
    with mostly warcry and a couple of whacks with the sword.

    I am torn between upgrading to 7.59 and having the synergies decreased
    as well as the 1 second casting delay; but until I upgrade I can't go
    back into ladder play online.

    Well I'm going to either finish the game in 7.55 single player HC with
    another singer barb or die trying. <g>

    Blue Jack Sky wrote:

    > I still run into that occasional monster that is phys/magic immune. I
    > still run into that monster that I can't remove those immunities from.
    > Once I got enough dolls in the stash and ended up with Lower Resist
    > (level 92 with charms) I still can't get the resistances removed.

    Yeah, me, too. I wonder why. My LR is at slvl 100 and it has no effect,
    either.

    > I am torn between upgrading to 7.59 and having the synergies decreased
    > as well as the 1 second casting delay; but until I upgrade I can't go
    > back into ladder play online.

    Well, I don't know how much the synergies were decreased, but even if
    you got bumped down to my level (49-51K damage), I can tell you that
    it's still a killer skill.

    I realized my barb had never done the Hell Nihlathak quest so I went
    and did it. Nilly lasted, I think, one and a half War Crys.

    Nilly: "I will *kill* y-".
    Mattea: "Wraaar! Wraa-".

    Quest box pops up.

    > Well I'm going to either finish the game in 7.55 single player HC with
    > another singer barb or die trying. <g>

    Never say die! I'm sure you'll make it. Good luck. :-)

    Jill

    Jill wrote:

    >Never say die! I'm sure you'll make it.
    >Good luck. :-)

    Thanks. I'm up to level 27 already in act 3 and this time I went with
    the act 3 cold merc. I'm beginning to rethink this merc, since he seems
    to turn everything around into icecubes and I have a lot less corpses to
    hork. Well that should change once I get to level 30 and start doing a
    lot of quick killing.

    I'm still leary of taking on Damien, since he took me out with 4k life
    in normal the last time when he died. Decisions, decisions.

    On 10 Jun 2005, "neithskye" wrote:

    >> Later I went and stripped my barb

    Did he do likewise to you?

    >> of everything, showing his true skill allocations.

    Sounds very... uhh... satisfying.

    >> Turns out my synergies weren't nearly as close to being
    >> maxed as I thought they were,

    He wore you out. Time for a re-match?

    --

    Brian Brunner wrote:

    > >> Later I went and stripped my barb
    >
    > Did he do likewise to you?

    It's been 35-40/95-104 degrees with the humidex here for over a week
    and I have no A/C.

    Even if he did "likewise", it wouldn't take him long. Where's the fun
    in that?

    > >> of everything, showing his true skill allocations.
    >
    > Sounds very... uhh... satisfying.

    LOL!

    Why, Mr. Brunner-suh, that's positively rude.

    > >> Turns out my synergies weren't nearly as close to being
    > >> maxed as I thought they were,
    >
    > He wore you out. Time for a re-match?

    The only replies I could think of to this are unpublishable on Usenet.
    So I'll just end by saying thanks for the laugh! I don't think I've
    ever "known" anyone before who has the ability to say so much with so
    few words as you can.

    Jill

    On 13 Jun 2005, "neithskye" wrote:

    >> > Did he do likewise to you?
    >>
    >> It's been 35-40/95-104 degrees with the humidex here for over a week
    >> and I have no A/C.

    I have an extra unit... where are you?

    >> Even if he did "likewise", it wouldn't take him long. Where's the fun
    >> in that?

    It's the journey, AND the Destination...

    Ah... to gaze upon the Promised Land...

    >> > Sounds very... uhh... satisfying.
    >>
    >> LOL!
    >>
    >> Why, Mr. Brunner-suh, that's positively rude.

    So he needed to use Lower Resists? Or did his Battle Cry lower your
    defenses enough? Was that Leap, or Leap Attack? A Whirlwind romance?

    >> So I'll just end by saying thanks for the laugh!

    Thanks for your laughter... Some folks just get upset...

    (I once mused that if Barbs could Double Swing, couldn't they also
    Double Foxtrot? I was answered that Foxtrot is a Druid maneuver).

    --

    Brian Brunner wrote:
    "neithskye" wrote:

    > >> It's been 35-40/95-104 degrees with the humidex here for over a week
    > >> and I have no A/C.
    >
    > I have an extra unit... where are you?

    Southern Ontario. I read your profile on Chaos Core Community since I'm
    considering joining. I'm not that far from you.

    > It's the journey, AND the Destination...
    >
    > Ah... to gaze upon the Promised Land...

    Except this land is a bit of a broken promise.

    > So he needed to use Lower Resists? Or did his Battle Cry lower your
    > defenses enough? Was that Leap, or Leap Attack? A Whirlwind romance?

    Penetrate. Everything else was incidental.

    > Thanks for your laughter... Some folks just get upset...

    Nah. It's all good fun!

    > (I once mused that if Barbs could Double Swing, couldn't they also
    > Double Foxtrot? I was answered that Foxtrot is a Druid maneuver).

    For such a large and seemingly lumbering character, the Barbarian
    possesses a surprising litheness. I doubt the Foxtrot would be
    challenging enough. My vote, therefore, goes to the Double Rhumba, if
    just for the hip action alone.

    Jill

Video Games