Question about security

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b 8 Security
June 23, 2004 3:48:22 AM

I'm using Netgear USB adapters, Ad-Hoc, 128 bit WEP with no
WAP.

Now the question.
After I setup my network with the Netgear Smart Wizard Utility
do I need to have it start with Windows every time and run
constantly for my network to be secure?

Netgear Smart Wizard Utility is using about 36% of
my resources according to a program called Taskinfo.

More about : question security

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 23, 2004 2:33:52 PM

"Mark Watkins" <Mark_Watkins@sundowner.net> wrote in

> I'm using Netgear USB adapters, Ad-Hoc, 128 bit WEP with no
> WAP.

WEP should be handled by your wireless card's driver.

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)