Incremental Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings everyone!

I would like to perform "Incremental Backups" rather than backing up all my files every time I run Backup. Just backup the files I changed and new files and folders that I added.

I have heard of Acronis, but have no experience using it. I am not planning on buying new software in order to achieve my objectives.

Is there a way of doing this type of incremental backup in Windows 7 64-bit?

Here are my drives stats:

C: 750 GB (overkill, but I had this) Contains the OS (Win 7 64-bit) and some other programs.
R: Two 1 TB each - All my data files, photos, music, videos, etc, are this drive which is RAID1 (mirroring).
Z: 1.5 TB single external drive - Dedicated Backup drive - data backup as well as disk image of C:

Thank you in advance for your replies

What is it specifically Windows backup does not do that other backup softeare programs might? With windows 7 backup, the backup files are available for restoration by booting to the installation DVD as part of the repair structure of the OS. You mean like this free backup software:

http://www.todo-backup.com/download/

I have Acronis backup. Don't install it anymore. Windows 7 is all I need. My important files are on data disk or CD.

bobalazs

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
I use norton ghost 12, though it costs a lot, its easier and faster than any other.
since acronis is also not free.
for freeware, you can give a shot at
EASEUS Todo Backup,Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition but youll have to see it for yourself, as ive never used them, i just know about them.

The first time you run Windows backup it backs up everything. After that, each run only backs up the files that have changed since the last run.

Status
Not open for further replies.