ChaoticLusts

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2003
Hey all

i was just wondering whether norton anti-virus would create any problems on XP when running. I used to have problems on my 98 system (not with norton) and when looking it up a lot of people complained about problems created by norton like unexpected crashes and poor system performance, just worries me a little and makes me think to goto other anti-virus software, even though norton is spose to be the most reliable

any help??

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Noel Adams 1952-2002

I'm running NAV 2003 on Win XP Pro and I haven't had any problems at all, but I have the Auto-Protect feature disabled, and Incoming Email Protection enabled(That only activates when I check Email), and once a week I run, (At my time and choosing),a full system virus scan.

Most people run into trouble when they let the Anti Virus Auto Protect feature run constantly, and then forget its running when they go to install software and all hell breaks loose, system lockups and such, a good firewall is probably more usefull than AV software anyway, at catching Executable files sent through email, I'm running Zone Alarm Pro and it will lock an executable email file before Nortons Anti Virus even knows its there.

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=2541" target="_new">My Rig</A>