CE questions

Hoopster

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005

I just installed the CE mod and am having a great time with it in
single player mode. I am, however, having a few problems that I wanted
see if anyone else has experienced. I've found that in some places the
teleport spell won't work. I know it's now a "line of sight" spell but
I've hit a number of places where it simply doesn't work at all. Also,
the maps never save. I have to discover everything (except the
waypoints) all over again when loading my character. Are these
experiences normal for the mod?
Thanks,
Alan

Hoopster wrote:
> I just installed the CE mod and am having a great time with it in
> single player mode. I am, however, having a few problems that I wanted
> see if anyone else has experienced. I've found that in some places the
> teleport spell won't work. I know it's now a "line of sight" spell but
> I've hit a number of places where it simply doesn't work at all.

There was a discussion over in one of the forums about this:

http://tinyurl.com/bqrny

And the ReadMe file says, "Teleport is blocked in some maps".

> Also,
> the maps never save. I have to discover everything (except the
> waypoints) all over again when loading my character. Are these
> experiences normal for the mod?

My maps in SP don't save, either.

Jill

Hoopster wrote:
> I just installed the CE mod and am having a great time with it in
> single player mode. I am, however, having a few problems that I wanted
> see if anyone else has experienced. I've found that in some places the
> teleport spell won't work. I know it's now a "line of sight" spell but
> I've hit a number of places where it simply doesn't work at all. Also,
> the maps never save. I have to discover everything (except the
> waypoints) all over again when loading my character. Are these
> experiences normal for the mod?
> Thanks,
> Alan

As others have replied, both are normal for the CE Mod. IME the only
time teleport doesn't work is on maps that have been altered.

ViruS

Distinguished
May 17, 2005

Hoopster wrote:
> I just installed the CE mod and am having a great time with it in
> single player mode. I am, however, having a few problems that I wanted
> see if anyone else has experienced. I've found that in some places the
> teleport spell won't work. I know it's now a "line of sight" spell but
> I've hit a number of places where it simply doesn't work at all. Also,
> the maps never save. I have to discover everything (except the
> waypoints) all over again when loading my character. Are these
> experiences normal for the mod?
> Thanks,
> Alan

havnt gotten around to playin a sorc yet... so the tele i cant help ya
with..... as far as the map always changing... yup everytime i start
anew its always different.....

"Hoopster" <ahamilton@ipcallison.com> wrote in message

> I've hit a number of places where it simply doesn't work at all. Also,
> the maps never save. I have to discover everything (except the
> waypoints) all over again when loading my character. Are these
> experiences normal for the mod?

I believe the non-saved map is a feature of the PlugY mod. If the
plugy.ini file is accessible, you should be able to edit it to turn
this off.

RelMark

On 1-Jun-2005, gaze@abnt.org wrote:

> As others have replied, both are normal for the CE Mod. IME the only
> time teleport doesn't work is on maps that have been altered.

First, pardon my ignorance, but what does IME mean?
Second, nope, not just the altered maps, for example, the Tamoe Highlands,
the map is 'normal' yet teleport is turned off there. The author just
decided that certain areas were too easy with teleport I think.
--
Don't Panic!

> As others have replied, both are normal for the CE Mod. IME the only
> time teleport doesn't work is on maps that have been altered.

>First, pardon my ignorance, but what does IME mean?
>Second, nope, not just the altered maps, for example, the Tamoe Highlands,
>the map is 'normal' yet teleport is turned off there. The author just
>decided that certain areas were too easy with teleport I think.

IME = In My Experience <g>

I haven't tried using teleport in all areas yet, so I could only
comment on a pattern I'd noticed when it came to teleporting.