Lower Cold resistance and FA?

Hi,

I'm wondering about bow selection for my LF/FA Zon. I have an upped
Lycander's Aim and a Wizendraw bow. Lycander's gives +2 ama skills and
another +2 bow skills, whereas Wizendraw has -35% to enemy cold resistance.

With Lycanders, I have 1587-1656 cold damage (max FA, CA), 253-891 physical
and an AR of 5944. Wizendraw drops cold to 1287-1356 and physical to 273
max. AR goes down to 5178.

So, does the -35% cold res make up for this decrease? Can it be calculated
as an 35% increase in cold damage? Can it break cold immunity on monsters?

As a side note, is it worth upgrading Titan's Revenge?

Thanks,

Oliver

Oliver Wenzel schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering about bow selection for my LF/FA Zon. I have an upped
> Lycander's Aim and a Wizendraw bow. Lycander's gives +2 ama skills and
> another +2 bow skills, whereas Wizendraw has -35% to enemy cold resistance.
>
> With Lycanders, I have 1587-1656 cold damage (max FA, CA), 253-891 physical
> and an AR of 5944. Wizendraw drops cold to 1287-1356 and physical to 273
> max. AR goes down to 5178.
>
> So, does the -35% cold res make up for this decrease? Can it be calculated
> as an 35% increase in cold damage? Can it break cold immunity on monsters?

No you can't break immunity that way. Only Lower Resists and Conviction
can do that. What about a wand with LR charges on switch?

What does the -35% do? It subtracts 35% from the target resists. If the
target has no (0) cold resistance, you will deal 1830 cold max dmg
instead of 1356 (35% increase). If the target has 90% resistance, you
will deal 610 instead of 135 (350% increase). If the target has 100% or
more, you won't deal any cold damage at all.

If you can compensate the lack of mana leech due to low physical damage,
Wizendraw is the better choice. You have a merc with an Insight stick,
right? It might work then.

---
Hannes

PS: I start to hate Insight ;). It removes quite a few challenging
aspects from the game. Just like shopable mana potions did. I'll call it
the 'noob stick' from now on.

PPS: Oh btw, my Fireball/Frozen Orb sorc is quite happy with her
Prayer/Insight merc *g*.

Hi,

Hannes Brunner <bruhan12@web.de> wrote in

> Oliver Wenzel schrieb:
>>
>> So, does the -35% cold res make up for this decrease? Can it be
>> calculated as an 35% increase in cold damage? Can it break cold
>> immunity on monsters?
>
> No you can't break immunity that way. Only Lower Resists and
> Conviction can do that. What about a wand with LR charges on switch?

well, FA only is my backup attack against these pesky LI's, when my LF
doesn't work. Or to give my Titan's a break to recover some charges.

> What does the -35% do? It subtracts 35% from the target resists. If
> the target has no (0) cold resistance, you will deal 1830 cold max dmg
> instead of 1356 (35% increase). If the target has 90% resistance, you
> will deal 610 instead of 135 (350% increase). If the target has 100%
> or more, you won't deal any cold damage at all.

So Wizendraw wins hands-down when going against PI/LI guys, and Lyc's
getting better when they aren't PI.. I guess I'll just have to get a
feeling for this..

> If you can compensate the lack of mana leech due to low physical
> damage,
> Wizendraw is the better choice. You have a merc with an Insight
> stick,
> right? It might work then.

Yeah, Insight is a real nice stick for this build. Especially as I'm now
going with a Defiance merc (just hired one in Hell diff to replace the HF
guy), so there's no physical damage boost.
And even with Insight, FA shots drain the mana ball really quick. I guess I
need some more than 300ish mana for Med. to be really effective.

> PS: I start to hate Insight ;). It removes quite a few challenging
> aspects from the game. Just like shopable mana potions did. I'll call
> it the 'noob stick' from now on.

Well, you gotta run like hell when your merc dies... And with Insight, he
has no real boss killing abilities. Taking down Baal or Diablo with my
Strafezon was a real challenge.

> PPS: Oh btw, my Fireball/Frozen Orb sorc is quite happy with her
> Prayer/Insight merc *g*.

That'll be one of my next builds. I've never done a real sorc so far, only
my Enchantress (which is stuck at level 78 and Hell Act2).

Regards,

Oliver