Q: Runeword to pally's shield

CB

If I have pally's shield that has inherent resistances in it and I put some
Runeword to it, does those resistances stay or are they wiped off?

Thanks in advance,
cb

keith

They stay as do ED/AR.Perfect/near perfect ones can fetch
a large sum for this reason,I recently sold a 3 socket
Sacred Ronchache 41 all res for an Ist.

Think you have the resists wrong. Spirit adds 35 to all but fire.

Value will also depend on the FCR (higher the better obviously) that
got rolled. A 4 open socket shield with 40+ resists is worth more than
a Spirit with 25 FCR and 45 res all inherent.

*chali

With all due respect Jake, it's impossible for a "Spirit" shield to
have 56 resist to fire. As I said, Spirit gives a bonus of 35 resist to
cold, lightning and poison, not fire. A pally shield has a maximum of
45 resist all.

You may want to check again.

And if it has 56 resist cold, light, poison, then it would be 21 resist
fire, and not worth much. Not bad to be lugging around a shield with +2
skills, 56 C/L/P, +vit etc for the cost though. :)

They keep the resists and stats on em...I made a Spirit in a 4socket Aerin
Shield (Pally Only) and that has now got resists at

Fire - 56%
Cold - 56%
Lightning - 43%
Poison - 56%

Dunno what that would be worth... Nice shield though

--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

"cb" <chasbe@N05PAMgmail.com> wrote in message
> If I have pally's shield that has inherent resistances in it and I put
> some
> Runeword to it, does those resistances stay or are they wiped off?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> cb

no i am pretty sure that i got the stats right

"chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Think you have the resists wrong. Spirit adds 35 to all but fire.
>
> Value will also depend on the FCR (higher the better obviously) that
> got rolled. A 4 open socket shield with 40+ resists is worth more than
> a Spirit with 25 FCR and 45 res all inherent.
>
> *chali

I am wrong you are right. *Hangs head in shame* Please accept my appoligies.