Is Dell warranty transferable?

I have been buying Dell refurbs for years. Both Dimensions and
OptiPlex'. Can't seem to be able to see the inventory for Dimension
refurbs all weekend so I started looking elsewhere. I see a bunch of
people selling brand-new Dells for very good prices. One stated that
it was a "corporate over-purchase." The sellers' pitches state that
their "new in-the-box" Dells carry the same warranty as if they were
bought directly from Dell.

Does Dell honor the warranty on systems that have been resold?

TIA.
Best,

Andrew

--

Birmingham, Alabama, USA
rozsa@usa.invalid

    "Andrew J. Rozsa" <rozsa@usa.invalid> wrote in message
    >I have been buying Dell refurbs for years. Both Dimensions and
    > OptiPlex'. Can't seem to be able to see the inventory for Dimension
    > refurbs all weekend so I started looking elsewhere. I see a bunch of
    > people selling brand-new Dells for very good prices. One stated that
    > it was a "corporate over-purchase." The sellers' pitches state that
    > their "new in-the-box" Dells carry the same warranty as if they were
    > bought directly from Dell.
    >
    > Does Dell honor the warranty on systems that have been resold?
    >
    > TIA.
    > Best,
    >
    > Andrew

    Yes they do. I've had (2) off-lease corporate notebooks where Dell honored
    the existing (transferred) warranty.

    I've transferred the tags here myself:
    http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/change_order/en/tag_transfer

    Stew

    yes so long as they have proof of ownership and you also get proof of
    ownership to you

    On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 07:31:08 -0500, "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com>
    wrote:

    >:|"Andrew J. Rozsa" <rozsa@usa.invalid> wrote in message
    >:|news:m9abf11h4dl51lgsgt34lkpioa2addgqe0@4ax.com...

    >:|> Does Dell honor the warranty on systems that have been resold?

    >:|Yes they do. I've had (2) off-lease corporate notebooks where Dell honored
    >:|the existing (transferred) warranty.
    >:|
    >:|I've transferred the tags here myself:
    >:|http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/change_order/en/tag_transfer

    Thanks, Stew. Appreciate the cogent reply. Now I know what to ask for
    Christmas and point her way to various potential sources.

    Best,

    Andrew

    --

    Birmingham, Alabama, USA
    rozsa@usa.invalid

    On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 09:01:49 +0100, "Fixer" <steve.h1@ntlworld.com>
    wrote:

    >:|yes so long as they have proof of ownership and you also get proof of
    >:|ownership to you

    >:|"Andrew J. Rozsa" <rozsa@usa.invalid> wrote in message
    >:|news:m9abf11h4dl51lgsgt34lkpioa2addgqe0@4ax.com...

    >:|> Does Dell honor the warranty on systems that have been resold?

    Thanks, Steve. Appreciate the help.

    Best,

    Andrew

    --

    Birmingham, Alabama, USA
    rozsa@usa.invalid

    > On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 07:31:08 -0500, "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>:|"Andrew J. Rozsa" <rozsa@usa.invalid> wrote in message
    >>:|news:m9abf11h4dl51lgsgt34lkpioa2addgqe0@4ax.com...
    >
    >>:|> Does Dell honor the warranty on systems that have been resold?
    >
    >>:|Yes they do. I've had (2) off-lease corporate notebooks where Dell
    >>honored
    >>:|the existing (transferred) warranty.
    >>:|
    >>:|I've transferred the tags here myself:
    >>:|http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/change_order/en/tag_transfer
    >
    > Thanks, Stew. Appreciate the cogent reply. Now I know what to ask for
    > Christmas and point her way to various potential sources.
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > Andrew

    Andrew,

    You're very welcome.

    Here's hoping Santa's good to you. God bless Jefferson
    county............and Tuscaloosa county. ;-)

    Stew

    On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 17:47:31 -0500, "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com>
    wrote:

    >:| hoping Santa's good to you. God bless Jefferson
    >:|county............and Tuscaloosa county. ;-)

    and North Shelby County :-D

    Best,

    Andrew

    --