Race to Matriarch (1)

Hi,

I was looking at my two latest chars (level 79 Meteorb, level 78 LF/FA
Amazon) and want to know who is the better char..

So I geared them up best as I could and will push them through to Matriach
as fast as possible. As the Zon already is in Act3 Hell, my Sorc will need
to catch up first..

Each of them will take a Hellforge mule with them, as I happen to have two
hell-able rushees at hand. Another Sorc and a Druid (started with -act5)
with all skill and stat points saved up.

The chars:

Level 79 Meteorb FryEmFast

FB 30, FO 33, FM 19, CM 17, FA 14, ES 13
Life 1038, Mana 983
Rare orb with +2all, +2CM, +1ES (free ES!),
Spirit shield, SoJ, Gull dagger/Rhyme on switch
Vipermagi 44res all with UM, Ravenfrost
HF Merc with Insight, upped Duriel's and Stealskull

Level 78 LF/FA Zon LightMeUp

LF 32, FA 27, Valk 20, all passives 10, Pierce 12
Life 831, STR 170, DEX 189, Mana 244
WS1: Titan's / Spirit shield
WS2: Lycander's Aim
AR 7890 with Demon Limb Enchant
Spirit shield, Kira's Guardian (70res all with UM),
Thundergod's Vigor, Gloom armor
Defiance Merc with Insight, upped Duriel's, Tal's helmet
25 stat points saved up

Both have 75res all. About 80% FCR for the Sorc and 2 attacks with her
Titan's and 2.5 with Freezing arrow for my Zon. These aren't the highest
breakpoints, but reasonable easy to achieve.

Zon has a teleport ammu with +2 passive skills when she needs it.
Sorc has about 260%MF with her Gull dagger/Rhyme WS.

It will be interesting to see how both do on their journey to Baal. I
remember the Zon had very few probs getting to Act3.

Suggestions for improving these two girls are very welcome...

Regards,

Oliver

Hi,

Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in

> I was looking at my two latest chars (level 79 Meteorb, level 78 LF/FA
> Amazon) and want to know who is the better char..
>
> So I geared them up best as I could and will push them through to
> Matriach as fast as possible. As the Zon already is in Act3 Hell, my
> Sorc will need to catch up first..
>
> Each of them will take a Hellforge mule with them, as I happen to have
> two hell-able rushees at hand. Another Sorc and a Druid (started with
> -act5) with all skill and stat points saved up.

everybody is in Act3 now. Sorc had to get all waypoints, so it took her a
bunch of time. About 90 minutes to finish Act1 (Countess, Andy) and
another 4 hours for Act2. Killing Duriel was quite easy, although we had
to do it twice as the mule didn't get the reward for first time somehow.
Sorc is level 81 now.

LF Zon only did the key points of Act1 (Andy) and Act2 to get her mule
through. Duriel was a real killer for her.. Merc went down faster than
she could say "Boo" and the Valk didn't survive much longer. Without merc
there was no free mana and the 280 mana pool needed to be refilled quite
often. FA didn't do much against Duriel and LF also is no boss killer. So
it took quite some time to get rid of Duriel.

Good finding were very few.. Goldwrap belt number five or six - once you
have one they seem to drop more often than Sigon's stuff. Anything else I
don't even remember..

Any killer blow tips for an LF/FA Zon? Should she go for Strafe or stay
with Multi Shot? I think Strafe would fill up the mana bulb much faster?

Regards,

Oliver

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

> Any killer blow tips for an LF/FA Zon? Should she go for Strafe or stay
> with Multi Shot? I think Strafe would fill up the mana bulb much faster?

I prefer strafe but then again I'm biased 8D

--
In a World Full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

Hi,

"Sliver" <SliverREMOVETHIS@personainternet.com> wrote in

>> Any killer blow tips for an LF/FA Zon? Should she go for Strafe or stay
>> with Multi Shot? I think Strafe would fill up the mana bulb much faster?
>
> I prefer strafe but then again I'm biased 8D

yeah, I loved Strafe on my Strafezon and will invest the 2 skill points for
it. I guess I will get much better mana/life leech than with MS.

Regards,

Oliver

Hi,

Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in

> So I geared them up best as I could and will push them through to
> Matriach as fast as possible. As the Zon already is in Act3 Hell, my
> Sorc will need to catch up first..
>
> Each of them will take a Hellforge mule with them, as I happen to have
> two hell-able rushees at hand. Another Sorc and a Druid (started with
> -act5) with all skill and stat points saved up.

well, everybody has just done the Hellforge. I am quite happy with the
findings:

LUM
UM
MAL
GUL

Not too bad, I think.

Sorc is level 83 now and the Zon 82. If she doesn't spam fireballs and is a
little carefull, sorc regenerates enough mana to go without merc's Insight
stick. But the merc likes to die quite often against monster packs with a
strong boss. I wonder if I should swap the HF guy against a defiance merc?
Freezing from FO seems to be enough, I think.

I dunno how LF Zons coped with mana probs before Insight? She already wears
Tal's helmet for 10% life and mana leech.. Base energy only gets her 200-
300 mana total, and even Insights regen isn't fast enough to keep up with
her FAs or LFs.. I'll have to try to get even more mana leech into her
gear.

I guess Diablo and Baal will be really hard to kill for these girls.
Perhaps I can get more CB on the Zon, so she can do some good damage with
Strafe or Guided arrow.

Regards,

Oliver