Eddie_Phoenix

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
I will never again buy anything from newegg.com, they have the worst customer service support that I ever tryed!!!
Also, they use FedEx in which does not delivers to PObox, and why the hell not?! they would not answers me!
Once I tryed to go pick it up from the main location, they lost the package and newegg.com did give a [-peep-] about it!
here is what they wrote to my email address:

"If the package cannot be delivered it will be considered a 'return to sender' by FedEx and returned to our warehouse(s), whereupon you will be refunded. I've contacted FedEx and have requested that the package be returned. We cannot re-generate or re-activate an order once it has been returned to us, so the full amount you paid will be refunded back to your credit/debit card.
Sorry for the inconvenience."

What kind of [-peep-] service is this? I've just spend over $400.00 on a MB and CPU, and this is the response I got!!!
I will never buy anything from newegg and/or use FedEx as shiping any of my merchandise from the web!!!
Please pass this along your friends, everybody should know about newegg and their lousy customer service!!!
Thanks
Eddie

dhlucke

Polypheme
It sounds like you made it harder on yourself than you needed to. Next time ship it to your address. Even if nobody is there they'll drop off a little tag that you can take to your local fedex office to pick up the package. They don't deliver to my locked mailbox either and I don't throw a fit.

<font color=blue>________________________</font color=blue>
<font color=red>You are all going to go to Hell!

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
Not only that, but I hate to tell you: UPS doesn't deliver to P.O. boxes, either. And think- better they refund the money than KEEP IT, no?

<font color=green>****</font color=green> Never Assume <font color=red>ANYTHING</font color=red> <font color=green>****</font color=green>

Eddie_Phoenix

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
Well, I admit that I made a mistack on the shipping address, but shouldn't they tell me before that FedEx doesn't delivery to POBox??? And after spending over $400.00!!!!! by the way, the FedEx location is over 20mi from my house.
Eddie

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eddie_Phoenix on 06/22/04 07:22 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
so...40 mins travel time if ur worried about $400.
FedEx and UPS are bitches, so you must make it as easy as possible for em (they rarely deliver a package when everything's right :wink: ). As far as newegg, it's the best damn service I've encountered, I've built like 5 comps from it, not to mention the innumerable upgrades and whatnot. Ordered $1565 worth of electronics today, and they shipped it in 2 hours, without rush processing! I'd say it was a case of bad karma, error, and misunderstanding.

<font color=white>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</font color=white>
<font color=green>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</font color=green>
<font color=red>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</font color=red>

ChokeOnThis

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004
I've yet to really have an issue with New Egg. My roommate bought some new parts and it would get fire when we got it all together. Looks like the mobo so we set up an RMA and are waiting on it to get here. They even said if thats not it we can exchange the processor or anything else needed even though it would be out of their coverage period.

As for UPS and Fed Ex, they require signatures, and have never delivered to a PO Box. Besides, how would you fit a box for a mobo in one of those?

etp777

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2004
Makes it pretty clear there, before they let you put in an address, credit card or anything.

Important Shipping Instructions: All Orders Must Be Placed Online(24/7)

All orders shipped within CA,TN and NJ will be charged sales tax.

FedEx express saver: 3-4 business days plus processing time.

FedEx 2nd day: 2 business days plus processing time.

FedEx standard overnight: 1 business day plus processing time.

Military APO/FPO: 2-4 weeks via USPS plus processing time.

no delivery on saturday or sunday.

FedEx does not ship to P.O. boxes.

No international/Canadian shipments.

Military APO/FPO orders welcome! (Due to military APO/FPO box size, 19" and larger monitors will not fit. please remove them from your shopping cart and purchase locally.)

For HI and AK customers, fedEx can only ship via 2nd day or overnight, and shipping time will not be guaranteed. Therefore, Newegg.com will default to and charge for 2nd day air.

PR customers are responsible to pay any applicable duty tax and shipping method will default and charge for int'l economy.

All orders require 24-48 hours processing time before shipping. Newegg.com does not process orders during weekends. Newegg.com does not guarantee same day shipping.

Rush orders: some orders may be shipped the same day for a $2.99 service fee. click here for more details.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by etp777 on 06/24/04 01:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

dhlucke

Polypheme
I think his point was that he wants to know why Fedex, UPS, DHL, and probably the rest of the industry doesn't ship to PO boxes.

<font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=yellow>SE</font color=yellow> <font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue>
<font color=yellow>SWEDEN SE SWEDEN SWEDEN</font color=yellow>
<font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=yellow>SE</font color=yellow> <font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=blue>SWEDEN

dhlucke

Polypheme
I just asked my DHL delivery driver and he said that they do deliver to PO boxes but it's a special form and you have to have your real address on there as well. He basically said that everyone avoids the extra work.

The way around it is to ship it to the actual address where you PO Box is. So if it's at a post office use the Post Office address and then put in the box number after that. You could try that next time. Sneaky.

<font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=yellow>SE</font color=yellow> <font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=yellow>SE</font color=yellow> <font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=blue>SWEDEN

etp777

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2004
Actually, as he said in post I responded to:

Well, I admit that I made a mistack on the shipping address, but shouldn't they tell me before that FedEx doesn't delivery to POBox??? And after spending over $400.00!!!!! by the way, the FedEx location is over 20mi from my house.
Eddie

And my response pointed out that they did tell him very clearly, whether he chose to read it or not.

dhlucke

Polypheme
I saw that afterwards. I think we've come up with a solution though and I can understand his frustration when he's anxious for his parts. I myself don't read all that text beforehand.

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Heh heh...I once, years ago, had to go to the distribution center because my cashiers check was off by $.01! Boy was I pissed at Gateway! :)

Now I build my own and order from newegg a lot. After the first order showed up and was not left because no one was home to sign for it I went to the dist. center and signed what amounted to a waiver. They now leave everything on my front porch...may not work for you but it does for me.

....WW (5.0)

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
I work for UPS and let me tell you. I dont mind my package being shipped Fedex.....in fact if it was being shipped UPS i would have a heart attack. You would not beleive the stuff that happens in the Wearhouse where i load the 18wheelers. I dont load the little brown ones. I load the big ones. and if UPS delivered it...i wouldn't be shocked if it was broken, has holes in it or my favorite is when the square box gets all the corners smashed in to make it a cardboard sphere.
i personally try not to damage anything but others dont care and set 125lbs packages on 25lbs ones.
I know FedEx probably does the same thing and has all the same problems. But out of sight out of mind.
Thanx

dhlucke

Polypheme
They all do that. Same thing when you check your luggage at a hotel, trainstation, or airport.

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA

Johanthegnarler

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2003
That's awesome, reminds me of ace ventura. :D

<A HREF="http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=277124623" target="_new">http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=277124623</A>
46,510 , movin on up. 48k new goal. Maybe not.. :/

Atreidae

Distinguished
May 23, 2003
i know this is a little off-topic...but to the UPS man....i will never let UPS deliver my crap...last time i built a comp...i was going cheapo on the guy b/c thats wat he wanted...so the parts get there adn the UPS guy wants me to sign...i look at teh comp case and there's a hole where a forklift prong went through it...i show him and he's like "not my problem" and refuses to take it back...and since i'm stupid and already signed the form (i was in a hurry) he just drove off...i have never had damage w/ fedex adn they always put my computer stuff in the easy ride vans adn trucks...THEY ROXOR....thats the end of my plug for fedex...and i dont work there b4 u ask

RichPLS

Champion
I agree, NewEgg is one of the best online retailers!!!
Over 10 grand have been ordered by me over the last 2 years.
No problems...

========================
Try everything...
Do not be afraid of failure, for this is how we learn and grow...
Live life to the fullest...
Do not regret what you have not done!!!

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
LOL!!!
I am 99% sure it wasn't a fork lift. I know what it was. I see literally hundreds of damaged poackages a night. I dont deliver them, i just load the big rigs.

Here is a piece of advice, if you get a damaged packge from UP or Fedex...call them and tell them. They will make it a small hassle for you to claim it but they are reasonable.

I would rather ship fedex....out of sight out of mind.
I know they mess up there stuff too....its nearly unavoidable

--------------------------------------------------------
<font color=blue> I am on an express train to hell. I hope I'm in the front row, the ride is ALWAYS better in the front. </font color=blue>

El_Jefe_77

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004
the post office is a few dollars more for fast service and a few dollars less for slow service.

You have the us customs, FBI and mail fraud agents working for you when you go US Mail, in whatever capacity and such. UPS you get some tard in brown outfit complaining about his overworked hours and his non airconditioned truck, fedex are just wusses who carry white pieces of cardboard in slow motion.
I worked for them :) so i know!
Postal service is the best unfortunately, and the one you want for PO box!

inquiring

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2002
New Egg rocks! Just read the reviews and all the reviewers agree they are first class. Unfortunately, there is no download for end user stupidity. Suggest that next time you read their shipping policy rather than acting out anger toward a first rate company. Outta here dood.

jf0

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2004
Btw, ups and fedex will ship to a PO Box that ISNT owned by the post office. For example Mail Boxes Etc, or your local video store. As long as the primary address is a street addresses like 123 A St PO Box 123. The reason they dont deliver to USPS PO Boxes is simply because they are competitors, its like having the guy from Best Buy deliver something you bought from them to your local CompUSA for you to pick up because its closes. Guy wearing BestBuy uniform in CompUSA looks bad...