nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

Hey,

Finally got my skellimancer to Baal on NM last night. I was highly
annoyed because Baal wouldn't come out of his walkway. Each time I'd
lead my minions down the path, he'd cast his cold-wedge spell, and I'd
have to run back to heal, and my lackies would follow. Anyway, I finally
realized that if I ran past him to the perpendicular edge and stayed
there, that my minions could do the job, and he mostly ignored me. A
couple of times he teleported next to me, and I had to try not to panic
:) The only times he "came out", it was actually his twin brother.

Anyway, does Baal always hang back like this on NM? I never recall
having so much trouble finishing Baal, but this is probably because my
last necro to get there had Iron Golem as a strength and it was in
Single Player.

Doodles

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2004

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
<snip>
> > Single Player.
>
> The AI varies his behaviour from one game to the next.
>
> How come he's teleporting? Aren't you using decrepify on him? If you keep
> him decreped he can't tele or clone. Makes it so much easier.
> --
> ~misfit~

It's not true that he can't teleport or clone if you keep him decrep'd. It
just reduces the likelihood that he will do it. I have had several Hell
Baal games in which he cloned and/or teleported even when I was spamming him
with decrep.

Nobody wrote:

> Anyway, does Baal always hang back like this on NM?

I did a *lot* of Hell Baal runs way back when I was trying to get my
skelliemancer on the Ladder. IIRC, it was just a handful of times when
he went down that he wasn't in his little walkway.

> Thanks to all for feedback. For what it's worth, my Merc's wearing a set
> of armor that has 10% chance of static field upon hit.

You mean, your merc actually fights stuff? Impressive. My
skelliemancer's merc was the laziest, most useless merc I've ever seen.
And that's saying a lot. :)

Jill

doodles schrieb:
> "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
> <snip>
>
>>>Single Player.
>>
>>The AI varies his behaviour from one game to the next.
>>
>>How come he's teleporting? Aren't you using decrepify on him? If you keep
>>him decreped he can't tele or clone. Makes it so much easier.
>>--
>>~misfit~
>
> It's not true that he can't teleport or clone if you keep him decrep'd. It
> just reduces the likelihood that he will do it. I have had several Hell
> Baal games in which he cloned and/or teleported even when I was spamming him
> with decrep.

Correct. It requires more than 50% slow down to really impress Baal. If
you have a Clay Golem with slvl 10+ you actually can change from
Decrepify to Amplify Damage once the Golem has landed a hit and still
don't have to fear that Baal will escape from the skellyprison.

---
Hannes

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

Hannes Brunner wrote:
> Correct. It requires more than 50% slow down to really impress Baal. If
> you have a Clay Golem with slvl 10+ you actually can change from
> Decrepify to Amplify Damage once the Golem has landed a hit and still
> don't have to fear that Baal will escape from the skellyprison.

Thanks to all for feedback. For what it's worth, my Merc's wearing a set
of armor that has 10% chance of static field upon hit. That usually ends
up helping too. Funny thing is, slowing down the enemy reduces the
chance that the static field kicks in. Also, not sure if it can fire off
from *any* attack (magic fire, cold, etc.) that Baal throws out. If it's
only melee on the merc that will cause it, having 10 skellies, 10
revives and a golem doesn't make the chance very high :).

"Nobody" <anonymous@bogus.invalid> wrote in message
> Hannes Brunner wrote:
> > Correct. It requires more than 50% slow down to really impress Baal. If
> > you have a Clay Golem with slvl 10+ you actually can change from
> > Decrepify to Amplify Damage once the Golem has landed a hit and still
> > don't have to fear that Baal will escape from the skellyprison.
>
> Thanks to all for feedback. For what it's worth, my Merc's wearing a set
> of armor that has 10% chance of static field upon hit. That usually ends
> up helping too. Funny thing is, slowing down the enemy reduces the
> chance that the static field kicks in. Also, not sure if it can fire off
> from *any* attack (magic fire, cold, etc.) that Baal throws out. If it's
> only melee on the merc that will cause it, having 10 skellies, 10
> revives and a golem doesn't make the chance very high :).

What server do you play on (or single player?).
I can meet you and do low-level magics & sorc-punches to test if you want?

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

Trammel wrote:
> What server do you play on (or single player?).
> I can meet you and do low-level magics & sorc-punches to test if you want?

Cool -- USEast SC ladder. My necro's called Squelly and I usally play
around 9pm - midnight east coast. Going on line just now (21:42)

"neithskye" <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Nobody wrote:
>
> > Thanks to all for feedback. For what it's worth, my Merc's wearing a set
> > of armor that has 10% chance of static field upon hit.
>
> You mean, your merc actually fights stuff? Impressive. My
> skelliemancer's merc was the laziest, most useless merc I've ever seen.
> And that's saying a lot. :)

Some days, it's a struggle just to get him involved enough to turn his
aura on.

RelMark

> Trammel wrote:
> > What server do you play on (or single player?).
> > I can meet you and do low-level magics & sorc-punches to test if you
want?

> Cool -- USEast SC ladder. My necro's called Squelly and I usally play
> around 9pm - midnight east coast. Going on line just now (21:42)

Oh... Im on Europe-SC-Ladder-Lod :¬/

Maybe someone else from here can help though?

--

RelMark wrote:

> Some days, it's a struggle just to get him involved enough to turn his
> aura on.
>
> RelMark

Heh heh.

On my Baal runs, I'd take the WSK lvl 2 WP and clear that level, WSK 3
and most of the Throne. There were quite a few times that I wouldn't
even see the aura until the third wave of minions.

Jill