List of top Diablo2 misconeptions (In game)

Please feel free to add to this list anything you feel fits about in-game
misconceptions or rumors that dont actually "work" in diablo2.

1) The chat gem *MUST* do something else it wouldn't be there.
2) 500% MF (Magic find) is the best MF for finding items, after that the
likelyhood of finding stuff goes down.
3) There are bad MF% numbers throughout (IE: 512 is bad... but 511 or 513 is
ok).
4) Characters below level-40 cant get into Hell.
5) Spamming games with "Party me!!!!" (or anything repeated alot) helps.
6) "Im going to hack your account, noob!" must make SOMEONE scared.

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)

    "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message
    > Please feel free to add to this list anything you feel fits about in-game
    > misconceptions or rumors that dont actually "work" in diablo2.
    >
    > 1) The chat gem *MUST* do something else it wouldn't be there.

    but it does do something...

    > 2) 500% MF (Magic find) is the best MF for finding items, after that the
    > likelyhood of finding stuff goes down.

    it goes down after 400, but after 500 is when it just goes strait down

    > 3) There are bad MF% numbers throughout (IE: 512 is bad... but 511 or 513
    is
    > ok).

    every 5'th odd number that is a multiple of 3 is bad, except for the ones
    that are also a multiple of 4, those are very good.

    > 4) Characters below level-40 cant get into Hell.

    the can, but shouldnt

    > 5) Spamming games with "Party me!!!!" (or anything repeated alot) helps.

    it does, they throw an attack party

    > 6) "Im going to hack your account, noob!" must make SOMEONE scared.

    i dunno about you, but im shakin in my boots just reading that here

    sorry, couldnt resist.. but seriously the chat gem does do somethin, but i
    cant tell ya. u knows what it does too, so if he surfaces, he might tell
    ya.

    --
    The Secretive Saber

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Trammel" <Me@Server.com>, supreme
    ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    >Please feel free to add to this list anything you feel fits about in-game
    >misconceptions or rumors that dont actually "work" in diablo2.
    >
    >1) The chat gem *MUST* do something else it wouldn't be there.
    >2) 500% MF (Magic find) is the best MF for finding items, after that the
    >likelyhood of finding stuff goes down.
    >3) There are bad MF% numbers throughout (IE: 512 is bad... but 511 or 513 is
    >ok).
    >4) Characters below level-40 cant get into Hell.
    >5) Spamming games with "Party me!!!!" (or anything repeated alot) helps.
    >6) "Im going to hack your account, noob!" must make SOMEONE scared.

    7) Barbarians are only good for Battle Orders.
    8) Lightning javazons are the only amazons that can kill in Hell.
    9) The only good sorceress attacks are Blizzard, Orb, Chain Lightning,
    Fireball and Meteor.
    10) The 20 Ist runes I just offered you for a cracked sash are totally legit!
    11) The throne room is the only map in the game.

    Saber wrote:
    > "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > 3) There are bad MF% numbers throughout (IE: 512 is bad... but 511 or 513
    > is
    > > ok).
    >
    > every 5'th odd number that is a multiple of 3 is bad, except for the ones
    > that are also a multiple of 4, those are very good.

    Odd numbers divisible by 4 are very good indeed.
    --
    Zamboni

    "Zamboni" <thezambonis@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Saber wrote:
    > > "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > > 3) There are bad MF% numbers throughout (IE: 512 is bad... but 511 or
    513
    > > is
    > > > ok).
    > >
    > > every 5'th odd number that is a multiple of 3 is bad, except for the
    ones
    > > that are also a multiple of 4, those are very good.
    > >
    > Odd numbers divisible by 4 are very good indeed.

    Hmmm... I always wondered where these rumors came from :¬P

    --

    "Saber" <saber1@IEATSPAMMERSoptonline.net> wrote in message
    > "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message
    > > Please feel free to add to this list anything you feel fits about
    in-game
    > > misconceptions or rumors that dont actually "work" in diablo2.
    > >
    > > 1) The chat gem *MUST* do something else it wouldn't be there.
    >
    > but it does do something...

    Changing colors doesn't really count...

    short

    by activating the Gem in chat, it activates a random gem shrine
    somewhere in the game. its up to you to find it. sometimes it drops perf
    gems...

    "BattleGodz" <stcroix_2@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > by activating the Gem in chat, it activates a random gem shrine
    > somewhere in the game. its up to you to find it. sometimes it drops perf
    > gems...
    >
    > short wrote:
    > > "Saber" <saber1@IEATSPAMMERSoptonline.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>"Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message

    > > in-game

    > >>but it does do something...
    > >

    > > Changing colors doesn't really count...

    Nooo.... really???!?!!!??!???
    I'm gonna have to check that out tomorrow by searching the full Normal with
    my summoner or summit :¬/
    It sounds like that COULD be true... but I doubt it :¬s

    Btw: If you dont understand what Im replying too... read the top; he
    top-posted to a thread clearly already in a bottom-post orientation :¬s

    --

    > "BattleGodz" <stcroix_2@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> short wrote:
    >> > "Saber" <saber1@IEATSPAMMERSoptonline.net> wrote in message

    >> > Changing colors doesn't really count...
    >>
    >> by activating the Gem in chat, it activates a random gem shrine
    >> somewhere in the game. its up to you to find it. sometimes it drops
    >> perf gems...
    >
    > Nooo.... really???!?!!!??!???
    > I'm gonna have to check that out tomorrow by searching the full Normal
    > with my summoner or summit :¬/
    > It sounds like that COULD be true... but I doubt it :¬s

    I think it would be hard to prove this one way or the other.
    If you find a gem shrine, how would you know that it wouldn't have
    normally appeared there?

    RelMark

    "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in

    > "Saber" <saber1@IEATSPAMMERSoptonline.net> wrote in message
    >> "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message
    >> > Please feel free to add to this list anything you feel fits about
    >> > in-game misconceptions or rumors that dont actually "work" in
    >> > diablo2.
    >> >
    >> > 1) The chat gem *MUST* do something else it wouldn't be there.
    >>
    >> but it does do something...
    >
    > Changing colors doesn't really count...

    It has at least one other effect...

    RelMark