Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need a single file badly

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 16, 2005 6:27:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

D2TALK.MPQ file from Diablo II LOD

It would be a big help if someone could send me just the one files please
just post it here

D2TALK.MPQ file from Diablo II LOD


Thanks in advanced

More about : single file badly

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 8:03:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Dude, if it is this file that you want, i do have it here, for D2, and
D2:LoD.. But, i feel myself in position to ask you a little favor too.
Do you have the file D2XChar.mpq (i f****g think my cd is pirate, for
it doesn't have this file inside it) or do you know where do i get it?

If you have these informations, contact me again, and we mighty make
some deal...

Father Cosme

PS.: I mean us to exchange those files, so both of us get what we want.
June 16, 2005 8:29:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Binaries cannot be posted here but why are you unable to get
it off the CD?
Related resources
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 12:12:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

The_bear wrote:
> D2TALK.MPQ file from Diablo II LOD
>
> It would be a big help if someone could send me just the one files
> please just post it here
>
> D2TALK.MPQ file from Diablo II LOD

You can download fake empty MPQ files here:
http://hypergate.gunde.de/D2-Files/D2_LeerMPQs_ALL.zip

It contains dummy files which act as replacements for the following files:
- d2video.mpq
- d2xvideo.mpq
- d2music.mpq
- d2xmusic.mpq
- d2speech.mpq
- d2xtalk.mpq

--
AGD2 FAQ: http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 1:21:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

~misfit~ wrote:
> The_bear wrote:
>
>>D2TALK.MPQ file from Diablo II LOD
>>
>>It would be a big help if someone could send me just the one files
>>please just post it here
>>
>>D2TALK.MPQ file from Diablo II LOD
>>
>>
>>Thanks in advanced
>
>
> OK, question time. Why do you need it? Which file, the 55MB+ one off the LOD
> expansion CD? There's no way it could be posted here as this isn't a
> binaries group. What are you offering in return for all that bandwidth? Your
> return addy isn't real, that's assuming your providor would allow a 55MB
> attachment to an email anyway. (Highly unlikely).
>
> So... Like, are you high or something?
>
> Gunde's suggestion of using a dummy file seems the best bet but that doesn't
> get you past the install problem unless you have the option to just hit
> "ignore" for that file during install.
>
> Give me a website to post it to and I might consider it.
> --
> ~misfit~
>
>
If you really wanna send it to him, you can use yousendit.com. You'll
need his email addy, but won't have to give your own. It's free. Used it
several times without a problem. Even sent a 900+MB file with it once.

--
They're the wrong trousers Gromit!
And they've gone wrong!
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
ICQ:239019703
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 4:25:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote in message
news:42b2d78a$1@news.orcon.net.nz...
> It's not like he wants a CD image, just the one
> file, I don't think he's a pirate. :-)


I must be weird or summit...
I have 4 sets of Diablo2, 4 sets of Lord of Destruction (for the keys).
My girlfriend has 2 sets of Diablo2, 2 sets of LoD (for the keys)

We got them when we didnt live together... but can only use a total of 4
connections from one IP so thats 2 key-sets we dont use, 6 packs of Diablo2
CDs, 6 packs of LoD CDs, ... then I also have backup .cue/.bin files of
Diablo2 and LoD on 3 different PCs - lol

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 11:19:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

~misfit~ wrote:
> Trammel wrote:
> > "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote in message
> > news:42b2d78a$1@news.orcon.net.nz...
> > I have 4 sets of Diablo2, 4 sets of Lord of Destruction (for the
> > keys).
> > My girlfriend has 2 sets of Diablo2, 2 sets of LoD (for the keys)
> >
> > We got them when we didnt live together... but can only use a total
> > of 4 connections from one IP so thats 2 key-sets we dont use, 6
> > packs of Diablo2 CDs, 6 packs of LoD CDs, ... then I also have
> > backup .cue/.bin files of Diablo2 and LoD on 3 different PCs - lol
>
> So you're weird too huh? My girlfriend and I have four sets between
> us, sharing an IP so there's no point in getting more.

That is an advantage of getting DSL in Germany by Deutsche Telekom or one of
their resellers: Just place a hub between DSL modem and the devices that you
use for login (router or PCs directly). If you are two or three people with
each their own login then you can dialup simultaneously via the same modem,
and everybody gets his own IP. You just share bandwidth. That was indeed
handy during the agd2 meetings.

--
AGD2 FAQ: http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 7:04:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message
news:3hn1uaFhrdnlU1@individual.net...
> ~misfit~ wrote:
> > Trammel wrote:
> > > "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote in message
> > > news:42b2d78a$1@news.orcon.net.nz...
> > > I have 4 sets of Diablo2, 4 sets of Lord of Destruction (for the
> > > keys).
> > > My girlfriend has 2 sets of Diablo2, 2 sets of LoD (for the keys)
> > >
> > > We got them when we didnt live together... but can only use a total
> > > of 4 connections from one IP so thats 2 key-sets we dont use, 6
> > > packs of Diablo2 CDs, 6 packs of LoD CDs, ... then I also have
> > > backup .cue/.bin files of Diablo2 and LoD on 3 different PCs - lol
> >
> > So you're weird too huh? My girlfriend and I have four sets between
> > us, sharing an IP so there's no point in getting more.
>
> That is an advantage of getting DSL in Germany by Deutsche Telekom or one
of
> their resellers: Just place a hub between DSL modem and the devices that
you
> use for login (router or PCs directly). If you are two or three people
with
> each their own login then you can dialup simultaneously via the same
modem,
> and everybody gets his own IP. You just share bandwidth. That was indeed
> handy during the agd2 meetings.

Damn, that would come in handy here in UK!
We are stuck at a max of 8mb/sec though and cant really get higher unless
you goto leased-line :¬(

Im dying for a faster upstream... but even when you buy a better downstream
speed... the ISPs here leave you with a TINY upstream ;¬(

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 1:04:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On that special day, Trammel, (Me@Server.com) said...

> We are stuck at a max of 8mb/sec though and cant really get higher unless
> you goto leased-line :¬(

For me, eight MEGAbytes per second would be a dream; I've got a DSL
connection with one Mb. Or did you mean KILObyte?


Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de


--
Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
just so, at no cost.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 1:04:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Gabriele Neukam" wrote...
> On that special day, Trammel, (Me@Server.com) said...
>
>> We are stuck at a max of 8mb/sec though and cant really get higher unless
>> you goto leased-line :¬(
>
> For me, eight MEGAbytes per second would be a dream; I've got a DSL
> connection with one Mb. Or did you mean KILObyte?
>

I think that in terms of bandwidth, mb/sec equates to megaBITS per second.
Since 8 megabits are equal to 1 megabyte, you are both at the same speed. I
could be wrong, however.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 1:04:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On 20-Jun-2005, Gabriele Neukam <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de>
wrote:

> On that special day, Trammel, (Me@Server.com) said...
>
> > We are stuck at a max of 8mb/sec though and cant really get higher
> > unless
> > you goto leased-line :¬(
>
> For me, eight MEGAbytes per second would be a dream; I've got a DSL
> connection with one Mb. Or did you mean KILObyte?

It might have been bits instead of bytes, which would make it equivalent
to you.
--
Not 1337.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 3:05:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Brian Kastel" <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com> wrote
in message news:s1Fte.151463$w15.53162@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
>
> "Gabriele Neukam" wrote...
> > On that special day, Trammel, (Me@Server.com) said...
> >
> >> We are stuck at a max of 8mb/sec though and cant really get higher
unless
> >> you goto leased-line :¬(
> >
> > For me, eight MEGAbytes per second would be a dream; I've got a DSL
> > connection with one Mb. Or did you mean KILObyte?
> >
>
> I think that in terms of bandwidth, mb/sec equates to megaBITS per second.
> Since 8 megabits are equal to 1 megabyte, you are both at the same speed.
I
> could be wrong, however.

Yup... in internet terms people generally refer to download speeds as
mb(megabits)/sec or gb(gigabits)/sec... not mB(megaBytes)/sec.

Not sure if other countries differ from that... but I thought it was a
globally accepted standard?
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 10:34:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On that special day, Brian Kastel, (be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-
ell@tampabay.rr.com) said...

>
> "Gabriele Neukam" wrote...
> > On that special day, Trammel, (Me@Server.com) said...
> >
> >> We are stuck at a max of 8mb/sec though and cant really get higher unless
> >> you goto leased-line :¬(
> >
> > For me, eight MEGAbytes per second would be a dream; I've got a DSL
> > connection with one Mb. Or did you mean KILObyte?
> >
>
> I think that in terms of bandwidth, mb/sec equates to megaBITS per second.
> Since 8 megabits are equal to 1 megabyte, you are both at the same speed. I
> could be wrong, however.

I checked the sites of my ISP, and found that my connection (called
TDSL 1000) is up to 1024 kiloBIT fast. For the download only, as the
upload is at 128kbit. They are offering 2000 and 3000 speed versions,
too, with faster uploads.

Seeing that, I would say, Trammel still has got a better connection
than me.


Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de


--
Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
just so, at no cost.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 10:34:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

(Please reply to group only)
"Gabriele Neukam" <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote in message
news:D 99fhr$k2k$03$3@news.t-online.com...
> On that special day, Brian Kastel, (be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-
> ell@tampabay.rr.com) said...
>
> >
> > "Gabriele Neukam" wrote...
> > > On that special day, Trammel, (Me@Server.com) said...
> > >
> > >> We are stuck at a max of 8mb/sec though and cant really get higher
unless
> > >> you goto leased-line :¬(
> > >
> > > For me, eight MEGAbytes per second would be a dream; I've got a DSL
> > > connection with one Mb. Or did you mean KILObyte?
> > >
> >
> > I think that in terms of bandwidth, mb/sec equates to megaBITS per
second.
> > Since 8 megabits are equal to 1 megabyte, you are both at the same
speed. I
> > could be wrong, however.
>
> I checked the sites of my ISP, and found that my connection (called
> TDSL 1000) is up to 1024 kiloBIT fast. For the download only, as the
> upload is at 128kbit. They are offering 2000 and 3000 speed versions,
> too, with faster uploads.
>
> Seeing that, I would say, Trammel still has got a better connection
> than me.


Nawww... Im on the 1mb (megabit) package so am the same as you right now :¬)
UK only has one 8mb ISP right now... and its only on a few exchanges but the
mainstream ISPs do 512kb, 1mb, 2mb & 4mb

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 3:11:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote:

>> "~misfit~" wrote

>> I must be weird or summit...
>> I have 4 sets of Diablo2, 4 sets of Lord of Destruction (for the keys).
>> My girlfriend has 2 sets of Diablo2, 2 sets of LoD (for the keys)
>>
>> We got them when we didnt live together... but can only use a total of 4
>> connections from one IP so thats 2 key-sets we dont use, 6 packs of Diablo2
>> CDs, 6 packs of LoD CDs, ... then I also have backup .cue/.bin files of
>> Diablo2 and LoD on 3 different PCs - lol

You can use only 4 at a time on Battle.Net, if you only have one IP (1
cablemodem or DSL connection and one router). If you have two IPs from
your ISP, you can run all 8 copies and have a full game with just the
two of you.

How to get that second IP? Add cablemodem to your DSL household (or vice
versa) or put in a second phone line with its own DSL service.


--

Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper
!