Sign in with
Your question

9700, please have my babies

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 3, 2002 3:08:26 AM

You know you want it baby, with those sexy curves and smoking vertex shaders. Come on, let me sex you reeeeal good and make you a mama.

I think this is the finest thing Canada has accomplished since bombing the Baldwins. (No offense to any Canadians, but seriously, your country has never accomplished shiznit)

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to draw a bubble bath, turn down the lights, put on some Marvin Gaye, bust out the KY, and make some sweet sweet love to my 9700.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway

More about : 9700 babies

October 3, 2002 3:50:29 AM

LOL....I've only had a couple hours with my new 9700 and I'd be ready to dim the lights as well, IF I COULD ONLY GET IT WORKING!!!
October 3, 2002 8:07:39 PM

In all honesty, i take ur remark very personally....i am a very proud Canadian, and don't knock what you don't know about...do a little research on Canadian history b4 u knock us......

Who was one of the biggest powers in WW1 and WW2......thats right.....

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new">-MeTaL RoCkEr</A>
Related resources
October 3, 2002 11:45:42 PM

Who was one of the biggest powers in WWII? Um, Germany, the Soviet Union, the United States, Japan, Italy, France, the United Kingdom, Norway, Poland, and then maybe Canada. "One of the biggest" my ass. A couple dozen drunkards with hockey sticks doesn't hold a candle to what even Brazil contributed.

Seriously, I dare anyone to come up with a single Canadian accomplishment that rivals the 9700. I'll bet you can't. You didn't even invent hockey for the love of pete. Come on, let's hear it!

With their beedy little eyes, flapping heads so full of lies... LOL

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway
October 4, 2002 12:04:44 AM

Quote:

Seriously, I dare anyone to come up with a single Canadian accomplishment that rivals the 9700. I'll bet you can't. You didn't even invent hockey for the love of pete. Come on, let's hear it!

<A HREF="http://schwinger.harvard.edu/~terning/Canadians/" target="_new">Famous Canadians and their accomplishments</A>

Some of the highlights include:

<A HREF="http://schwinger.harvard.edu/~terning/Canadians/" target="_new">Fredick Banting and discovery of insulin and diabetes treatment</A>

<A HREF="http://schwinger.harvard.edu/~terning/Canadians/" target="_new">Sir Sandford Fleming and the invention of Standard time zones</A>

<A HREF="http://schwinger.harvard.edu/~terning/Canadians/" target="_new">Lester B. Pearson and his dealings with the Suez Canal issues</A>

<A HREF="http://schwinger.harvard.edu/~terning/Canadians/" target="_new">Billy Bishop: the renowned WWI fighter pilot</A>

<A HREF="http://schwinger.harvard.edu/~terning/Canadians/" target="_new">Jack Warner: Cofounder of Warner Bros.</A>

<A HREF="http://schwinger.harvard.edu/~terning/Canadians/" target="_new">Fredrick Varley: World Famous Painter</A>

<A HREF="http://us.imdb.com/M/person-exact?+Shatner,+William" target="_new">William Shatner: STAR TREK!!</A>

Need I continue? I can find a few hundred (if not thousands) of sites explaining how significant Canada's contribution to WWI and WWII was. The U.S. gets most of the glory, but Canada did a lot of the dirty work in the world wars.

Intelligence is not merely the wealth of knowledge but the sum of perception, wisdom, and knowledge.
October 4, 2002 12:32:09 AM

You need to get a life. Its a video card, thats right, a video card. 3-6 months for now its will be 2nd grade and then a year later it will be a price/performance card. Two years later it will be in a bargain bin.

"If you sign up for AOL now, we'll give you 1024 hours of slow service and disconnects free of charge"
October 4, 2002 12:36:05 AM

Dude, at the beginning of WWII the USA was not even in the top 15 military wise. We were like 18 or something. Canada being a dominion of Britian was more powerful than the US because they had issues to resolve with Britians enemies. I wouldnt diss on canadians, i bet most are more successful than u are. SOunds like u watch to much South Park dude, chill, dont be so bitter. Anyways remember how bad the Canadian war was in South Park. It was a stalemate and millions of americans and canadians died in it, LOL. If it wasnt for Canada we would be speaking russian right now. They were our only anti missile defense in the cold war. If they were pathetic russia would have easily nuked and invaded. Brush up on your history. Canada did hold the anti ICBM radar net. Im an american but i have nothin against canadians, u do for some reason. Whatever, LOL.
October 4, 2002 12:55:34 AM

Would the Canadian Space Arm rival your pitiful little Radeon 9700?

In a world without <font color=red>walls </font color=red>or <font color=green>fences </font color=green>, what use have we for <font color=red>Windows </font color=red>or <font color=green>Gates.</font color=green>
October 4, 2002 1:17:17 AM

Would my arm hold a condle to your R9700 PRO? (I'm Canadian BTW if ya didn't know) I feel kinda dissed from those remarks but I won't resort to harsh disinformation.

You're as anti-Canadian as I've seen them come.

Ah well.

...And all the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put my computer back together again...
October 4, 2002 5:14:21 AM

Quote:
i take ur remark very personally

Just for the record, I was LingOL about the 9700 thing, not the Canadian remarks.
By the way, I got my card working, and yes...IT ROCKS!!!
And yes, two years from now it will be in the bargin been, that's where I retired my Voodoo 5 5500 yesterday. Two years ago, I wanted IT to have my babies... I can hardly wait to see what's avalible when this one gets recycled :) 
October 4, 2002 2:26:56 PM

How can you start a sentence with "no offense" and then go on with un-educated and stupid opinions.

NO OFFENSE, but if you compare the general american public with the canadian public, I think this issue would be clear.

<font color=red>I´m starting to feel like a real computer consultant.</font color=red>
October 4, 2002 3:14:17 PM

Celine Dion negates atleast 3 of those accomplishments :smile:

<font color=blue>Unofficial Forum Cop</font color=blue>
October 5, 2002 9:09:28 PM

Can't stop LOLing

I got a minor in World History just for laughs, and the only time the word "Canada" comes up is in relation to radar staions during the cold war.

You putting down something as trivial and insignificant as "Standard Time Zones" as one of your top Canadian accomplishments proves my point better than anything I could say.

Canada did not do any [-peep-] "dirty work" in WWII. The Soviet Union had 30 million dead. That's what you call "dirty work". Stop making me laugh.

I'm not anti-Canada BTW. I go to Vancouver a lot- its a great fun place. I'm just anti-nationalism. You should see the trash I talk about the dumb "bombs and Jesus" flag waving morons down here in the U.S. I'm downright courteous to Canada in comparison :D 

Anyway, back to the main issue... namely the sexing of my 9700. Ooooooohh yeahh baby.

October 5, 2002 10:00:39 PM

Another major item forgotten on your long list, this one far more related to computers..

If you actually look it up and not believe common knowledge, the first person to create a working radio transmitter was Reginald Fessenden, a Canadian.

-Col.Kiwi
October 5, 2002 10:17:28 PM

Quote:

If you actually look it up and not believe common knowledge, the first person to create a working radio transmitter was Reginald Fessenden, a Canadian.

Yup, and Alexander Graham Bell was also Canadian. IIRC, he lived most of his life in Canada.

Intelligence is not merely the wealth of knowledge but the sum of perception, wisdom, and knowledge.
October 5, 2002 10:18:58 PM

No offense, but you yankeez "accidently" bombing Canadian soldiers doesn't do much for your reputation ya know! :tongue:

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :lol: 

October 5, 2002 11:52:46 PM

I once read that the United States has bombed people of 94 distinct nationalities, as of early 2002, might be more my now

Don't take it personally, it seems to be our only consistent foreign policy philosophy

October 6, 2002 11:02:33 AM

Wait a second, you´re a AMERICAN anti-nationalist???
Give me a break from all this laughing...

<font color=red>I´m starting to feel like a real computer consultant.</font color=red>
October 6, 2002 5:59:28 PM

yeah your mom wasnt laughing at my wang last night, pretty boy

October 6, 2002 6:27:54 PM

LOL! How old are you? :wink: You have the maturity of a 12 or 13 year old.

October 6, 2002 7:06:02 PM

HAHAH.. Most of you are probably wearing jeans and don't even know that a canadian invented the ZIPPER! Canadians kick ass.

Thats my 2 canadian cents!

btw, anyone wanna buy a firegl 8800?

who ever has the most ram when they die wins!
October 6, 2002 10:22:04 PM

Dude junky, u are just really stupid. Thats it. How could someone so ignorant and retarded actually come up with an opinion like that. I shouldnt even be callin u names, whats the point? U will just go on with your little stuck up redneck attitude that the white american is the best person on the planet. Just STFU and get over yourself. Go back to your trailer and fat-@$$ wife with your 20 kids and go work at your beer factory. (if u are still young this is your pathetic future) LOL DUDE, GET A LIFE.

You do know that a canadian battalion did participate in D-Day and u do know the significance of that, or at least i hope u do. The canadians also assisted the US in Vietnam, Korea, the Invasion of Moracco and countless other battles and wars. . Cmon dude. The soviets lost so many people because they has a moronic leader named Stalin. He decided it would be a great idea to launch suicide attacks with millions of guys and only 1/3 of them had weapons. That is why russia lost so many people. You can thank canadians for the telephone and the radio and countless other inventions and items that we use today. Have fun screwing your stupid video card.

Also, of course Ghostdog's mom wasnt laughing at your wang last night because she was so shocked to not find one. She was trying to figure out wtf u are.

Cmon guys just stop responding to this moron. Ignore his posts when he actually needs help, God forbid any canadians help u out with any problems.

Sorry guys, im just pissed because i had to RMA my PSU and mobo and i still havent been able to use my comp that i bought almost a month ago. We also lost our homecoming game so i am kinda annoyed i guess. LOL Junkyy have fun dude.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by BigBiggist on 10/06/02 06:24 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
October 7, 2002 1:17:10 AM

ati is canadian based?

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal
October 7, 2002 1:50:31 AM

Yup :smile: .

...And all the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put my computer back together again...
October 7, 2002 2:36:46 AM

blah! i will never buy anything ati again!!! canada ahhhhhhhhhh!

incase you couldnt tell, that was scarasim : )

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal
October 7, 2002 6:33:25 AM

Your not to bright.......Canada hasn't done anything significant eh? Im pretty sure if it werent for us Canadians you Americans would be going out starting wars more often and wondering why you get planes crashed into your building (not to offend anyone or anyones family's or memebrs who were lost in that tragedy) but what do u expect when u have the attitude that your the best, biggest and badest there is, ever was, and eevr will be? Wake up.....Canada and it's fellow Canadian's have done a LOT more than you even know....everyday things you use or do I bet were impacted in soem way by something us Canadian's have done.......were not abotu war, werw about peace keeping....does that make us any less of a country?? I think not........Bombs dont solve wars....they start wars..........

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new">-MeTaL RoCkEr</A>
October 7, 2002 4:53:09 PM

Whoa...

All this over the 9700 Pro? Gimme a break...

If there's one thing I dislike about Americans, it's their ignorance. If there's one thing I dislike about Canadians, it's their pride and defensiveness (I'm Canadian, by the way). But in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't make a hoot of a difference where the card comes from, right? Americans just like to make it a point that the 9700 Pro is made by a Canadian manufacturer, probably because they're not even aware we have the resources for such a feat. After all, we all live in igloos and drive dog sleds to work, right? :)  Anyhow, I think there's far too much bitterness on each side. Let's just all be friends and enjoy the fruits of ATI's innovative engineering skills - at least until nVidia releases their next line of GPUs.

BTW, I think it's pretty funny that Americans take so much pride in their military. Is that really the point? Having the biggest army in the world so you can potentially defend yourselves from any prospective attackers? I'd like to think the Canadian military is smaller because we don't need one. Why put so much effort and resources into protecting your a$$ with soldiers and bombs when you can take a hint and stay out of everyone else's business, make a few friends here and there and stop trying to be king of the hill? Bleh... not trying to feed the fire, just making a few pointers. Happy gaming.
October 7, 2002 5:29:47 PM

Then maybe you should go out more? In all reality it doesn't matter and it was a team effort. Even though the US did 99% of the work and paid for most of the war (WWI and WWII can be said as beeing the same war)

Life is irrelivent and irrational.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>
October 7, 2002 6:04:41 PM

Hey junkkyy, I'll pay your way to Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Come to my house and I'll show you my shotgun collection.

you represent all things wrong with USA. the americans have such bad reputation because of hicks like you. there are many good americans that get your reputation.

BTW, don't burn yourself, the 9700 gets pretty "fiesty" especially with all that extra voltage. It may be good, but it's not great. anyways, what kind of stupid moron has sexual intercourse with a damn video card? you damn nymphomaniac pedophile, go boil your head.

BTW, did i mention im canadian?

<b>The AntiMac</b>
<i>Making the world a better place</i>
October 7, 2002 6:34:27 PM

did you know that a fascist is someone who suppresses someone elses opinions and beliefs threw force?

Mr. junky has his opinions and you wanna kill him for it. That is what a fascist would do.

Maybe YOU represent everything that is wrong with the world ever thought of that?

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>
October 7, 2002 6:49:22 PM

6 of the greatest minds came out of Canada.

1.Mike Myers

2-6.The Kids in the Hall

That's enough right there for me to think Canada is a'OK in my book!
October 7, 2002 7:04:51 PM

Ahhh dammit people. Just cut it out. We all have our opinions and no matter what others think, it's still their opinion. So just leave it. If you don't like something, just ignore it. I've learned that.

October 7, 2002 9:01:07 PM

Why try to agrue which country has more accomplishments, like some others have said, does it really matter. And as for those who take it so offensivly, I am from the US and I dont really care if someone makes fun of my country. In fact we (americans) probly make fun of our country more then anyone else. Take a joke. And get back to discussing the damn sexy 9700 Pro.

- - - -
Kill a man and you're a murderer;
Kill many and you're a conquerer;
Kill 'em all and you're a god.
October 7, 2002 11:55:24 PM

Okay, I just had to say it.

The war of 1812. Canada did some royal American a$$ kicking.

Oh and sk8ter, while I'm willing to admit that the US did finance more than their fair share of both world wars, they did not do anywhere near 99% of the work. Hell, they didn't even join the war (either one) until pratically the end. And to anyone who thinks that Canadians did nothing in either world war, please try saying this to anyone from Holland (liberated by Canada in WW2). Also try looking up Vimey, Somme, or any major european battle of either world war.

Try reading any hisory book not published in the US and you'll see what Canada has accomplished. We've cured Polio, discovered insulin, and even invented Superman!

Sorry for this rant, but people like sk8ter really tick me off.

Americans, you have reasons to be proud as well. You almost single handedly defeated Japan in WW2. You've invented the light bulb and pratically invented the computer. You've got the strongest military and the strongest economy in the world. Unfortunately, you also seem to have more than you fair share of ignorant a$$holes like sk8ter who deftly insert their foot into their mouths without even bothering to do any research to back up their ridiculous claims.

--------------
Knowan likes you. Knowan is your friend. Knowan thinks you're great.
October 8, 2002 12:02:46 AM

I used to know many of Canada's unique accomplishment a year ago. Today, Canadian history has been completely erased from my mind, hehe. History was never one of my favourite subjects. I did extremely well, but I didn't particularly enjoy it. I've totally forgotten Grade 7, 8 and 10 history.

October 8, 2002 12:28:26 AM

? ahhh maybe thats because America was an Isolationist to the european world. Hmm i wonder why, maybe it's because we broke off from Europe and wanted no part of them maybe. thats my thoery. When the british burn down your capital do you really wanna associate with them?

Dude history is history. If you take history personal you'll go mad like the extremist terrorist.

sooo ahh ya get over it.

October 8, 2002 6:50:12 AM

We will conquer.
Here is <A HREF="http://www.standonguard.com/plan.html" target="_new">The Plan</A>. Get ready! Angry beaver lovin' pacifists are going to kick your ass.

Just a note.
ATI designs their products in Markham Ontario. The products are made in China. That doesn't really matter because we'll be taking over China soon.

<font color=red><i>Doctor Hooter</i></font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.page3.com/" target="_new"><b>(·Y·)</b></A>
October 8, 2002 10:49:06 AM

I just wanted to apoligize for being an ass in my other post. I was just pissed off. Anyway yea, we are all entitled to what we believe in, just drop the bickering and get on with life.
October 8, 2002 1:19:17 PM

arguing in these forums is like the special olympics. even if you win, you are still retarded.

*** :cool: Duff Man says a lot of things, OH YEAH!!! :cool: ***
October 8, 2002 3:19:28 PM

Okay, since I don't feel like being formal at the moment, here are some random thoughts that I got while browsing through this mess of a post.

* The 9700 still seems like a rushed product to me. Maybe ATI should have waiting another month or so to work out the power issues and ensure that it's a card without so many complications.

* That aside, it still kicks arse.

* That aside, it'd still be awfully painful to rub up against.

* Canada frankly hasn't done much for/to the world, in peace or in war. Not that they haven't done <i>anything</i>, because they <b>definately</b> have had their impact here and there.

* America does however appreciate Canada's radar defenses and supply of electricity to California. ...Well, maybe those from California on that last one anyway. Personally, I think a lot of educated Americans would have loved to see California smacked hard so that people would realize the benefits/necessity of nuclear power plants and produce more of them.

* To my knowledge Canada has some big arse ships in their Navy that'd send other ships to a watery grave. You have to respect that.

* Of course, what good any ship is compared to a solid air force is beyond me... Big ships just make big targets. The naval war is so old-fashioned. Everyone knows today's military power is mostly in the air or in support of the air. :-p

* Canadians are cool people and usually a lot more entertaining than Americans.

* With the exception of French Canadians of course. ;) 

* Americans in general aren't nearly as ignorant as other countries think. Even American media vastly mis-portrays the typical American. (Mostly because the 'typicl' American is rather boring.) However, with the population that America has, it's no doubt that many ignorant Americans do in fact exist. You just have to compare that percentage to the population as a whole.

* American tourists are <b>not</b> typical Americans. Frankly, I don't know how so many ignorant bafoons ever get rich enough to travel the world. **big shrug** Sometimes life just isn't fair.

* The War of 1812 is hardly a fair example. It's going almost right straight back to the inception of the United States of America and was certainly at a time when the US barely even existed and was already severely damaged from prior wars. If that's the best example Canadians have of warfare, it's pretty sad. :-p

* Canada has <b>much</b> better camping than America.

* America has such a powerful army because we were born from war and try as we might to avoid war, everyone keeps flinging war back at us. So we've just learned to be the 'peacekeeing' agressor. If America just tried to stay out of wars as we'd have liked in the first place, we'd just get drug into it at some point anyway, and usually after being attacked on our home turf. Being attacked on our home turf is just not cool.

* South Park is just a slightly-more-modern Beavis and Butthead, and ultimately about as entertaining.

* If there <i>were</i> ever a WWIII, and nukes weren't used (because frankly, we'd practically blow up the whole world with reprisals were nukes used), I think we all know Canada and America would join together rather nicely to defend their own. So lets all just get along. :)  I we <i>really</i> want to make fun of a country, there is always France... ;) 

<pre><A HREF="http://www.nuklearpower.com/comic/186.htm" target="_new"><font color=red>It's all relative...</font color=red></A></pre><p>
October 8, 2002 5:05:57 PM

A friend of mine went to the states and told her friends over there that she´s from Finland, "where´s that" asked her friends. "In europe" she said. The question followed: "Where is that? Is that like a country or something?" I agree that not all americans are dumb, anyone saying that is either joking or stupid. But the above example is a typical example of ignorance. America seems to think they´re the worlds greatest, that´s just empty pride. America wouldn´t be as big as it is today if it weren´t for a lot of different nations.

Junkyy´s post directed at my mom just proves he isn´t mature enough to be with civilized people who come here to talk about GCs and stuff.

October 8, 2002 6:27:10 PM

Yeah. Unfortunately you get a lot of truely uneducated kids making it through the school systems these days. It seems like world geography and world history just aren't even on the curriculum anymore. **sigh** It's sad.

And their attitudes are just getting worse and worse too. They expect the world to just be handed to them on a silver platter. So they're not just ignorant, but they're also spoiled.

At this rate, the majority of America's population pretty much will be the ignorant spoiled snobs that most other countries think Americans are in just another twenty years. And it's all thanks to our failing school systems and the simple fact that kids these days don't have any serious problems to worry about. There is no WWI, WWII, Korea, Veitnam, Cold War, <b>anything</b> that threatens world peace and forces the youngins to think about/live through 1) being drafted, 2) actually knowing about any country outside of their own, and 3) food and supply shortages due to war.

It's sad. The modern day peace that we have is making an awful lot of kids spoiled and ignorant. People say war is bad, but sometimes I wonder if it isn't a necessary evil every once in a while.

Oh well. I can always escape the annoyance by moving to Australia. :)  And while that is the current trend to move towards ignorance, the majority of adults age 30+ still aren't <i>that</i>ignorant to not even know what Europe is.

**ROFL** I'd have to shoot myself if one day I can't remember what Europe is. Heh heh.

<font color=red>Hey, where's Europe?</font color=red>
<font color=blue>I think it's left of Ohio...</font color=blue>
<font color=green>No, no! I think it's a continent or something. Isn't it south of Mexico?</font color=green>
<font color=blue>No, that's Hawaii you idiot! Europe is in Florida.</font color=blue>
<font color=red>I think it has something to do with Disney...</font color=red>

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?na..." target="_new"><font color=red>Join</font color=red> <font color=blue>the</font color=blue> <font color=green>THGC</font color=green> <font color=orange>LAN</font color=orange> <font color=purple>Party</font color=purple>!</A>
October 8, 2002 11:00:20 PM

This is beginning to sound like a political forum. All of you out there describing the radeon 9700 as sexy and "ohhh have my children" need to start looking at the opposite sex. And in the debate about America Vs Canada, give it a rest. Both countries have their fair share of ignorant idiots. Both also have their fair share of accomplishments. I live in America and its good around here, no wars, nothing too messed up. Canada seems like a nice place too. Let the topic die.

"If you sign up for AOL now, we'll give you 1024 hours of slow service and disconnects free of charge"
October 8, 2002 11:11:13 PM

Quote:

* If there were ever a WWIII, and nukes weren't used (because frankly, we'd practically blow up the whole world with reprisals were nukes used), I think we all know Canada and America would join together rather nicely to defend their own. So lets all just get along. :)  I we really want to make fun of a country, there is always France... ;) 

I heard that the U.S. military and a few other militaries around the world have "semi-secret" particle/energy weapons. We're talking about weapons that accelerate microscopic particles and fling them at objects at near the speed of light. The particle beam itself is invisible, but if you add a laser (for aiming), those weapons would look a lot like the "phasers" or "phase pistols" in Star Trek.

October 9, 2002 2:22:55 AM

Quote:

You mean nVidia?

Err...if nVidia was the opposite sex of ATI then they wouldn't be competing, they'd be merging. :wink: :lol: 

October 9, 2002 3:30:24 AM

So much bashing and ignorance, so little time….

AMD_Man, this isn't directed to you. I'm just going to make this short and sweet to all of you.

I think this is embarrassing. Those of you bashing Canada can go suck a nut and those of you bashing the USA can suck the other one. Half of you are ignorant in your views of things. Canadians have done a [-peep-] load of stuff and the Americans as well. It's just plain disgusting to bash each other like this.

If I thought you were joking it would be a different story, but half of you are dead serious.

Sick bastards. Go read a book and STFU.

That some of you could be so cold as to dismiss the Canadian's efforts in the world wars is just plain sick. I realize that some of you 10 year olds are far removed from that period of history but its not that hard to discover and understand.

As far as Americans go, let me assure you all that the entire world hates them. I've been to 25 countries and a couple territories, and trust me, the Americans are at a low point right now. However, some hate them and don't even know why. Let me also assure you all that most of those people know jack [-peep-] about the USA just like some of you with respect to Canada. I would say half are just plain ignorant (I’ve met Canadians who thought the USA only had 100M people and that they all were a bunch of red neck hicks) and propaganda driven, 25% are driven by strict moral guidelines, philosophical ideals, or religion (vs the USA's desire to protect their way of life, not everyone else’s, right or wrong), and 25% are right about their dislike of the USA. I'll be the first to say they aren't perfect.

Nonetheless, this is an international forum and I'm downright offended by people bashing each other like this.

I've had a bad day and trust that those of you who I didn't mean to direct this to not take offense.

<font color=red>I'd like to dedicate this post to all my friends, family, and fans. Without them this post would never have been possible. Thank you!</font color=red>
October 9, 2002 4:31:45 AM

I agree with your points.
Here are a few facts that may put things in perspective.

The population of Canada is 31 500 000
The population of USA is 288 200 000

The people who bash Canada and say that we do not contribute is ludicrous. The USA has 10 times as many people as Canada thus they have 10 times more GDP than Canada. When comparing the amount of accomplishments between the USA and Canada is like comparing apples and oranges.
As Canada and the USA are members of NATO and the UN when wars are fought and both countries spend money and send troops to support the war. If the US sends a 1000 soldiers Canada sends 100 soldiers, likewise if the US spends 100 Billion on support Canada spends 10 Billion. It is called equalibrium and fair share.

Did anyone evan realize the population of California is greater than the population of Canada.
So the next time someone thinks Canada's role is insignificant in a world event compared to the USA compare Canada's contribution to the state of California and see which is bigger.
Canada is a big country with few people. We have a great deal of pride and we do more than our fair share in the world community.

<font color=red><i>Doctor Hooter</i></font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.page3.com/" target="_new"><b>(·Y·)</b></A>
!