Pro level PCI video? is there such a thing?

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
I a working on updating some of the computers at work. Unfortunatly, a lot of them are HP machines with onboard graphics and no AGP slot. I am looking fo a video card that is good enough for graphics work (like Corel n such), and offers dual monitor support. Is there such a beast?

We had tried adding a radeon 7500 PCI to one machine and it would not work in conjunction with the onboard. It did work on my station, and is currently running 2 monitors off of it.

We had a good bit of success with a matrox g450 card (agp). I am looking to repeat this success.

You dont have an <b>ANY</b> key? Your keyboard must not be Windows XP certified...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Get in the wayback machine and buy some VooDoo 2 cards, they rocked at such task.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
Ok Mr. Pebody... lol

Hmmm.. a guy I work with is still running one of those at home.... and thats his main.

After looking around, I found some matrox g450 cards for a decent price. Kinda wish voodoo was still around, I remember how happy I was when I got my voodoo3...

You dont have an <b>ANY</b> key? Your keyboard must not be Windows XP certified...

miahallen

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2002
matrox g450's are going for >$100. Your can get a GeFoce2 32MB for <$50 or a 64MB version for <$70 and they'll do just as well for your application. Two GeForce2 32MB cards would give you dual display capabilities and still be cheaper than one g450.