Singer Barb?

Last response: in Video Games
June 19, 2005 9:07:41 AM

Hi,

I just started building a Singer Barb as support char for my other guys.
Started with -act5 and some rushing, he is in NM Act1 and has a Might merc.
Skill layout I think should be:

Shout 20
BC 20
BO 20
Conc 10+
Sword M. 10+

I've always favored Axes on my barbs, as most runewords work in them. So
this time I'm looking at Sword mastery?

What are nice swords for barbs around level 40? He currently uses
Bloodletter unique sword and a Spirit Dimensional sword with Sigon's shield
on pre-buff switch.

Regards,

Oliver

More about : singer barb

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 2:13:57 AM

Which BC is that? If it's Battlecry, good. If it's Battle Command, then
stop putting points in there. Put points into BO first at least. More
points into Battle Command only increases duration, whereas that point
in BO provides duration and more life. If it's Battlecommand, then
disregard.

For the OK's use Warcry to stun them, and then Berserk to kill them.
With a point in Zerk, and with a hgih level shout, that should be
plenty of magic damage.

Not really sure how he helps your other guys? Unless you mean your
friends.

Nitpick: It's really a Conc Barb and not a Singer.
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 2:47:05 AM

Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1119244437.378669.63700
> @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Which BC is that? If it's Battlecry, good. If it's Battle Command, then
> > stop putting points in there. Put points into BO first at least. More
> > points into Battle Command only increases duration, whereas that point
> > in BO provides duration and more life. If it's Battlecommand, then
> > disregard.
>
> didn't think of that. Battle Command is level 13 now and I'll fill the
> other two (Shout/Battle Orders) first. I need 14 more points to do that
> and so they'll be maxed at char level 80.

Don't put any more points in there even after you max BO and Shout.

> I can run two Diablo sessions one my PC, so I do an TCP/IP game and one
> of my high level chars joins in. My level 83 Meteorb Sorc has 2K life,
> 1.5K mana and about 8K defense after BC/BO/Shout. With ES on and Merc
> with Insight stick, she should be nearly un-killable.
>
> And nearly 8 minutes duration should be enough for most situations...

Yup. And most of the stuff he'll be using will be cheap. +3 WC ammy,
2*+3WC weapons, +1 armour, nice helm. You could obviously get tricky
but that's +13 BO for realtively cheap.
June 20, 2005 7:10:16 AM

Hi,

Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in
news:D 92nht$r5e$04$1@news.t-online.com:

> Hi,
>
> I just started building a Singer Barb as support char for my other
> guys. Started with -act5 and some rushing, he is in NM Act1 and has a
> Might merc. Skill layout I think should be:
>
> Shout 20
> BC 20
> BO 20
> Conc 10+
> Sword M. 10+

just have to report that this barb is level 63 now and only died twice in
the Chaos Sanctuary. He'll need lots more help with OK's in Hell diff.

OTOH, he just rocks in NM so far. Obedience on weapon switch provides
about 10K attack rate, OATH runeword in an ethereal Small Crescent gives
378 max damage and one-hit kills most monsters even at /players 8.

Max Conc and 11/11/12 on BC/BO/Shout provides level 20ish protection with
2K life and 10K defense. For nearly 6 minutes duration.

So far, he found a DOL in NM and my second Ravenfrost ring (yeah). And
Goldwrap belts seem to drop like flies - I must have 7 or 8 now.

Onward to Act5 now..

Oliver
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 11:31:42 AM

Hi,

"chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1119244437.378669.63700
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Which BC is that? If it's Battlecry, good. If it's Battle Command, then
> stop putting points in there. Put points into BO first at least. More
> points into Battle Command only increases duration, whereas that point
> in BO provides duration and more life. If it's Battlecommand, then
> disregard.

didn't think of that. Battle Command is level 13 now and I'll fill the
other two (Shout/Battle Orders) first. I need 14 more points to do that
and so they'll be maxed at char level 80.

> For the OK's use Warcry to stun them, and then Berserk to kill them.
> With a point in Zerk, and with a hgih level shout, that should be
> plenty of magic damage.
>
> Not really sure how he helps your other guys? Unless you mean your
> friends.

I can run two Diablo sessions one my PC, so I do an TCP/IP game and one
of my high level chars joins in. My level 83 Meteorb Sorc has 2K life,
1.5K mana and about 8K defense after BC/BO/Shout. With ES on and Merc
with Insight stick, she should be nearly un-killable.

And nearly 8 minutes duration should be enough for most situations...

Regards,

Oliver

> Nitpick: It's really a Conc Barb and not a Singer.

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 10:15:52 AM

> Oliver Wenzel wrote:

>> didn't think of that. Battle Command is level 13 now and I'll fill
>> the other two (Shout/Battle Orders) first. I need 14 more points to
>> do that and so they'll be maxed at char level 80.
>
> Don't put any more points in there even after you max BO and Shout.

darn, I didn't think of it. I could have saved at least 10 skill points for
the mastery tree. If I had the time I'd build another one...

>> And nearly 8 minutes duration should be enough for most situations...
>
> Yup. And most of the stuff he'll be using will be cheap. +3 WC ammy,
> 2*+3WC weapons, +1 armour, nice helm. You could obviously get tricky
> but that's +13 BO for realtively cheap.

I currently have +10 from gear and another +2 from warcry skillers. I could
get another +3 from echoing weapons and a +3 hat, but these I still have to
find.

He has just entered Hell Act1 at level 70. All resistances maxed and about
9K AR after Enchant from Obedience thresher. 11K defense with a 1277 def
Duress armor. With 2.5K life I guess I can push dex to max block, too.

Regards,

Oliver

!