Congrats to THG: NV18 & NV28 test

G

When its good, I should also say it. That was a short, but rather good review; good choice of benchmarks (Pax Payne, AquaNox, UT2003, NO QUAKE3 !!..), finally MINIMUM framerates instead of only average, a reasonable test platorm and a pretty correct analysis... too bad no CPU scaling was included, but nevertheless, THG, please keep this up, and also use these same benches in your CPU reviews !

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I agree and thought it was a pretty good article too, even if the pictures were backwards. ;)

One thing I thought that they could have commented on though is that why there is no 'real' difference between the 4x and 8x speeds, there was at least a real measurable difference, as small as that may have been. A single extra FPS may not be much, but it was measurable. So they could have at least put in a sarcastic comment about it.

<pre><A HREF="http://www.nuklearpower.com/comic/186.htm" target="_new"><font color=red>It's all relative...</font color=red></A></pre><p>

Ghostdog

Distinguished
May 28, 2002
I think some sort of CPU-scaling should be included in the articles, not all of us have the latest Pentium4.

<font color=red>I´m starting to feel like a real computer consultant.</font color=red>

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Yeah when I first saw that I ws like sweet, Ti4200 with BGA RAM... [drools]

...And all the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put my computer back together again...

Latest posts