CEmod - battling the clone.

So, last night I get home, and, of course, the first thing I get when I
unpause the game is the message that Diablo walks the earth.
Good, that is what I want. So, I wp to rogues camp, and tele to the cold
plains. After looking around a bit, I find him and all his little
'buddies'. So far so good, but, wait a minute, he has spawned immune to
physical AND immune to magic. Uh oh. Ok, fine, I think, I can still kill
him, I have 27 skell mages, a fire golem, and my merc has some elemental
dmg too. After 'cleaning' up all the little fallens with corpse explosion
so they quit bothering us, we can finally all concentrate on taking the
clone down. So, I am standing just outside his meteor area and hitting
him with decep every so often, and watching 'da boys' wail away at him.
And watching, and watching. We battled all through the night into the
next 'day' (went from light to dark and back to light again), and only
took about a quarter inch off the right side of his health bar. About
this time I am thinking, holy immunities batman, this could take hours at
this rate! (it had been about 25 minutes 'real' time so far), so I decided
it was time to try some experiments. I tried poison nova, didn't seem to
hurt him at all. I tried raising an Iron Golem from a decentish polearm,
but that just made the clone concentrate on my merc instead of the fire
golem. So, I teleported away for a moment to let him (merc) heal for a
moment, and next thing you know the clone comes clomping along and when I
looked at him, he was now only cold immune, 25 seconds later he was dead.
That was so weird, has anyone else seen that happen? Where his immunities
changed?
--
Not 1337.

ArtDent wrote:

<edited>

> That was so weird, has anyone else seen that happen? Where his immunities
> changed?

Yup, happens with regular critters, too. I first noticed it with the
Clone when I went back to town to heal my merc. Went back and the Clone
had different immunities. Seems if you step back to another screen, or
back to town, for a time, the immunities will change.

Of course, there are instances where the immunities will not change. I
once fought the other Clone with my barb in Pit of Acheron or wherever,
and he spawned Fire Enchanted. Well, I knew I didn't want to be
anywhere in the same Postal Code when the Clone "passed from this
world", so I went back to town, then came back. Still FE. Ah, well.
That's what Double Throw is for.

I dunno what causes immunities to change/not change, but it sure is
weird.

Jill

Jill wrote:

>I dunno what causes immunities to
>change/not change, but it sure is weird.

I've been trying to figure out what changes immunities as well. Right
now I'm using completely different equipment in HC than I was in SC, so
I know it's not an equipment thing. Most monsters with
double/triple/quadruple immunities lose one or more immunities with a
few whacks of Concentrate and whatever the weapon du jour happens to be.
Considering that I don't do much whacking, after a few warcrys if a
monster is still standing, I'll whack them a couple of times and the
immunities disappear. The only monsters that it doesn't seem to work on
is Champions, Fanatics, and the superuniques.

As far as the clone, I've not run into this situation and once I decided
to go after him it wasn't much of a battle.