Dell Dimension 9100 on board sound card vs. Soundblaster A..

Hi all....
Just ordered a 9100 and am wondering how the on board soundcard stacks up
against my current pc running an Audigy...my particular concern is signal to
noise ratio...
3 answers Last reply
More about dell dimension 9100 board sound card soundblaster

    Onboard sound has become very good, though it's no match for your Audigy. It really comes down to how you listen to sound: Do you have a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker system? THX? Are you a critical listener of music or a hard core gamer? Do you like to edit sound, make remixes or customize your sound stage with DSP? For all of these, you want a sound card. Otherwise, the onboard sound chip is just fine.

    Ted Zieglar

    "denton" <news.my180.net> wrote in message news:11fd56ma5m3ai6a@corp.supernews.com...
    > Hi all....
    > Just ordered a 9100 and am wondering how the on board soundcard stacks up
    > against my current pc running an Audigy...my particular concern is signal to
    > noise ratio...

    Actually...."none of the above".....the primary use of the soundcard is to
    decode/encode audio signals for amateur radio. My current pc is using the
    audigy soundcard simply because it is far superior with good signal to noise
    ratio...the soundcards digital components do not add much of its own noise
    to the recieve signals and it's audio output is exceptionally clean.

    denton wrote:

    > Actually...."none of the above".....the primary use of the soundcard is to
    > decode/encode audio signals for amateur radio.

    Amateur radio? That means 99.9% of all sound cards are not needed.

Dell Sound Cards Dimension Computers