Severe Problems getting decent framerate

ScytheBlade1

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2002
http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k=2481703

Well, the only thing that you can't tell is the MX #, which if 440. Basically, my GF4MX440 is getting absolute crap FPS, and there's several known problems.

The AGP transfer rate is set to 4x, but I can NOT enable AGP sideband addressing and AGP fastwrites. It's kinda weird, my BIOS dosen't show anything but enable 4x, so I'm kinda at a dead end.

However, I have a VIA KT133 mobo, that is part of the problem. I installed the needed 4in1 update, and watched the transfer rate switch from PCI to 4x, so I don't think it's a problem with out-of-date technology.

I am really at a dead end, so I'm begging for help here ;)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Man.

I dunno about the MX. On the GF2's, the MX used sdram instead of ddr. Which meant the card was hammered dog sh!t when it came to memory bandwidth. There was no point in overclocking the gpu; the memory was the limiter looooooooooong before.

Probably about the same on the GF4-MX. It's cheaper for Nvidia to make one plant producing the exact same processor, but then using a laser to "cut" out some of the functionality and sell it like that.

So, I bet your processor can handle sidebanding. That's a function of the drivers. Download NVmax, or what I use; GTU. Geforce Tweaking Utility.

Enable *EVERYTHING* if you are using winXP. Don't turn on sidebanding if you're using Winme, 'cause it will cause the machine to hang at os load.

P4's @ 3600Mhz ()wNz J00 4LL!!!!!!

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Try and do a 3D Mark 2001 test. I've never done any 2000 tests and have no clue what you should be getting.

...And all the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put my computer back together again...