dupped runes

Shawn

I had a jai and and a ber dissapper, whats the deal.
I traded good stuff 4 them.
Spider and ravenlore.

r all highs duped ??/

im pissed!

What the deal with dupping ?
r all highs dupped?
had ber 4 2 days
had jaj 4 30 days

what the deal?

Shawn wrote:
> I had a jai and and a ber dissapper, whats the deal.
> I traded good stuff 4 them.
> Spider and ravenlore.
> r all highs duped ??/
> What the deal with dupping ?

Probably a lot of them are. And according to the price list I have access to
usually both Ravenlore and Spiderweb sash are both a lot less worth than
these two runes, and that would make me highly suspicious towards the
legitimacy of the runes you acquired.

--
AGD2 FAQ: http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php

"Shawn" <scan19@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I had a jai and and a ber dissapper, whats the deal.
> I traded good stuff 4 them.
> Spider and ravenlore.
>

> r all highs duped ??/
>
> im pissed!
>
> What the deal with dupping ?
> r all highs dupped?
> had ber 4 2 days
> had jaj 4 30 days
>
> what the deal?

You should always assume runes that you have traded for are duped unless
they were found by someone you REALLY trust.

The only two ways I know to keep duped runes for long is:
A) Merge 2-3 runes of the same type into the next level.
B) Use the runes in a runeword as soon as you get them.

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)

Trammel wrote:
> "Shawn" <scan19@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I had a jai and and a ber dissapper, whats the deal.
>>I traded good stuff 4 them.
>>Spider and ravenlore.
>>

>>r all highs duped ??/
>>
>>im pissed!
>>
>>What the deal with dupping ?
>>r all highs dupped?
>>had ber 4 2 days
>>had jaj 4 30 days
>>
>>what the deal?
>

> You should always assume runes that you have traded for are duped unless
> they were found by someone you REALLY trust.
>
> The only two ways I know to keep duped runes for long is:
> A) Merge 2-3 runes of the same type into the next level.
> B) Use the runes in a runeword as soon as you get them.

There were reports of duped runes disappearing out of runeworded items,
however.

AFAIK, though, cubing up the lower runes should seem to work.

"Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message

> The only two ways I know to keep duped runes for long is:
> A) Merge 2-3 runes of the same type into the next level.
> B) Use the runes in a runeword as soon as you get them.

I thought during one of the ruststorms people had some but not all runes
disappear from runeworded items. So putting them into a runeword may not
make them permanent.

Yeah they try and spoil it for all of those who enjoy the game. I mean if
they dupe stuff. Why even trade it? Why not just make the stuff they really
want. Do it legit like the rest of us.

It's frustrating. I can't say that i've had a loss such as yours or even
that i've lost anything to a dupe. I haven't. But i hate the hackers.

I say F#$* Off to all of them. :)

--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

"Shawn" <scan19@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I had a jai and and a ber dissapper, whats the deal.
> I traded good stuff 4 them.
> Spider and ravenlore.
>

> r all highs duped ??/
>
> im pissed!
>
> What the deal with dupping ?
> r all highs dupped?
> had ber 4 2 days
> had jaj 4 30 days
>
> what the deal?

Shawn

thk u 4 ur hlep
i thing u got use then immedially?
still pissed!

"Shawn" <scan19@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I had a jai and and a ber dissapper, whats the deal.
> I traded good stuff 4 them.
> Spider and ravenlore.
>

> r all highs duped ??/
>
> im pissed!
>
> What the deal with dupping ?
> r all highs dupped?
> had ber 4 2 days
> had jaj 4 30 days
>
> what the deal?

Ruststorms? You mean Reset?

--

"Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote:

> "john graesser" <graesser@tca.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message
> >
> >> The only two ways I know to keep duped runes for long is:
> >> A) Merge 2-3 runes of the same type into the next level.
> >> B) Use the runes in a runeword as soon as you get them.
> >
> > I thought during one of the ruststorms people had some but not all runes
> > disappear from runeworded items. So putting them into a runeword may not
> > make them permanent.
>
> Ruststorms? You mean Reset?

"Rust Storm" was Blizzard's name for their large-scape dupe checks and
deletions. (Presumably, the idea was that affected dupes rusted away.)

RelMark

"Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> Yeah they try and spoil it for all of those who enjoy the game. I mean if
> they dupe stuff. Why even trade it? Why not just make the stuff they
really
> want. Do it legit like the rest of us.
>
> It's frustrating. I can't say that i've had a loss such as yours or even
> that i've lost anything to a dupe. I haven't. But i hate the hackers.
>
> I say F#$* Off to all of them. :)

You hate hackers?! ...ALL hackers?!!!???
lol - poor boy... your stereotyping due to press releases from insecure
companies, etc.

An internet without hackers would be a VERY insecure & unsafe place...
....kinda like the medical profession without its watchdog

Alot of people that you call hackers in a distastful manner are helping to
make the internet a better & more secure place by reporting faults with
systems. Once a company refuses to fix their code though and leave it
insecure/buggy... alot of hackers will make the information about it public
in the hope of forcing companies into fixing their code & other good
practices.

The people you should really hate aren't the hackers... but the stupid
people who use other peoples programs / methods and use them for personal
gain. These people generally aren't hackers and dont have two brain-cells
to rub together, however companies are scared of hackers so use those morons
as examples to slur them (Even though they AREN'T normally hackers -=- just
morons with a program).

Either that, or you could hate the companies who refuse to fix their code /
systems after repeated warnings, the code / method going public... AND the
morons abusing it.

But to hate ALL hackers without knowing anything about them?!?!!!
LOL.... poor lil' predjuce boy :¬/

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)

Sorry... D2 Hackers... F#$@ Off

(Also it depends on the hacker as an individual.) I've had a couple of ppl
hack myself and if i'd found out whom they were life would've become
uncomfortable for them. <evilgrin> Especially if they'd been local. I know
my Martial Arts Skills are not for aggressive use, but there are limitations
sometimes. <looks around innocently>.

--

> "Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
>> Yeah they try and spoil it for all of those who enjoy the game. I mean if
>> they dupe stuff. Why even trade it? Why not just make the stuff they
> really
>> want. Do it legit like the rest of us.
>>
>> It's frustrating. I can't say that i've had a loss such as yours or even
>> that i've lost anything to a dupe. I haven't. But i hate the hackers.
>>
>> I say F#$* Off to all of them. :)
>

> You hate hackers?! ...ALL hackers?!!!???
> lol - poor boy... your stereotyping due to press releases from insecure
> companies, etc.
>
> An internet without hackers would be a VERY insecure & unsafe place...
> ...kinda like the medical profession without its watchdog
>
> Alot of people that you call hackers in a distastful manner are helping to
> make the internet a better & more secure place by reporting faults with
> systems. Once a company refuses to fix their code though and leave it
> insecure/buggy... alot of hackers will make the information about it
> public
> in the hope of forcing companies into fixing their code & other good
> practices.
>
> The people you should really hate aren't the hackers... but the stupid
> people who use other peoples programs / methods and use them for personal
> gain. These people generally aren't hackers and dont have two brain-cells
> to rub together, however companies are scared of hackers so use those
> morons
> as examples to slur them (Even though they AREN'T normally hackers -=-
> just
> morons with a program).
>
> Either that, or you could hate the companies who refuse to fix their code
> /
> systems after repeated warnings, the code / method going public... AND the
> morons abusing it.
>
> But to hate ALL hackers without knowing anything about them?!?!!!
> LOL.... poor lil' predjuce boy :¬/
>
> --
> Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
> (Please reply to group only)

ummm... people have hacked me before on d2 and i want to know how thats
helping me... lol

Vorp

Vorp wrote:
> ummm... people have hacked me before on d2 and i want to know how
> thats helping me... lol

It usually helps to see the context by quoting the relevant bits of what you
are replying to. At least I have no idea what you are referring to now.

"Vorp" <seryph07@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> ummm... people have hacked me before on d2 and i want to know how thats
> helping me... lol

*shrug*
I guess it helped you by teaching you not to trust people with your
passwords AND not to run programs that people tell you download and use
(like "hacks" that are/contain trojans ;¬)