How high can you get?

Hi,

I started my Double Swing barb yesterday and wanted to know how fast I
could get him to higher levels. So he was started with the -act5 trick and
my Enchantress boosted him for most parts of the game. Level 34 Enchant
lasts for nearly 15 minutes and you can do much in that time.
Enchantress also gave waypoints and we skipped several areas. At /players 8
you gain levels so fast, that the char is much higher than the current
baddies. So I had to rush forward to keep char level = monster level.

Here's the journey:

30 mins. Normal Act5, NM Andy and get Might merc
85 mins. NM Act1 to Jail WP at /players 8 => Level 49
50 mins. Jail to Act2 Radament => Level 53
35 mins. NM Radament to Act3 => Level 56
60 mins. Act3 to Act4 => Level 60, first death due to the
Travincal guys, best find a IO rune
25 mins. Act4 to Diablo waypoint => L62, Hellforge = LEM
30 mins. Kill Diablo at /players 2, Double Throw versus OK's
55 mins. Act5 to WSK2 at /players 8 Level 67
40 mins. Kill Baal at /players 8, no OK's, level 71, 2nd death
due to Nihlatak
25 mins. Baal run at /players 4 level 72

435 mins. total

He has spent all skill and stat points and now has max Bash, level 13 BO
and Shout, level 16 Axe Mastery, DT/Conc 1 plus pre-reqs.

After Enchant from Demon Limb and BC/BO/Shout he has 2395 life, 6015 def
and 75all resistances.

Left Weapon: OATH in Ethereal Small Crescent: 1962-3265 dam, 7811AR
Right Weap : DEATH in Warspike : 1228-2143 dam, 8380 AR

The 50%IAS from OATH already put me at 4.5 attacks/second w/o additional
IAS. Another 40%IAS gets the full 5 attacks..

Might Merc has Obedience Thresher, Tal's Crest and ethereal Duress armor
with def 1639. While fighting, he has def 12792, damage 575-3560 and about
2650 life.

Off to some more Baal runs...

Oliver

"Oliver Wenzel" wrote...
> Hi,
>
> [snip rush details]

Okay, questions about rushing:

Does -Act 5 work on the realms?
Which quests per act MUST be completed before moving on?

I'd like to do Hellforge runs in Hell, but it takes EONS for me to get a
character to that point. (Just last night got my one Sorceress there for a
Pul). I need a way to do it SOLO. I have a dual setup, but I can only
really play using one of the computers, since the other is a dinosaur P166.

Hi,

"Brian Kastel" <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com>
wrote in news:pxeve.162508$IO.98158@tornado.tampabay.rr.com:

> Okay, questions about rushing:
>
> Does -Act 5 work on the realms?
> Which quests per act MUST be completed before moving on?
>
> I'd like to do Hellforge runs in Hell, but it takes EONS for me to get
> a character to that point. (Just last night got my one Sorceress
> there for a Pul). I need a way to do it SOLO. I have a dual setup,
> but I can only really play using one of the computers, since the other
> is a dinosaur P166.

I dunno about Realms, I only do SP. The -act5 trick should work in open B-
net, too.

Best setup for Hellforge rushes would be with 2 rushers. I currently use an
Enchantress for Normal Act5 and Nightmare. Make the rushee a barb, he can
later provide Shout/BO - he needs level 40 for NM Ancients anyhow, so put
these 40 skill points into Shout/BO. Get Double Swing and equip two fast
axes.
The second rusher is my Meteorb (level 83). She does the Hell part. Barb
does BO/Shout on her and she has 2K life and 1.5K Mana. Nearly unkillable.

When rushing through Act5 Norm, never touch a waypoint with the barb. He'll
be back in Act1. For the Ancients, put him behind the big pillar on the
upper left side. Nobody will touch him there.
He just needs to be in Baal's chamber (dead or alive) when you kill the
boss.

Now we need to get the Barb to level 40 for NM Ancient. Enchantress does a
level 30ish Enchant on him. At /players 8 he'll be level 40 in 30-60
minutes, depending on your playstile.

Now Enchantress takes over and does the important quests:

Act1 - Kill Andariel (rushee is in next room)
Act2 - Halls of the Dead
- Maggot Lair
- Serpent Temple (Name?)
(Rushee just opens the chests)
Act2 - Arcane Sanctuary
(Rushee close to Summoner)
Act2 - Duriel
(Rushee can stay in Staff chamber)
Act3 - Travincal
(Rushee close to bosses)
Act3 - Mephisto
(Rushee close)
Act4 - NM Hellforge
Act4 - Diablo
(Rushee cl.. did I say that already?)
Act5 - Ancients
Act5 - Baal

Rushee can be killed during the boss fights, he'll get the quest anyhow.
Just don't press ESC before the fight is over.

In Hell, my Meteorb Sorc takes over. Barb does Shout/BO on her and off she
goes to do it all again..

I guess it can be done in less than 3 hours (or even 2) if you really press
it. Sorcs just teleport straight to Quest target and don't pick up anything
that drops.

Regards,

Oliver

"Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
> [...]
> (Rushee close to Summoner)
> Act2 - Duriel
> (Rushee can stay in Staff chamber)
> Act3 - Travincal
> (Rushee close to bosses)
> Act3 - Mephisto
> (Rushee close)
> Act4 - NM Hellforge
> Act4 - Diablo
> (Rushee cl.. did I say that already?)
> Act5 - Ancients
> Act5 - Baal
>
> Rushee can be killed during the boss fights, he'll get the quest anyhow.
> Just don't press ESC before the fight is over.
>
> In Hell, my Meteorb Sorc takes over. Barb does Shout/BO on her and off she
> goes to do it all again..
>
> I guess it can be done in less than 3 hours (or even 2) if you really
> press
> it. Sorcs just teleport straight to Quest target and don't pick up

Thanks! It sounds as if could work with my Charged Bolt/Blizzard sorceress,
but not as well since she has no enchant. I'm working on building a melee
Enchantress, but she's still in normal.

If you are referring to using the /players 8 on realms it doesn't work. It
doesn't understand that command.

--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

"Brian Kastel" <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com> wrote
in message news:pxeve.162508$IO.98158@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

wrote in news:pukve.117629$VH2.8808@tornado.tampabay.rr.com:
> "Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
>>
>> I guess it can be done in less than 3 hours (or even 2) if you really
>> press
>> it. Sorcs just teleport straight to Quest target and don't pick up
>> anything
>> that drops.
>
> Thanks! It sounds as if could work with my Charged Bolt/Blizzard
> sorceress, but not as well since she has no enchant. I'm working on
> building a melee Enchantress, but she's still in normal.

get some bow with exploding arrows and some piercing (Razortail). With
the right skill distribution between Warmth, Enchant and Fire Mastery, an
Enchantress can power-level herself 'till Hell diff. And she is mostly
finished around level 60.

My Enchantress just boosted my new Pally up to level 50. Just took about
2 hours and he has 75 stat and 9 skill points saved up. Makes it easy to
try out new builds.

Regards,

Oliver