Dimension 4550 fan fix

I'm working on a Dell Dimension 4550 which was giving a fan error on bootup.
I put in a new fan that connects to the power supply. I'm still getting the
fan error on bootup which I assume is because the new fan does not plug into
the motherboard.

Is there any way I can disable this message or does anyone know where I can
get a fan with the motherboard connector.

Thank,
Pald

Disable the message - can't be done; comes from the BIOS.

Get a new fan - from Dell; it's proprietary. Contact Dell Parts.

Ted Zieglar

Disable the message - can't be done; comes from the BIOS.

Get a new fan - from Dell; it's proprietary. Contact Dell Parts.

Ted Zieglar

Or head over to ebay. There are literally dozens if not hundreds for the
43XX,44XX,45XX, 82XX,83XX, and 8400 Dimensions there.....

Stew

christoj879

My fix was to use a regular 3-pin 92mm fan (in my case an Antec) and use wire cutters to cut the plastic around the connector. Connect the fan, start it up and make sure it spins, if not turn the connector, boot up and you're good to go :)