Idea with Obedience.

My Sorc merc is using Obedience. Nice little weapon he's wielding. In an
Ethereal Cryptic Axe. I have a low version somewhere on another character.
(gotta dig it out) .... I just came up with an idea of using it on weapon
switch for my IK WW/Con Barb to get the level 21 enchant... Would the
enchant work regardless i switch back to the IK Maul? I mean, enchant is
enchant, it's not like some weapons where once you switch the benefit
disappears... This a neat idea? Think it'd be worth looking into?

--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

Hi,

"Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote in

> My Sorc merc is using Obedience. Nice little weapon he's wielding. In
> an Ethereal Cryptic Axe. I have a low version somewhere on another
> character. (gotta dig it out) .... I just came up with an idea of
> using it on weapon switch for my IK WW/Con Barb to get the level 21
> enchant... Would the enchant work regardless i switch back to the IK
> Maul? I mean, enchant is enchant, it's not like some weapons where
> once you switch the benefit disappears... This a neat idea? Think it'd
> be worth looking into?

I do this all the time with some of my chars. Put merc weapon on your char,
go to an easy area, kill 'till Enchant kicks in, return to town and give
Obedience back to merc. 10 minutes of free Enchant for 30 seconds work.

Only problem on a sorc is getting high enough dex and str. But if you have
spare runes, you could do Obedience in a lower req polearm and keep it in
your stash just for the Enchant.

Regards,

Oliver

I was thinking of stealing the lower level one which has the same enchant i
believe as the bigger one for my barb.. currently i'm looking for an Io rune
and either UM or IK Soulcage. From what i can recall the IK Soulcage is
worth UM. I have seen sales of Um for 40pgms.... I offered a guy 40pgms for
his IK Soulcage and he laughed at me. I said how about an Um. He thought
about it. I then told him that Ums have been sold for 40pgms and he then
told me that his Puls cost 40pgms.... Then i laughed at him. I buy Puls for
25pgms why would i spend 40 on one. LoL... Some ppl ask 2 much for
somethings...

--

"Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> "Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote in
>
>> My Sorc merc is using Obedience. Nice little weapon he's wielding. In
>> an Ethereal Cryptic Axe. I have a low version somewhere on another
>> character. (gotta dig it out) .... I just came up with an idea of
>> using it on weapon switch for my IK WW/Con Barb to get the level 21
>> enchant... Would the enchant work regardless i switch back to the IK
>> Maul? I mean, enchant is enchant, it's not like some weapons where
>> once you switch the benefit disappears... This a neat idea? Think it'd
>> be worth looking into?
>
> I do this all the time with some of my chars. Put merc weapon on your
> char,
> go to an easy area, kill 'till Enchant kicks in, return to town and give
> Obedience back to merc. 10 minutes of free Enchant for 30 seconds work.
>
> Only problem on a sorc is getting high enough dex and str. But if you have
> spare runes, you could do Obedience in a lower req polearm and keep it in
> your stash just for the Enchant.
>
> Regards,
>
> Oliver

Yeah i know what you mean Misfit. I have a Demon Limb on my Fanatic Zealot.
Not a cheap repair at all once you've used a couple of charges. I wasn't
majorly stressed about the cost, i have wealth armor, cash he could come by
quickly if needed. But i agree... Free is better than paid for enchant.