Merc for Zeal/Vengeance Pally

Hi,

after trying out my new OATH ethereal Feral Axe on my Ranger Pally, I'm
starting an Zeal/Vengeance Pally with Fana/Conviction auras.

Skill layout:

Fana 10+
Conv 10+
Zeal 5+
Veng 10+

Fire 10
Cold 10
Light 10
Shield 1+

Should reach this skill setup level 60ish, and then there is lots of room
for adjustments.

Ethereal Feral Axe needs 186 Strength, so HS will have to help with
blocking, as there aren't too many points for dex left. AR will come from
swapped in Obedience and Ravenfrost should help, too.

Lightsabre/Rhyme shield on switch for Zeal, or if I find an ethereal Phase
Blade, I'll do another OATH in it..

The big question is, which merc? Might doesn't help with Vengeance, afaik,
so I was thinking of an Defiance guy?

BTW, OATH axe showed about 8K Vengeance damage on my Ranger Pally, with
only 1 point in it and 20 cold/light res.

Regards,

Oliver

> Lightsabre/Rhyme shield on switch for Zeal, or if I find an ethereal Phase
> Blade, I'll do another OATH in it..

phase blades dont spawn etheral as they are automatically indestrucible....
a berserker axe is the best one handed weapon for runewords..

peace,
kyle

Hi,

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote in

> Oliver Wenzel wrote:
>>
>> Ethereal Feral Axe needs 186 Strength, so HS will have to help with
>> blocking, as there aren't too many points for dex left. AR will come
>> from swapped in Obedience and Ravenfrost should help, too.
>
> Ummmm, I must be ignorant or something. A feral axe is two-handed
> right? Is it still possible to use HS with a two-handed weapon?

sorry, I was talking of the weapon switch. I'll have something like
Kingslayer (Crushing Blow) on switch (or a LawBringer for Decrep) and want
a shield and HS for that..

>> Lightsabre/Rhyme shield on switch for Zeal, or if I find an ethereal
>> Phase Blade, I'll do another OATH in it..
>
> As Kyle pointed out, if you find an eth Phase you'll be the first
> person ever to.

I never really noticed the Indestructible mod on a Phase - and wouldn't
have guessed that meant no ethereal.

> Kyle suggests an eth 'zerker axe for Oath. I have another suggestion,
> an eth scourge. The 'zerker does slightly more damage (47.5 average
> compared with the scourge's 41.5 for non-eth) but the scourge is
> faster. (-10 to the 'zerker's 0). So, depending on break-points etc.
> the scourge could well be the way to go.

Nice idea. Scourge is at full 4fpa with Fana 10 and no further IAS. OTOH,
'zerker only needs 15%IAS more and level 15 Fana to get there.
Oh well, one more item to look out for and pick up. But doubles the chance
to finding one.

> I have a frenzy barb with an eth Oath scourge in his right hand and a
> Stormlash in his left. Unfortunately I've ended up with fairly low ED
> on my Oath (hehe) even though I 'hel'ed' it out once and tried again,
> better but still low. Oath is still an awesome weapon with lowish ED
> though, it does more physical than my 'Lash so it helps with the leech
> and the +50% IAS is gravy.

Yeah, I just built a Double Swing barb this week. He wields an ethereal
Small Crescent with OATH and another Small Crescent with Crescent Moon.

That's already 4.5 attacks/second with additional 30%IAS. And 239-378
damage. Two 'zerkers (one OATH) would get 5 attacks with 40%IAS..

I'm currently searching through my stash for stuff with +STR for my Pally.
At level 50, he can wield that ethereal Feral OATH axe, if he gets 186 STR.
I know I have an Ammu with +30STR and rare belt/rings with high STR, too.

Regards,

Oliver

Hi,

"kylel4" <kylel4@nomail.net> wrote in

>> Lightsabre/Rhyme shield on switch for Zeal, or if I find an ethereal
>> Phase Blade, I'll do another OATH in it..
>
> phase blades dont spawn etheral as they are automatically
> indestrucible.... a berserker axe is the best one handed weapon for
> runewords..

grrr. Never noticed that mod on the Phase Blade.. Hmm, don't have an
ethereal Berserker axe, too..

Regards,

Oliver

HI,
> after trying out my new OATH ethereal Feral Axe on my Ranger Pally, I'm
> starting an Zeal/Vengeance Pally with Fana/Conviction auras.
>
> Should reach this skill setup level 60ish, and then there is lots of room
> for adjustments.
>
> Ethereal Feral Axe needs 186 Strength, so HS will have to help with
> blocking, as there aren't too many points for dex left. AR will come from
> swapped in Obedience and Ravenfrost should help, too.
>
> Lightsabre/Rhyme shield on switch for Zeal, or if I find an ethereal Phase
> Blade, I'll do another OATH in it..

if you are getting up to level 23 in Fana then a Ettin Axe or Small
Cresent are oerfect for Oath...
you get max speed without any further ias

i just yesterday build Oath in a eth Ettin Axe and the dam on my level
53 Zealot went up to over 4000 max :)

HAnsi

Hi,

Hansi <h.ruebenkamp@gmx.de> wrote in news:3i73e2Fjr6heU1@individual.net:

>> Ethereal Feral Axe needs 186 Strength, so HS will have to help with
>> blocking, as there aren't too many points for dex left. AR will come
>> from swapped in Obedience and Ravenfrost should help, too.
>>
> if you are getting up to level 23 in Fana then a Ettin Axe or Small
> Cresent are oerfect for Oath...
> you get max speed without any further ias
>
> i just yesterday build Oath in a eth Ettin Axe and the dam on my level
> 53 Zealot went up to over 4000 max :)

got my Pally up to level 57 and enough STR for my OATH axe. At level 15
Zeal with 15 Fana it does about 5.5K max damage at 5.2K AR (after Enchant
from Obedience). He just reached NM Act3..
Leve 15 Fana gives it 4 attacks/second without any more IAS, but that is
also max speed.. But 20K Zeal damage per second isn't that bad, I think..

I have 10 skill points saved up and could max Zeal (level 11). Other
skills are Fana 14, Conv 10 and Vengeance 6 (plus pre-reqs).

Regards,

Oliver