Babala, sensational enduring freeware game, inexplicable

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

What I forgot to add was Yes, there's a Linux version as well.

****************** copy ***************
At http://BABALA.ORG is found a remarkable free game, suited for all ages.
It is fun, challenging, sophisticated and yes even magical. It has a
whopping 125 levels, with 50-75 more in the planning/testing phase. Babala
is a cross between puzzle, strategy and war. You will NOT be disappointed;
that much I do guarantee. Babala has animations, but it is not a test of
reflexes, for there is never a time constraint! You play at your own pace,
matching your wits against the forces that seek to swarm you and slay you.
This is such an easy game to learn that a 7-year old could play it. But you
need mental stamina to get very far in the quest.

Babala has a meaningful scoring system, and the eventual version (in a few
months) will feature Internet high score posting. Already there is a public
FORUM at the site, so come on over and see what all the ruckus is about!

Babala is a mere 450kb download (plus you'll need the free GTK+ package).

It's colorful, it's crafty, it's fun.
There are NO commercial hooks of ANY kind.
You can't go wrong.

Developed by a raving genius Czech national... BABALA.

David

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:05:38 -0400, "Ben Bean"
<kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> typed furiously:

[plonk]
--
David
Remove "farook" to reply

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

David <farookdas@picknowl.com.au> wrote in

> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:05:38 -0400, "Ben Bean"
> <kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> typed furiously:
>
> [plonk]

Here's a clue...grab it quickly.

Nobody cares who you plonk. Plonk everyone for all we care. No need
to tell us about it...unless of course it's an ego thing.

Gotcha, didn't I?

--
Mike
Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human

David wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:05:38 -0400, "Ben Bean"
> <kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> typed furiously:
>
> [plonk]

Just curioius. Why did you killfile the OP? The post was on topic. As
long as somebody doesn't start repeatedly plugging a program, there's
nothing wrong with announcing a new freeware program.

"License
Freeware license agreement
This software is freeware but is not open source."

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls. No adware, cdware, commercial software,

Mel

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

>On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 03:46:32 -0700, John Corliss wrote:

>repeatedly plugging a program

How many times?

Their have been multiple announcements over the last few days.

David

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:40:11 GMT, Mike Andrade <ma@box.invalid> typed
furiously:

>David <farookdas@picknowl.com.au> wrote in
>
>> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:05:38 -0400, "Ben Bean"
>> <kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> typed furiously:
>>
>> [plonk]
>
>Here's a clue...grab it quickly.
>
>Nobody cares who you plonk. Plonk everyone for all we care. No need
>to tell us about it...unless of course it's an ego thing.
>
>Gotcha, didn't I?

I'm not telling you. I'm telling the idiot I plonked.

--

> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:40:11 GMT, Mike Andrade <ma@box.invalid>
> typed furiously:
>
>>David <farookdas@picknowl.com.au> wrote in
>>
>>> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:05:38 -0400, "Ben Bean"
>>> <kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> typed furiously:
>>>
>>> [plonk]
>>
>>Here's a clue...grab it quickly.
>>
>>Nobody cares who you plonk. Plonk everyone for all we care. No
>>need to tell us about it...unless of course it's an ego thing.
>>
>>Gotcha, didn't I?
>
> I'm not telling you. I'm telling the idiot I plonked.

Clue #2: He doesn't care either.

--
Mike
Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help! I'm

David

<jcorliss@fake.invalid> typed furiously:

David wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 03:46:32 -0700, John Corliss
> <jcorliss@fake.invalid> typed furiously:
>

>>David wrote:
>>

>>>On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:05:38 -0400, "Ben Bean"
>>><kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> typed furiously:
>>>
>>>[plonk]
>>
>>Just curioius. Why did you killfile the OP? The post was on topic. As
>>long as somebody doesn't start repeatedly plugging a program, there's
>>nothing wrong with announcing a new freeware program.
>>
>>"License
>>Freeware license agreement
>>This software is freeware but is not open source."
>

> How many times?

Unless I'm missing something, I think he only mentioned it twice in ACF,
and the second time was because he forgot to mention that there is a
Linux port of the program. That's not a big deal.

--

Mike Andrade wrote:
> David <farookdas@picknowl.com.au> wrote in
>
> > On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:05:38 -0400, "Ben Bean"
> > <kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> typed furiously:
> >
> > [plonk]
>
> Here's a clue...grab it quickly.
>
> Nobody cares who you plonk. Plonk everyone for all we care. No need
> to tell us about it...unless of course it's an ego thing.
>
> Gotcha, didn't I?

I agree a 100%. Nothing annoys me more on usenet than those who go
"[plonk]". They're even more annoying than the trolls or spammers.