Babala, sensational enduring freeware game, inexplicable

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

What I forgot to add was Yes, there's a Linux version as well.

****************** copy ***************
At http://BABALA.ORG is found a remarkable free game, suited for all ages.
It is fun, challenging, sophisticated and yes even magical. It has a
whopping 125 levels, with 50-75 more in the planning/testing phase. Babala
is a cross between puzzle, strategy and war. You will NOT be disappointed;
that much I do guarantee. Babala has animations, but it is not a test of
reflexes, for there is never a time constraint! You play at your own pace,
matching your wits against the forces that seek to swarm you and slay you.
This is such an easy game to learn that a 7-year old could play it. But you
need mental stamina to get very far in the quest.

Babala has a meaningful scoring system, and the eventual version (in a few
months) will feature Internet high score posting. Already there is a public
FORUM at the site, so come on over and see what all the ruckus is about!

Babala is a mere 450kb download (plus you'll need the free GTK+ package).

It's colorful, it's crafty, it's fun.
There are NO commercial hooks of ANY kind.
You can't go wrong.

Developed by a raving genius Czech national... BABALA.
9 answers Last reply
More about babala sensational enduring freeware game inexplicable
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:05:38 -0400, "Ben Bean"
    <kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> typed furiously:

    [plonk]
    --
    David
    Remove "farook" to reply

    David <farookdas@picknowl.com.au> wrote in

    > On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:05:38 -0400, "Ben Bean"
    > <kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> typed furiously:
    >
    > [plonk]

    Here's a clue...grab it quickly.

    Nobody cares who you plonk. Plonk everyone for all we care. No need
    to tell us about it...unless of course it's an ego thing.

    Gotcha, didn't I?

    --
    Mike
    Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human

    David wrote:

    > On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:05:38 -0400, "Ben Bean"
    > <kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> typed furiously:
    >
    > [plonk]

    Just curioius. Why did you killfile the OP? The post was on topic. As
    long as somebody doesn't start repeatedly plugging a program, there's
    nothing wrong with announcing a new freeware program.

    "License
    Freeware license agreement
    This software is freeware but is not open source."

    --
    Regards from John Corliss
    I don't reply to trolls. No adware, cdware, commercial software,

    >On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 03:46:32 -0700, John Corliss wrote:

    >repeatedly plugging a program

    How many times?

    Their have been multiple announcements over the last few days.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:40:11 GMT, Mike Andrade <ma@box.invalid> typed
    furiously:

    >David <farookdas@picknowl.com.au> wrote in
    >
    >> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:05:38 -0400, "Ben Bean"
    >> <kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> typed furiously:
    >>
    >> [plonk]
    >
    >Here's a clue...grab it quickly.
    >
    >Nobody cares who you plonk. Plonk everyone for all we care. No need
    >to tell us about it...unless of course it's an ego thing.
    >
    >Gotcha, didn't I?

    I'm not telling you. I'm telling the idiot I plonked.

    --
    David
    Remove "farook" to reply
    At the bottom of the application where it says
    "sign here". I put "Sagittarius"
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    > On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:40:11 GMT, Mike Andrade <ma@box.invalid>
    > typed furiously:
    >
    >>David <farookdas@picknowl.com.au> wrote in
    >>
    >>> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:05:38 -0400, "Ben Bean"
    >>> <kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> typed furiously:
    >>>
    >>> [plonk]
    >>
    >>Here's a clue...grab it quickly.
    >>
    >>Nobody cares who you plonk. Plonk everyone for all we care. No
    >>need to tell us about it...unless of course it's an ego thing.
    >>
    >>Gotcha, didn't I?
    >
    > I'm not telling you. I'm telling the idiot I plonked.

    Clue #2: He doesn't care either.

    --
    Mike
    Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help! I'm

    On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 03:46:32 -0700, John Corliss
    <jcorliss@fake.invalid> typed furiously:

    >David wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:05:38 -0400, "Ben Bean"
    >> <kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> typed furiously:
    >>
    >> [plonk]
    >
    >Just curioius. Why did you killfile the OP? The post was on topic. As
    >long as somebody doesn't start repeatedly plugging a program, there's
    >nothing wrong with announcing a new freeware program.
    >
    >"License
    >Freeware license agreement
    >This software is freeware but is not open source."

    How many times?

    --
    David
    Remove "farook" to reply
    At the bottom of the application where it says
    "sign here". I put "Sagittarius"
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    David wrote:
    > On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 03:46:32 -0700, John Corliss
    > <jcorliss@fake.invalid> typed furiously:
    >

    >>David wrote:
    >>

    >>>On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:05:38 -0400, "Ben Bean"
    >>><kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> typed furiously:
    >>>
    >>>[plonk]
    >>
    >>Just curioius. Why did you killfile the OP? The post was on topic. As
    >>long as somebody doesn't start repeatedly plugging a program, there's
    >>nothing wrong with announcing a new freeware program.
    >>
    >>"License
    >>Freeware license agreement
    >>This software is freeware but is not open source."
    >

    > How many times?

    Unless I'm missing something, I think he only mentioned it twice in ACF,
    and the second time was because he forgot to mention that there is a
    Linux port of the program. That's not a big deal.

    --
    Regards from John Corliss
    I don't reply to trolls. No adware, cdware, commercial software,
    crippleware, demoware, nagware, PROmotionware, shareware, spyware,
    time-limited software, trialware, viruses or warez please.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Mike Andrade wrote:
    > David <farookdas@picknowl.com.au> wrote in
    >
    > > On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:05:38 -0400, "Ben Bean"
    > > <kavs_scrapthis_@sysmatrix.net> typed furiously:
    > >
    > > [plonk]
    >
    > Here's a clue...grab it quickly.
    >
    > Nobody cares who you plonk. Plonk everyone for all we care. No need
    > to tell us about it...unless of course it's an ego thing.
    >
    > Gotcha, didn't I?

    I agree a 100%. Nothing annoys me more on usenet than those who go
    "[plonk]". They're even more annoying than the trolls or spammers.

    > --
    > Mike
    > Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human
    > race. - Albert Einstein

Freeware Games Video Games