Cap for damage reduction?

HI

i am currently playing my longtime parked Zealot again (after i made the
Oath Axe a few days ago)

and i was planning on giving him my Stormshield, currently he is also
wearing a String of Ears and Vamp Gaze...
I remember there was a cap for phys dam reduction (could it be that it
was 50%)
if so wearing all 3 doesn't make sense (except for the other mods of course)

HAnsi

> 50%? I don't think so. (But I could be wrong). Vamp gaze is 10-15% (as is
> Crown of Ages) and Rockstopper is 10% (as is the Harley Crest). AFAIK those
> are the only hats that have DR%. Some have a "Damage reduced by 7" or
> somesuch but not %ages.

Not that kind of cap. Cap as in maximum.

Ian

Hansi wrote:
> I remember there was a cap for phys dam reduction (could it be that it
> was 50%)

That's right.

HI Ian :)

thanks for clearing that one up :)

~misfit~ wrote:
> Ian Oversby wrote:
>
>>>50%? I don't think so. (But I could be wrong). Vamp gaze is 10-15%
>>>(as is Crown of Ages) and Rockstopper is 10% (as is the Harley
>>>Crest). AFAIK those are the only hats that have DR%. Some have a
>>>"Damage reduced by 7" or somesuch but not %ages.
>>
>>Not that kind of cap. Cap as in maximum.
>

> Ok. 50%.
>
> The wording was a little ambigous in your post. I read it wrong. "It is
> capped at...." rather than "There is a cap...." leaves no room for confusion
> and may have been better.
>
> --
> ~misfit~

ia am sorry for the confusion i caused, but i am no native speaker, so
that may be the cause for those little slip-ups :)

HAnsi