Value Questions

On USEast, SC Ladder, Expansion, what do you suppose are the values of:

Que-Hegan's Wisdom?

Rattlecage?

Cloudcrack?

Cliffkiller?

Demon Limb?

String of Ears?

Jalal's Mane?

I'm angling for some Ists... Is there hope?

On a tangent to this, I had someone willing to trade a full Natalya's set
for a Spirit Monarch (and I had a fresh Monarch to make a new one), but I
didn't think it worth it at the time, and wasn't willing to risk it before
checking. When I declined that, I was offered the Natalya's for my Spirit
Long Sword! Well, I would have done that, but I realized that I only had
one socket quest reward available, and I had yet to socket the pretty white
Monarch I had found for my second Spirit shield. Plus, the only elite white
swords I had were a Phase Blade (Larzuk would add 6 sockets, so no Spirit),
and an ethereal Rune Sword, which I suppose could have worked, since my Sorc
is non-melee. Alternatively, I could have tried the Cube recipe for sockets
on the Phase Blade, and risk some useless number of sockets. Well, I really
had no need for Natalya's, anyway, so I don't feel it was a loss, but it
Spirit really worth that much? It takes such low runes to make one...

Brian Kastel wrote:
> On USEast, SC Ladder, Expansion, what do you suppose are the values of:
> I'm angling for some Ists... Is there hope?

Not sure about your realm, but on WHCL, I'm sorry to say you wouldn't
come close to an Ist.

<snip Spirit>

Not sure why you want to make Spirit in an elite sword. Not many people
use them for actual melee, or do they? If you don't use it for melee
then using an elite sword just ups the lvl and str reqs.

"Brian Kastel" <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com> wrote
in message news:YADve.122015$VH2.37794@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> On USEast, SC Ladder, Expansion, what do you suppose are the values of:
>
> Que-Hegan's Wisdom?
>
> Rattlecage?
>
> Cloudcrack?
>
> Cliffkiller?
>
> Demon Limb?
>
> String of Ears?
>
> Jalal's Mane?
>

> I'm angling for some Ists... Is there hope?
>
> On a tangent to this, I had someone willing to trade a full Natalya's set
> for a Spirit Monarch (and I had a fresh Monarch to make a new one), but I
> didn't think it worth it at the time, and wasn't willing to risk it before
> checking. When I declined that, I was offered the Natalya's for my Spirit
> Long Sword! Well, I would have done that, but I realized that I only had
> one socket quest reward available, and I had yet to socket the pretty
white
> Monarch I had found for my second Spirit shield. Plus, the only elite
white
> swords I had were a Phase Blade (Larzuk would add 6 sockets, so no
Spirit),
> and an ethereal Rune Sword, which I suppose could have worked, since my
Sorc
> is non-melee. Alternatively, I could have tried the Cube recipe for
sockets
> on the Phase Blade, and risk some useless number of sockets. Well, I
really
> had no need for Natalya's, anyway, so I don't feel it was a loss, but it
> Spirit really worth that much? It takes such low runes to make one...

For the sword it is a matter of people not being patient enough to find 4
socket swords. For the monarch, I found dozens of 4 socket pally shields
before I found a monarch to socket. If someone doesn't play assassins at all
they might value nats set as low as that.

I found all of nats set early on the ladder, except for the claw. I found my
first white monarch just a month or so ago.

"john graesser" wrote...

> [snip]
>
> I found all of nats set early on the ladder, except for the claw. I found
> my
> first white monarch just a month or so ago.

Wow... Did I make a mistake creating a second Spirit shield with the one
white Monarch I found?

Would that shield be worth more than the Que-Hegan's I found?

"chaliban" wrote...
> [snip]
>
> Not sure why you want to make Spirit in an elite sword. Not many people
> use them for actual melee, or do they? If you don't use it for melee
> then using an elite sword just ups the lvl and str reqs.

Well, I don't, actually, but you never know if in a pinch it might come in
handy to actually do some damage.

"Brian Kastel" <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com> wrote
in message news:nIkwe.169300$IO.123446@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

> "john graesser" wrote...
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > I found all of nats set early on the ladder, except for the claw. I
found
> > my
> > first white monarch just a month or so ago.
> >

> Wow... Did I make a mistake creating a second Spirit shield with the one
> white Monarch I found?
>
> Would that shield be worth more than the Que-Hegan's I found?

I don't know if my experiance is the same as yours, but on ladder I have
found more que-hagens than white monarchs. I think I have two que's right
now, but still only one monarch.

You might take my finds with the caveat that I have yet to find a rune
better than a mal from a nonhellforge drop in hell, so my choice of areas
to search may not be the best. I don't do meph or baal runs all day long,
most of my time is spent running Shenk, eldrich, pindle and the ancients
way, and even those are mostly with my summoning necro. My other chars
mostly spend time in act 1 when I just want to take them out and kill
things, act 5 hell I have to pay attention to what I am doing or I die.

That being said, I also used my monarch for a spirit, the runes are cheap
enough that I can afford to clean them out if I ever get good runes to put
in there, and it a good match for my hammerdin till I find a hoz.

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 19:44:56 GMT, "Brian Kastel"
<be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

>On USEast, SC Ladder, Expansion, what do you suppose are the values of:
>
>Que-Hegan's Wisdom?
>
>Rattlecage?
>
>Cloudcrack?
>
>Cliffkiller?
>
>Demon Limb?
>
>String of Ears?
>
>Jalal's Mane?

Speaking from a USWest SC POV...

Demon Limb -> Lem?
String of Ears -> Ko?
Jalal's Mane -> Pul?

The rest would depend on how much the buyer really wanted one... I
don't see them as being popular items. I think you'd be lucky to get
an Um for all of those.

>I'm angling for some Ists... Is there hope?

Even one Ist might be a long shot.

?
>On a tangent to this, I had someone willing to trade a full Natalya's set
>for a Spirit Monarch (and I had a fresh Monarch to make a new one), but I
>didn't think it worth it at the time, and wasn't willing to risk it before
>checking. When I declined that, I was offered the Natalya's for my Spirit
>Long Sword! Well, I would have done that, but I realized that I only had
>one socket quest reward available, and I had yet to socket the pretty white
>Monarch I had found for my second Spirit shield. Plus, the only elite white
>swords I had were a Phase Blade (Larzuk would add 6 sockets, so no Spirit),
>and an ethereal Rune Sword, which I suppose could have worked, since my Sorc
>is non-melee. Alternatively, I could have tried the Cube recipe for sockets
>on the Phase Blade, and risk some useless number of sockets. Well, I really
>had no need for Natalya's, anyway, so I don't feel it was a loss, but it
>Spirit really worth that much? It takes such low runes to make one...

I would definitely have traded the Spirit Long Sword for Nat's set.

A Spirit Monarch would probably be close in trade value. 4 socket
Monarchs can go for up to a Pul on USWest SC. One with Spirit perhaps
a bit more...

- Samiel

"Samiel" wrote...

> Speaking from a USWest SC POV...
>
> Demon Limb -> Lem?
> String of Ears -> Ko?
> Jalal's Mane -> Pul?
>
> The rest would depend on how much the buyer really wanted one... I
> don't see them as being popular items. I think you'd be lucky to get
> an Um for all of those.

Okay, then are there any takers for Demon Limb for a Lem on USESCL? String
of Ears for a Ko? Anyone who takes both (thus giving me the runes I need to
upgrade my Vipermagi) will be given any one of the other uniques for free.
:)

TIA

"Brian Kastel" <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com> wrote
in message news:YADve.122015$VH2.37794@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> On USEast, SC Ladder, Expansion, what do you suppose are the values of:
>
> Que-Hegan's Wisdom?
>
> Rattlecage?
>
> Cloudcrack?
>
> Cliffkiller?
>
> Demon Limb?
>
> String of Ears?
>
> Jalal's Mane?
>

> I'm angling for some Ists... Is there hope?
>
> On a tangent to this, I had someone willing to trade a full Natalya's set
> for a Spirit Monarch (and I had a fresh Monarch to make a new one), but I
> didn't think it worth it at the time, and wasn't willing to risk it before
> checking. When I declined that, I was offered the Natalya's for my Spirit
> Long Sword! Well, I would have done that, but I realized that I only had
> one socket quest reward available, and I had yet to socket the pretty
white
> Monarch I had found for my second Spirit shield. Plus, the only elite
white
> swords I had were a Phase Blade (Larzuk would add 6 sockets, so no
Spirit),
> and an ethereal Rune Sword, which I suppose could have worked, since my
Sorc
> is non-melee. Alternatively, I could have tried the Cube recipe for
sockets
> on the Phase Blade, and risk some useless number of sockets. Well, I
really
> had no need for Natalya's, anyway, so I don't feel it was a loss, but it
> Spirit really worth that much? It takes such low runes to make one...

Hey, ists are lowering in price weekly by little increments. now an ist is
worth a soj. those items by themselves wont get an ist, might want to think
about offering more than 1.

-Vorp

"chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> john graesser wrote:
> > "Brian Kastel" <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com>
wrote
> > in message news:nIkwe.169300$IO.123446@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> > >
> > > "john graesser" wrote...
> > > >
> <snip>
> > That being said, I also used my monarch for a spirit, the runes are
cheap
> > enough that I can afford to clean them out if I ever get good runes to
put
> > in there, and it a good match for my hammerdin till I find a hoz.
>
> Not sure if you thought of this but a Spirit in a Pally shield would
> probably be better, considering you get the inherent resists. Just a
> thought.

My tesladin is using my pally shield spirit, the hammerdin just happened to
have the strength to use the monarch and I didn't have another shield any
better at the time. The hammerdin is just using it till another char needs
it. Thats the good thing about the monarch, any char can use it as long as
they can scrape up the strength.

"Vorp" wrote...

> Hey, ists are lowering in price weekly by little increments. now an ist is
> worth a soj. those items by themselves wont get an ist, might want to
> think
> about offering more than 1.

I'll take a Ko and Lem for any 3 of the following:

Que-Hegan's Wisdom
Rattlecage
Cloudcrack
Cliffkiller