Final skills for Zealot?

Hi,

my Zealot is level 73 now and has his main skills maxed:

Zeal 20
Fana 20
Conv 10
Veng 6
HS 6

With +skills, that's level 27 Fana, 25 Zeal and (pre-buffed) level 18 HS.
Zeal with Fana gets me the full 4fpa attack..
Some more dex will give max blocking, too.

Where to put the next 20 skill points? I could put 10 in two resistances,
getting me higher resistances and more Vengeance power. With the belt that
gives +res to Lightning and 10 in cold/fire, I'd have 80/80/85/75 res
easily..

Or 19 points into Sacrifice for 240% more Zeal damage?

Torn between two lovers..

Regards,

Oliver

Oliver Wenzel schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> my Zealot is level 73 now and has his main skills maxed:
>
> Zeal 20
> Fana 20
> Conv 10
> Veng 6
> HS 6
>
> With +skills, that's level 27 Fana, 25 Zeal and (pre-buffed) level 18 HS.
> Zeal with Fana gets me the full 4fpa attack..
> Some more dex will give max blocking, too.
>
> Where to put the next 20 skill points? I could put 10 in two resistances,
> getting me higher resistances and more Vengeance power. With the belt that
> gives +res to Lightning and 10 in cold/fire, I'd have 80/80/85/75 res
> easily..
>
> Or 19 points into Sacrifice for 240% more Zeal damage?

In terms of damage output over time, it could make more sense to place
the remaining points in HS. Higher HS = higher defense = taking fewer
hits = less time spend in hit recovery = higher damage output over time.
So how high is your defense right now?

---
Hannes

Myself i'd put points into HS... Mine has Max HS, Fana, Zeal. Can't remember
what other points were in. He's level 84.

"Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> my Zealot is level 73 now and has his main skills maxed:
>
> Zeal 20
> Fana 20
> Conv 10
> Veng 6
> HS 6
>
> With +skills, that's level 27 Fana, 25 Zeal and (pre-buffed) level 18 HS.
> Zeal with Fana gets me the full 4fpa attack..
> Some more dex will give max blocking, too.
>
> Where to put the next 20 skill points? I could put 10 in two resistances,
> getting me higher resistances and more Vengeance power. With the belt
> that
> gives +res to Lightning and 10 in cold/fire, I'd have 80/80/85/75 res
> easily..
>
> Or 19 points into Sacrifice for 240% more Zeal damage?
>
> Torn between two lovers..
>
> Regards,
>
> Oliver

Hi,

Hannes Brunner <bruhan12@web.de> wrote in

> Oliver Wenzel schrieb:
>>
>> Where to put the next 20 skill points? I could put 10 in two
>> resistances, getting me higher resistances and more Vengeance power.
>> With the belt that gives +res to Lightning and 10 in cold/fire, I'd
>> have 80/80/85/75 res easily..
>>
>> Or 19 points into Sacrifice for 240% more Zeal damage?
>
> In terms of damage output over time, it could make more sense to place
> the remaining points in HS. Higher HS = higher defense = taking fewer
> hits = less time spend in hit recovery = higher damage output over
> time. So how high is your defense right now?

I have calculated it through - in fighting gear I can cast a level 15 HS
with base defense 2073 giving 6944 defense with HS (235%). With 5 more
+skills level 20 HS gives 8.5K defense.

Now I look at the chance to hit formula (skipping the char level part)
and at some Hell Act5 monsters. These have around 6K AR (Hell Ancients
have 8K):

6K AR * 100 / (6K AR + 8.5K Def) = 41.3% chance to hit

With max HS and +8 from gear level 28 HS gets me 10986 defense:

6K * 100 / (6K + 11K) = 35,2%

If I add 500 to my base def and lvl 20 HS I have 4*2500= 10K def.

6K * 100 / (6K + 10K) = 37,5%

Max block will already prevent 75% of all attacks, right? So from 100
attacks only 25 get through. 30% ctH means 7.5 attacks get through or 10
attacks with 40% ctH? Not much of a difference, I think..?? And when do you
have 100 attacks at the same time?

So the question is more attack power (Sacrifice) or more resists?

Regards,

Oliver

(snip)

> 30% ctH means 7.5 attacks get through or 10
> attacks with 40% ctH? Not much of a difference, I think..??

What kills you is the damage you get, not the damage you block or defend
away.
So you should keep in mind that 10 vs 7.5 means that you take 25% less
damage in battle. Other chars would pay a lot for a built in 25%DR :)

Rudi

Hi,

"Falko Rudolph" <falkorudolph@gmx.de> wrote in

> (snip)
>
>> 30% ctH means 7.5 attacks get through or 10
>> attacks with 40% ctH? Not much of a difference, I think..??
>
> What kills you is the damage you get, not the damage you block or
> defend away.
> So you should keep in mind that 10 vs 7.5 means that you take 25% less
> damage in battle. Other chars would pay a lot for a built in 25%DR :)

nobody kills him so far, except those darn Wraiths. Vengeance takes then
down nicely, but extra-fast, mighted boss packs just are too much..

Anyhow, he's just entered Hell Act2 and most areas in Act1 have been
doable at /players 3. Level 78 and close to 79..

But I might switch to Shaftstop/String of Ears later on. 40% damage
reduction means 40% more life, I think. And SoE would up life leech to
about 25%..

Regards,

Oliver