Lots of SoJs being sold NOW on 213.248.106.201

Last response: in Video Games
June 28, 2005 10:07:03 PM

Someone is trying to start a Clone-D spawn on server .201 (213.248.106.201)
7 SoJ sales & counting but Im in normal and not able to join Hell right now
:¬/

G'luck ppl :¬)

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)

"Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message
> Someone is trying to start a Clone-D spawn on server .201
(213.248.106.201)
> 7 SoJ sales & counting but Im in normal and not able to join Hell right
now
> :¬/
>
> G'luck ppl :¬)
>
> --
> Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
> (Please reply to group only)

Bah!!! I reconnected loads to get a .201 server in a hell game... and now
there's no messages :¬/
I musta been too slow to find one :¬/

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 2:28:49 AM

"Trammel" <Me@Server.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message
>> Someone is trying to start a Clone-D spawn on server .201
> (213.248.106.201)
>> 7 SoJ sales & counting but Im in normal and not able to join Hell right
> now
>> :¬/
>>
>> G'luck ppl :¬)
>>
>> --
>> Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
>> (Please reply to group only)
>>

> Bah!!! I reconnected loads to get a .201 server in a hell game... and now
> there's no messages :¬/
> I musta been too slow to find one :¬/
>
> --
> Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
> (Please reply to group only)

Can you please explain all this, how does it works?

Thomas
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 2:28:50 AM

http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php#soj-msg

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 2:46:11 AM

"Trammel" <Me@Server.com> skrev i en meddelelse
news:o Aiwe.9413$G2.3273@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> "Thomas (6100)" <hvaselineXXX@webspeed.dk> wrote in message
>>
>> "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>> > "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message
>> > (213.248.106.201)
>> > now

>> > Bah!!! I reconnected loads to get a .201 server in a hell game... and
> now
>> > there's no messages :¬/
>> > I musta been too slow to find one :¬/
>> >
>> > --
>> > Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
>> > (Please reply to group only)
>> >

>> Can you please explain all this, how does it works?
>
> http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php#soj-msg
>
> --
> Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
> (Please reply to group only)

I know that :)

But from where do you get the server .201?? And from where 7 SOJ and
counting where do you get these informations?

Thomas
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 3:11:12 AM

Thomas (6100) wrote:
> But from where do you get the server .201??

Open a Dos box and type:
netstat -n|find "4000"

> And from where 7 SOJ and
> counting where do you get these informations?

Trammel said he was in a normal game and saw the soj message. Every game on
the same IP gets the same message, so you have to find a game on the right
server by creating a massive amount of games within short time which again
might get you temporarily banned ("tagged") if you are not careful.

--
AGD2 FAQ: http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php
Anonymous

"Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message
> Thomas (6100) wrote:
>> But from where do you get the server .201??
>
> Open a Dos box and type:
> netstat -n|find "4000"
>
>> And from where 7 SOJ and
>> counting where do you get these informations?
>
> Trammel said he was in a normal game and saw the soj message. Every game
> on
> the same IP gets the same message, so you have to find a game on the right
> server by creating a massive amount of games within short time which again
> might get you temporarily banned ("tagged") if you are not careful.
>
> --
> AGD2 FAQ: http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php

You know, neither one of you are providing the information that will answer
the real question: how does one get from here to THERE? The FAQ contains
exactly one paragraph explaining the concept. The Official Site states, "It
remains a mystery to some. Others have figured it out." This tells us that
there is a solution.

I recently found a command to enter in-game that displays one's computer's
IP address information in the upper left corner of the screen. This
information would be helpful, I am sure.

I suppose it would be nice if the elite were to spell it out for the
less-perspicacious.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 3:11:14 AM

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:28:45 -0400, Brian Kastel
<be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

<shnip>

> I recently found a command to enter in-game that displays one's
> computer's
> IP address information in the upper left corner of the screen. This
> information would be helpful, I am sure.

So what is it?

> I suppose it would be nice if the elite were to spell it out for the
> less-perspicacious.

"perspicacious"?? what the hell...

http://tinyurl.com/8m5vz

--
They're the wrong trousers Gromit!
And they've gone wrong!

The time that i actually had the clone appear i was in a p/w game..I
contacted Custards and told him about the msg "Diablo Walks the Earth". He
came to my game and we went about hunting him down. Cold Plains i believe is
where he was. 1st and only time i've seen Uber Diablo... But it was an
experience. I'm making a WW/Con Barb. IK set and hopefully he'll come into
my game again...

--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

"Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message
> Someone is trying to start a Clone-D spawn on server .201
> (213.248.106.201)
> 7 SoJ sales & counting but Im in normal and not able to join Hell right
> now
> :¬/
>
> G'luck ppl :¬)
>
> --
> Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
> (Please reply to group only)

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 7:22:14 AM

"freemont" wrote...
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:28:45 -0400, Brian Kastel
> <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
> <shnip>
>
>> I recently found a command to enter in-game that displays one's
>> computer's
>> IP address information in the upper left corner of the screen. This
>> information would be helpful, I am sure.
>
> So what is it?
>
> [snip]

I was incorrect. The command to which I was referring is /framerate, which
has a lot of numeric information that I wrongly remembered as containing IP
information.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 12:30:01 PM

Brian Kastel wrote:
> "Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message
> > Thomas (6100) wrote:
> > > But from where do you get the server .201??
> >
> > Open a Dos box and type:
> > netstat -n|find "4000"
> >
> > > And from where 7 SOJ and
> > > counting where do you get these informations?
> >
> > Trammel said he was in a normal game and saw the soj message. Every
> > game on
> > the same IP gets the same message, so you have to find a game on
> > the right server by creating a massive amount of games within short
> > time which again might get you temporarily banned ("tagged") if you
> > are not careful.
>
> You know, neither one of you are providing the information that will
> answer the real question: how does one get from here to THERE? The
> FAQ contains exactly one paragraph explaining the concept. The
> Official Site states, "It remains a mystery to some. Others have
> figured it out." This tells us that there is a solution.

Umm, yes. You even quoted the solution I wrote before. You have to create a
game and then check the IP with the command in the Dos box. If it is not on
the right IP you have to leave and create the next one.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 1:32:51 PM

"Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> skrev i en meddelelse
> Thomas (6100) wrote:
> > But from where do you get the server .201??
>
> Open a Dos box and type:
> netstat -n|find "4000"

Does this mean you will have to have a server with 4000 in the end?

As I understand it:

1) Greate a game
2) Open dos box, type netstat -n, then i get fx. 4 adresses, where the
buttom one ends with 213.248.106.56.4000, am I on
213.248.106.56.4000 server?

But how will I know if I'm in the right game? Do I stay in game for a few
sec? Will msg "SOJs being sold" show immediately if
its the right game?

Please explain.

Regards

Thomas - Who never met DC and therefor asking so many questions
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 1:32:52 PM

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 03:32:51 -0400, Thomas (6100)
<hvaselineXXX@webspeed.dk> wrote:

<shnip>

> 1) Greate a game
> 2) Open dos box, type netstat -n, then i get fx. 4 adresses, where the
> buttom one ends with 213.248.106.56.4000, am I on
> 213.248.106.56.4000 server?

Your game is on 213.248.106.56, yes.

> But how will I know if I'm in the right game?

Your game IP matches the one you were told about.

> Do I stay in game for a few sec?

Yeah, wait around as long as it takes.

> Will msg "SOJs being sold" show immediately if it's the right game?

It might show immediately, it might show after an hour...

> Please explain.

If someone says they've seen SOJ messages, and they tell you the IP
address of the server they were logged in to when they saw them (just like
Trammel did), then you can keep creating new games and checking the IP
address via netstat until it matches the one you heard about. Once you're
in a game that's hosted on that server, you should eventually see the SOJ
messages, and then it's a matter of time. You can use the rubber band
trick and check back in the morning if you don't wanna play while you
wait- in the morning hit "M" to display the message log and look for
"Diablo walks the earth". And it has to be a hell game for the clone to
show.

--
They're the wrong trousers Gromit!
And they've gone wrong!
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
ICQ:239019703
June 29, 2005 7:06:10 PM

I've been out of D2 now for a few years so I guess I'm totally lost
with what you're talking about. Are these Blizzard servers? Is this
a hack for the emulators? What's this about Diablo walking the
earth? I gather this must be some sort of enhancement on non-Blizz
servers (unless they've added to the game since 1.10). What's all
this 'free SOJ' stuff? Is it just a person yelling it (in which case
we've heard THAT 10000 times) or is something about the game
generating SOJs? You get an SOJ when you kill this Uber Diablo?

- Totally Lost

"Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> The time that i actually had the clone appear i was in a p/w game..I
> contacted Custards and told him about the msg "Diablo Walks the Earth". He
> came to my game and we went about hunting him down. Cold Plains i believe
> is where he was. 1st and only time i've seen Uber Diablo... But it was an
> experience. I'm making a WW/Con Barb. IK set and hopefully he'll come into
> my game again...
>

> --
> Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.
>

> "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message
>> Someone is trying to start a Clone-D spawn on server .201
>> (213.248.106.201)
>> 7 SoJ sales & counting but Im in normal and not able to join Hell right
>> now
>> :¬/
>>
>> G'luck ppl :¬)
>>
>> --
>> Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
>> (Please reply to group only)

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 7:29:18 PM

"freemont" <yabba@dabba.doo> skrev i en meddelelse
news:o p.ss4ur7rbnqnqz9@localhost...
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 03:32:51 -0400, Thomas (6100)
> <hvaselineXXX@webspeed.dk> wrote:
>
> <shnip>
>
> > 1) Greate a game
> > 2) Open dos box, type netstat -n, then i get fx. 4 adresses, where the
> > buttom one ends with 213.248.106.56.4000, am I on
> > 213.248.106.56.4000 server?
>
> Your game is on 213.248.106.56, yes.
>
> > But how will I know if I'm in the right game?
>
> Your game IP matches the one you were told about.
>
> > Do I stay in game for a few sec?
>
> Yeah, wait around as long as it takes.
>
> > Will msg "SOJs being sold" show immediately if it's the right game?
>
> It might show immediately, it might show after an hour...
>
> > Please explain.
>
> If someone says they've seen SOJ messages, and they tell you the IP
> address of the server they were logged in to when they saw them (just like
> Trammel did), then you can keep creating new games and checking the IP
> address via netstat until it matches the one you heard about. Once you're
> in a game that's hosted on that server, you should eventually see the SOJ
> messages, and then it's a matter of time. You can use the rubber band
> trick and check back in the morning if you don't wanna play while you
> wait- in the morning hit "M" to display the message log and look for
> "Diablo walks the earth". And it has to be a hell game for the clone to
> show.
>
> --
> They're the wrong trousers Gromit!
> And they've gone wrong!
> ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
> ICQ:239019703

Thank you.

Is there anywhere you can see the counts on different ip addresses?

Thomas
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 7:42:53 PM

"Thomas (6100)" <hvaselineXXX@webspeed.dk> wrote in message

[SNIPAGE!!!!]

> Is there anywhere you can see the counts on different ip addresses?

Not unless your a member of some sort of group/clan that monitors SoJ
messages, etc too.

Only way you have of knowing the IPs SoJs are being sold on is if someone
tells you or you see them. There is no website you can see current values
and last sale date/times on.

I believe there are IRC servers, forums, etc where people report seeing SoJ
sales but I dont know any... try googling (www.google.com) ;¬)

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 11:21:50 PM

RobR wrote:
> I've been out of D2 now for a few years so I guess I'm totally lost
> with what you're talking about. Are these Blizzard servers?

Yes, closed battlenet. I think there are mods though that allow the World
Event to happen in single player mode too.

> Is this
> a hack for the emulators? What's this about Diablo walking the
> earth? I gather this must be some sort of enhancement on non-Blizz
> servers (unless they've added to the game since 1.10).

The World Event came with 1.10.

> What's all this 'free SOJ' stuff? Is it just a person
> yelling it (in which case we've heard THAT 10000 times)
> or is something about the game generating SOJs?
> You get an SOJ when you kill this Uber Diablo?

This should answer most of your questions:
http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php#soj-msg
Oh, and the Sojs cannot be bought back from the NPCs.
June 30, 2005 9:45:36 PM

OOHHHHH!!!!! So the idea was to get rid of all
the excess SOJs by using them to trigger somethine cool.
I can actually understand Blizz trying to do that, on a
closed realm though, I guess I really don't see the point
since everyone can just hack their character anyway.

> RobR wrote:
>> I've been out of D2 now for a few years so I guess I'm totally lost
>> with what you're talking about. Are these Blizzard servers?
>
> Yes, closed battlenet. I think there are mods though that allow the World
> Event to happen in single player mode too.
>
>> Is this
>> a hack for the emulators? What's this about Diablo walking the
>> earth? I gather this must be some sort of enhancement on non-Blizz
>> servers (unless they've added to the game since 1.10).
>
> The World Event came with 1.10.
>
>> What's all this 'free SOJ' stuff? Is it just a person
>> yelling it (in which case we've heard THAT 10000 times)
>> or is something about the game generating SOJs?
>> You get an SOJ when you kill this Uber Diablo?
>
> This should answer most of your questions:
> http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php#soj-msg
> Oh, and the Sojs cannot be bought back from the NPCs.

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 9:15:24 AM

freemont wrote:
-snip-

> "perspicacious"?? what the hell...

Main Entry: per·spi·ca·cious
Pronunciation: "p&r-sp&-'kA-sh&s
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin perspicac-, perspicax, from perspicere
: of acute mental vision or discernment : KEEN
synonym see SHREWD
- per·spi·ca·cious·ly adverb
- per·spi·ca·cious·ness noun
- per·spi·cac·i·ty /-'ka-s&-tE/ noun

thats the best i got from webster's online so its something like
shrewd, lest perspimuthinggie would mean less shrewd or dumber...
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 5:29:05 PM

"GrimBold" <grimbold.UC@gmail.com> wrote in message

> freemont wrote:
> -snip-
> >
> > "perspicacious"?? what the hell...
> >

> Main Entry: per·spi·ca·cious
> Pronunciation: "p&r-sp&-'kA-sh&s
> Function: adjective
> Etymology: Latin perspicac-, perspicax, from perspicere
> : of acute mental vision or discernment : KEEN
> synonym see SHREWD
> - per·spi·ca·cious·ly adverb
> - per·spi·ca·cious·ness noun
> - per·spi·cac·i·ty /-'ka-s&-tE/ noun
>
> thats the best i got from webster's online so its something like
> shrewd, lest perspimuthinggie would mean less shrewd or dumber...

Perspicacious implies unusual power to see through and understand what is
puzzling or hidden <a perspicacious counsellor saw through the child's
facade>. So basically an innate ability to change your perspective of
something and see it in a different way, therefore understanding the hidden
& complex ;)

--
!