Lots of SoJs being sold NOW on 213.248.106.201

Someone is trying to start a Clone-D spawn on server .201 (213.248.106.201)
7 SoJ sales & counting but Im in normal and not able to join Hell right now
:¬/

G'luck ppl :¬)

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)

    "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message
    > Someone is trying to start a Clone-D spawn on server .201
    (213.248.106.201)
    > 7 SoJ sales & counting but Im in normal and not able to join Hell right
    now
    > :¬/
    >
    > G'luck ppl :¬)
    >
    > --
    > Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
    > (Please reply to group only)

    Bah!!! I reconnected loads to get a .201 server in a hell game... and now
    there's no messages :¬/
    I musta been too slow to find one :¬/

    --

    "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> skrev i en meddelelse
    > "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message
    >> Someone is trying to start a Clone-D spawn on server .201
    > (213.248.106.201)
    >> 7 SoJ sales & counting but Im in normal and not able to join Hell right
    > now
    >> :¬/
    >>
    >> G'luck ppl :¬)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
    >> (Please reply to group only)
    >>

    > Bah!!! I reconnected loads to get a .201 server in a hell game... and now
    > there's no messages :¬/
    > I musta been too slow to find one :¬/
    >
    > --
    > Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
    > (Please reply to group only)

    Can you please explain all this, how does it works?

    Thomas

    http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php#soj-msg

    --

    > "Thomas (6100)" <hvaselineXXX@webspeed.dk> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> skrev i en meddelelse
    >> > "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message
    >> > (213.248.106.201)
    >> > now

    >> > Bah!!! I reconnected loads to get a .201 server in a hell game... and
    > now
    >> > there's no messages :¬/
    >> > I musta been too slow to find one :¬/
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
    >> > (Please reply to group only)
    >> >

    >> Can you please explain all this, how does it works?
    >
    > http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php#soj-msg
    >
    > --
    > Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
    > (Please reply to group only)

    I know that :)

    But from where do you get the server .201?? And from where 7 SOJ and
    counting where do you get these informations?

    Thomas

    Thomas (6100) wrote:
    > But from where do you get the server .201??

    Open a Dos box and type:
    netstat -n|find "4000"

    > And from where 7 SOJ and
    > counting where do you get these informations?

    Trammel said he was in a normal game and saw the soj message. Every game on
    the same IP gets the same message, so you have to find a game on the right
    server by creating a massive amount of games within short time which again
    might get you temporarily banned ("tagged") if you are not careful.

    --
    AGD2 FAQ: http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php

    "Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message
    > Thomas (6100) wrote:
    >> But from where do you get the server .201??
    >
    > Open a Dos box and type:
    > netstat -n|find "4000"
    >
    >> And from where 7 SOJ and
    >> counting where do you get these informations?
    >
    > Trammel said he was in a normal game and saw the soj message. Every game
    > on
    > the same IP gets the same message, so you have to find a game on the right
    > server by creating a massive amount of games within short time which again
    > might get you temporarily banned ("tagged") if you are not careful.
    >
    > --
    > AGD2 FAQ: http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php

    You know, neither one of you are providing the information that will answer
    the real question: how does one get from here to THERE? The FAQ contains
    exactly one paragraph explaining the concept. The Official Site states, "It
    remains a mystery to some. Others have figured it out." This tells us that
    there is a solution.

    I recently found a command to enter in-game that displays one's computer's
    IP address information in the upper left corner of the screen. This
    information would be helpful, I am sure.

    I suppose it would be nice if the elite were to spell it out for the
    less-perspicacious.

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:28:45 -0400, Brian Kastel
    <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

    <shnip>

    > I recently found a command to enter in-game that displays one's
    > computer's
    > IP address information in the upper left corner of the screen. This
    > information would be helpful, I am sure.

    So what is it?

    > I suppose it would be nice if the elite were to spell it out for the
    > less-perspicacious.

    "perspicacious"?? what the hell...

    http://tinyurl.com/8m5vz

    --
    They're the wrong trousers Gromit!
    And they've gone wrong!

    The time that i actually had the clone appear i was in a p/w game..I
    contacted Custards and told him about the msg "Diablo Walks the Earth". He
    came to my game and we went about hunting him down. Cold Plains i believe is
    where he was. 1st and only time i've seen Uber Diablo... But it was an
    experience. I'm making a WW/Con Barb. IK set and hopefully he'll come into
    my game again...

    --
    Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

    "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in message
    > Someone is trying to start a Clone-D spawn on server .201
    > (213.248.106.201)
    > 7 SoJ sales & counting but Im in normal and not able to join Hell right
    > now
    > :¬/
    >
    > G'luck ppl :¬)
    >
    > --
    > Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
    > (Please reply to group only)

    "freemont" wrote...
    > On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:28:45 -0400, Brian Kastel
    > <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    > <shnip>
    >
    >> I recently found a command to enter in-game that displays one's
    >> computer's
    >> IP address information in the upper left corner of the screen. This
    >> information would be helpful, I am sure.
    >
    > So what is it?
    >
    > [snip]

    I was incorrect. The command to which I was referring is /framerate, which
    has a lot of numeric information that I wrongly remembered as containing IP
    information.

    Brian Kastel wrote:
    > "Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message
    > > Thomas (6100) wrote:
    > > > But from where do you get the server .201??
    > >
    > > Open a Dos box and type:
    > > netstat -n|find "4000"
    > >
    > > > And from where 7 SOJ and
    > > > counting where do you get these informations?
    > >
    > > Trammel said he was in a normal game and saw the soj message. Every
    > > game on
    > > the same IP gets the same message, so you have to find a game on
    > > the right server by creating a massive amount of games within short
    > > time which again might get you temporarily banned ("tagged") if you
    > > are not careful.
    >
    > You know, neither one of you are providing the information that will
    > answer the real question: how does one get from here to THERE? The
    > FAQ contains exactly one paragraph explaining the concept. The
    > Official Site states, "It remains a mystery to some. Others have
    > figured it out." This tells us that there is a solution.

    Umm, yes. You even quoted the solution I wrote before. You have to create a
    game and then check the IP with the command in the Dos box. If it is not on
    the right IP you have to leave and create the next one.

    "Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Thomas (6100) wrote:
    > > But from where do you get the server .201??
    >
    > Open a Dos box and type:
    > netstat -n|find "4000"

    Does this mean you will have to have a server with 4000 in the end?

    As I understand it:

    1) Greate a game
    2) Open dos box, type netstat -n, then i get fx. 4 adresses, where the
    buttom one ends with 213.248.106.56.4000, am I on
    213.248.106.56.4000 server?

    But how will I know if I'm in the right game? Do I stay in game for a few
    sec? Will msg "SOJs being sold" show immediately if
    its the right game?

    Please explain.

    Regards

    Thomas - Who never met DC and therefor asking so many questions

    On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 03:32:51 -0400, Thomas (6100)
    <hvaselineXXX@webspeed.dk> wrote:

    <shnip>

    > 1) Greate a game
    > 2) Open dos box, type netstat -n, then i get fx. 4 adresses, where the
    > buttom one ends with 213.248.106.56.4000, am I on
    > 213.248.106.56.4000 server?

    Your game is on 213.248.106.56, yes.

    > But how will I know if I'm in the right game?

    Your game IP matches the one you were told about.

    > Do I stay in game for a few sec?

    Yeah, wait around as long as it takes.

    > Will msg "SOJs being sold" show immediately if it's the right game?

    It might show immediately, it might show after an hour...

    > Please explain.

    If someone says they've seen SOJ messages, and they tell you the IP
    address of the server they were logged in to when they saw them (just like
    Trammel did), then you can keep creating new games and checking the IP
    address via netstat until it matches the one you heard about. Once you're
    in a game that's hosted on that server, you should eventually see the SOJ
    messages, and then it's a matter of time. You can use the rubber band
    trick and check back in the morning if you don't wanna play while you
    wait- in the morning hit "M" to display the message log and look for
    "Diablo walks the earth". And it has to be a hell game for the clone to
    show.

    --
    They're the wrong trousers Gromit!
    And they've gone wrong!
    ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
    ICQ:239019703

    I've been out of D2 now for a few years so I guess I'm totally lost
    with what you're talking about. Are these Blizzard servers? Is this
    a hack for the emulators? What's this about Diablo walking the
    earth? I gather this must be some sort of enhancement on non-Blizz
    servers (unless they've added to the game since 1.10). What's all
    this 'free SOJ' stuff? Is it just a person yelling it (in which case
    we've heard THAT 10000 times) or is something about the game
    generating SOJs? You get an SOJ when you kill this Uber Diablo?

    - Totally Lost

    "freemont" <yabba@dabba.doo> skrev i en meddelelse
    > On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 03:32:51 -0400, Thomas (6100)
    > <hvaselineXXX@webspeed.dk> wrote:
    >
    > <shnip>
    >
    > > 1) Greate a game
    > > 2) Open dos box, type netstat -n, then i get fx. 4 adresses, where the
    > > buttom one ends with 213.248.106.56.4000, am I on
    > > 213.248.106.56.4000 server?
    >
    > Your game is on 213.248.106.56, yes.
    >
    > > But how will I know if I'm in the right game?
    >
    > Your game IP matches the one you were told about.
    >
    > > Do I stay in game for a few sec?
    >
    > Yeah, wait around as long as it takes.
    >
    > > Will msg "SOJs being sold" show immediately if it's the right game?
    >
    > It might show immediately, it might show after an hour...
    >
    > > Please explain.
    >
    > If someone says they've seen SOJ messages, and they tell you the IP
    > address of the server they were logged in to when they saw them (just like
    > Trammel did), then you can keep creating new games and checking the IP
    > address via netstat until it matches the one you heard about. Once you're
    > in a game that's hosted on that server, you should eventually see the SOJ
    > messages, and then it's a matter of time. You can use the rubber band
    > trick and check back in the morning if you don't wanna play while you
    > wait- in the morning hit "M" to display the message log and look for
    > "Diablo walks the earth". And it has to be a hell game for the clone to
    > show.
    >
    > --
    > They're the wrong trousers Gromit!
    > And they've gone wrong!
    > ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
    > ICQ:239019703

    Thank you.

    Is there anywhere you can see the counts on different ip addresses?

    Thomas

    "Thomas (6100)" <hvaselineXXX@webspeed.dk> wrote in message

    [SNIPAGE!!!!]

    > Is there anywhere you can see the counts on different ip addresses?

    Not unless your a member of some sort of group/clan that monitors SoJ
    messages, etc too.

    Only way you have of knowing the IPs SoJs are being sold on is if someone
    tells you or you see them. There is no website you can see current values
    and last sale date/times on.

    I believe there are IRC servers, forums, etc where people report seeing SoJ
    sales but I dont know any... try googling (www.google.com) ;¬)

    --

    RobR wrote:
    > I've been out of D2 now for a few years so I guess I'm totally lost
    > with what you're talking about. Are these Blizzard servers?

    Yes, closed battlenet. I think there are mods though that allow the World
    Event to happen in single player mode too.

    > Is this
    > a hack for the emulators? What's this about Diablo walking the
    > earth? I gather this must be some sort of enhancement on non-Blizz
    > servers (unless they've added to the game since 1.10).

    The World Event came with 1.10.

    > What's all this 'free SOJ' stuff? Is it just a person
    > yelling it (in which case we've heard THAT 10000 times)
    > or is something about the game generating SOJs?
    > You get an SOJ when you kill this Uber Diablo?

    This should answer most of your questions:
    http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php#soj-msg
    Oh, and the Sojs cannot be bought back from the NPCs.

    OOHHHHH!!!!! So the idea was to get rid of all
    the excess SOJs by using them to trigger somethine cool.
    I can actually understand Blizz trying to do that, on a
    closed realm though, I guess I really don't see the point
    since everyone can just hack their character anyway.

    > RobR wrote:
    >> I've been out of D2 now for a few years so I guess I'm totally lost
    >> with what you're talking about. Are these Blizzard servers?
    >
    > Yes, closed battlenet. I think there are mods though that allow the World
    > Event to happen in single player mode too.
    >
    >> Is this
    >> a hack for the emulators? What's this about Diablo walking the
    >> earth? I gather this must be some sort of enhancement on non-Blizz
    >> servers (unless they've added to the game since 1.10).
    >
    > The World Event came with 1.10.
    >
    >> What's all this 'free SOJ' stuff? Is it just a person
    >> yelling it (in which case we've heard THAT 10000 times)
    >> or is something about the game generating SOJs?
    >> You get an SOJ when you kill this Uber Diablo?
    >
    > This should answer most of your questions:
    > http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.php#soj-msg
    > Oh, and the Sojs cannot be bought back from the NPCs.

    freemont wrote:
    -snip-

    > "perspicacious"?? what the hell...

    Main Entry: per·spi·ca·cious
    Pronunciation: "p&r-sp&-'kA-sh&s
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Latin perspicac-, perspicax, from perspicere
    : of acute mental vision or discernment : KEEN
    synonym see SHREWD
    - per·spi·ca·cious·ly adverb
    - per·spi·ca·cious·ness noun
    - per·spi·cac·i·ty /-'ka-s&-tE/ noun

    thats the best i got from webster's online so its something like
    shrewd, lest perspimuthinggie would mean less shrewd or dumber...

    "GrimBold" <grimbold.UC@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > freemont wrote:
    > -snip-
    > >
    > > "perspicacious"?? what the hell...
    > >

    > Main Entry: per·spi·ca·cious
    > Pronunciation: "p&r-sp&-'kA-sh&s
    > Function: adjective
    > Etymology: Latin perspicac-, perspicax, from perspicere
    > : of acute mental vision or discernment : KEEN
    > synonym see SHREWD
    > - per·spi·ca·cious·ly adverb
    > - per·spi·ca·cious·ness noun
    > - per·spi·cac·i·ty /-'ka-s&-tE/ noun
    >
    > thats the best i got from webster's online so its something like
    > shrewd, lest perspimuthinggie would mean less shrewd or dumber...

    Perspicacious implies unusual power to see through and understand what is
    puzzling or hidden <a perspicacious counsellor saw through the child's
    facade>. So basically an innate ability to change your perspective of
    something and see it in a different way, therefore understanding the hidden
    & complex ;)

    --
    Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
    (Please reply to group only)