MattiB

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
Hi,
I am a new PC user. I purchased an HP 753n. The system is:
2.53GHz
512MB DDR SDRAM
80GB Ultra DMA hard drive
64MB DDR SDRAM intel extreme integrated graphics.
There is an available AGP port.

I purchased an ABIT Siluro GF4 Ti 4200 128MB graphics card.
Before I install the card, do I need to disable the intel graphics system? Any help would be appreciated.

Also,the card directions say to install the software after the hardware is installed. Thanks in advance

frewOFstew

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2001
I am not familiar with the pentium(i believe from intel you mentioned) bios...but if it is the same setup for onboard video as for sound (in the amd system)...I believe you would enter the bios by pressing delete as you boot up and seek out intergrated periphreals and disable the intergrated video in your bios,and make sure the agp is enabled. Than, turn off comp...unplug power, and install card in agp slot, boot up and add installation disk......(if screen comes up saying found new hardware...you can just cancel it and follow instruction manual for video software installation disk). I am not familiar with that board...but sometimes there may be a jumper on the board for intergrated video that might have to be moved........maybe someone else can add to this.

Also, it is always good to have a schematic and user manual for the motherboard you are using...you may be able to find that information on the web. I hope this information will be a generalized start for what you are attempting to do and that others will add more......frew