WTD: Latitude CPx-J CD's

I recently acquired a Latitude CPx-J laptop, with no CD's and an empty
hard drive. Dell folks do not reply to my emails to buy the
missing CD's, so now I'm on the hunt for:

Latitude CPx-J Resource CD
Latitude CPx-J System Software CD

If I can't find originals, copies will do just fine.

Regards,

Terry Smythe
Winnipeg, Canada
smythe@shaw.ca

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Did you know that you can get all updated drivers from the dell
website, using your service tag # or laptop model? Chances are that
most drivers have been updated anyway.

Larry

On 8 Aug 2005 11:14:21 -0700, "larry"
<larry.greenwood@minotstateu.edu> wrote:

>Did you know that you can get all updated drivers from the dell
>website, using your service tag # or laptop model? Chances are that
>most drivers have been updated anyway.

Agreed. I've been there, disappointing This computer has not a
single Dell file in it.

The Dell User Guide Viewer off their download section will only
display those Dell Documents files in the computer, but there is none.
The download section for this utility says that the user documents can
be downloaded off the Dell Document section of the Dell web site, but
that section is nowhere to be found.

The diagnostic utility I downloaded doesn't work. After install, I
only get an "Access Violation" or "Invalid Command" error. So I'm
dead in the water.

Which is why I'm looking for the CD's. The Dell folks do not answer
my emails to buy these disks, so clearly I'm on my own, wherever these
disks may be found, new or copies, whatever I can find. eBay has
nothing. I need to make a beginning somewhere.

Regards,

Terry Smythe
Winnipeg, Canada
smythe@shaw.ca

..

flash the bios with the latest version available for your particular model
from support.dell.com and then load the system with generic windows 98 or xp
cd. with xp you won't even have to install dell specific drivers, but you
should have at least a 10gb hard disk and 256mb of ram for xp to run well.
downloads:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd
user guides and system documentation:
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/en/product_support_hub?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd