My Sorc Osleof

Last response: in Video Games
June 29, 2005 11:55:20 AM

Well it all started out when i decided to make an enchatress about 3 mounths
ago. I got her to level 65 and stoped leveling her. I just used her with my
other characters to give a damage and attack ratting boost to help in hell.
Well the other day i had the good fortune of finding a +1 pally combat and
+33 life grand charm. To witch i decide to trade for some high runes i ended
up getting Jah, Ber, Lo for it to witch i was very happy as this meant i
could make Dream and Chains of Honnor. so i put them on my sorc and started
to level and play, putting the nexted 20 skill points into Lightning mastery
and now to my amazment she is doing 4-15k damage with a Demon machine. Now
she walks around hell having a blast. When im in public games i get laughed
at using a cross bow and people just ask why? my answer is just 15k damage.
Just thought i would share a different way to train a sorc
She has
Warmth 20
Enchant 20
Fire Mastery 20
Lightning Mastery 20
Static Field 1
Telekinesis 1
Teleport 1
and now to finsh her off im going to use a cold sheild. Have not decided on
which one yet but will make my mind up soon

More about : sorc osleof

June 29, 2005 12:28:00 PM

custard wrote:
> putting the nexted 20 skill points into Lightning mastery
> and now to my amazment she is doing 4-15k damage with a Demon machine.

Being a relative newbie, I'm not sure I follow you. Are you saying that
Demon Machine benefits from Lightning Mastery?

Here are the stats I found for Demon Machine:

31 - 137 Dmg
80 Str Required
95 Dex Required
Item Level: 57
Clvl Req: 49 +123% Enhanced Damage
+66 to Maximum Damage
+632 to Attack Rating
Fires Slvl 6 Explosive Arrows or Bolts
+66% Chance of Hit Piercing Target
+321 Defense
+36 to Mana

Explosive arrows seem to be fire damage, so wouldn't the fire mastery be
the reason?
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 4:49:50 PM

No, Dream will benefit from Lightning Mastery since it has Holy Shock on it.
Demon Machine would benefit from Fire Mastery.

--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

"Nobody" <anonymous@bogus.invalid> wrote in message
> custard wrote:
>> putting the nexted 20 skill points into Lightning mastery
>> and now to my amazment she is doing 4-15k damage with a Demon machine.
>
> Being a relative newbie, I'm not sure I follow you. Are you saying that
> Demon Machine benefits from Lightning Mastery?
>
> Here are the stats I found for Demon Machine:
>
> 31 - 137 Dmg
> 80 Str Required
> 95 Dex Required
> Item Level: 57
> Clvl Req: 49 +123% Enhanced Damage
> +66 to Maximum Damage
> +632 to Attack Rating
> Fires Slvl 6 Explosive Arrows or Bolts
> +66% Chance of Hit Piercing Target
> +321 Defense
> +36 to Mana
>
> Explosive arrows seem to be fire damage, so wouldn't the fire mastery be
> the reason?
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 6:54:42 PM

In article <ktwwe.44215$sg7.617165@weber.videotron.net>,
Nobody <anonymous@bogus.invalid> wrote:
>custard wrote:
>> putting the nexted 20 skill points into Lightning mastery
>> and now to my amazment she is doing 4-15k damage with a Demon machine.
>
>Being a relative newbie, I'm not sure I follow you. Are you saying that
>Demon Machine benefits from Lightning Mastery?
>
>Here are the stats I found for Demon Machine:
>
>31 - 137 Dmg
>80 Str Required
>95 Dex Required
>Item Level: 57
>Clvl Req: 49 +123% Enhanced Damage
>+66 to Maximum Damage
>+632 to Attack Rating
>Fires Slvl 6 Explosive Arrows or Bolts
>+66% Chance of Hit Piercing Target
>+321 Defense
>+36 to Mana
>
>Explosive arrows seem to be fire damage, so wouldn't the fire mastery be
>the reason?

I think you forgot the runeword Dream the original author was referring
to:

Dream 3 Socket Helms/Shields
Io + Jah + Pul
10% Chance To Cast Level 15 Confuse When Struck
Level 15 Holy Shock Aura When Equipped
+20-30% Faster Hit Recovery (varies)
+30% Enhanced Defense
+150-220 Defense (varies)
+10 To Vitality
Increase Maximum Life 5%
+0.625-61.875 To Mana (Based On Character Level)
All Resistances +5-20 (varies)
15-25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (varies)

Presumable in a Helmet, since Demon Machine is two-handed. This adds a
Holy Shock aura to the attacks with the Demon Machine, and the damage done
by this (and any other lightning damage he has, also from for instance
charms/jewels/etc) is further amplified by the Lightning Mastery.

If you can add a nice pack of Cold Damage to the sorc, Cold Mastery would
work for this by lowering the monsters resistance to cold, allowing it to
also do more damage.

No idea if this is viable though... Perhaps an item with the Holy Freeze
aura? How about an Ice-ed bow/crossbow? :)

Interesting way to go, BTW, though it's a bit expensive...

Regards,

Patrick.
!