Widescreen support

Hi to all!

I recently bought a laptop with 15,4' display that supports 1280x800
resolution. Does anyone has an idea how to make Diablo 2 Exp run in
that resolution without distorting the picture. When I start the game
in 800x600 mode it becomes alfull. The only solution for now is to run
the game without streching the picture to the maximum supported screen
resolution but in thet way the picture is a square in the middle of the
monitor... not good at all.

Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about widescreen support

    Mazi schrieb:
    > Hi to all!
    >
    > I recently bought a laptop with 15,4' display that supports 1280x800
    > resolution. Does anyone has an idea how to make Diablo 2 Exp run in
    > that resolution without distorting the picture. When I start the game
    > in 800x600 mode it becomes alfull. The only solution for now is to run
    > the game without streching the picture to the maximum supported screen
    > resolution but in thet way the picture is a square in the middle of the
    > monitor... not good at all.

    You might try using the GLIDE3-to-OpenGL-Wrapper found here:

    http://www.tu-harburg.de/~sisl0020/english/index.html

    The current release (1.3c) has support to scale to desktop size (option
    Desktopresolution) and use FSAA to improve picture quality.

    ---
    Hannes

    On that special day, Hannes Brunner, (bruhan12@web.de) said...

    > You might try using the GLIDE3-to-OpenGL-Wrapper found here:
    >
    > http://www.tu-harburg.de/~sisl0020/english/index.html

    Shall we help him to improve his english a bit? It sounds funny,
    really.

    Gabriele Neukam

    Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

    just so, at no cost.

    Right click on the shortcut icon, properties, compatibility tab, and
    right in the middle should be disply settings 'Run in 640x480 screen
    res' and that should do the trick. I got 1280*1064 and I use to get the
    same thing

    hth
    ChristoMephisto

    Mazi wrote:
    > Hi to all!
    >
    > I recently bought a laptop with 15,4' display that supports 1280x800
    > resolution. Does anyone has an idea how to make Diablo 2 Exp run in
    > that resolution without distorting the picture. When I start the game
    > in 800x600 mode it becomes alfull. The only solution for now is to run
    > the game without streching the picture to the maximum supported screen
    > resolution but in thet way the picture is a square in the middle of the
    > monitor... not good at all.
    >
    > Thanks!

    This worked for me also.

    short

    "ChristoMephisto" <ChristoMephisto@KNOWSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > Right click on the shortcut icon, properties, compatibility tab, and
    > right in the middle should be disply settings 'Run in 640x480 screen
    > res' and that should do the trick. I got 1280*1064 and I use to get the
    > same thing
    >
    > hth
    > ChristoMephisto
    >

    > Mazi wrote:
    > > Hi to all!
    > >
    > > I recently bought a laptop with 15,4' display that supports 1280x800
    > > resolution. Does anyone has an idea how to make Diablo 2 Exp run in
    > > that resolution without distorting the picture. When I start the game
    > > in 800x600 mode it becomes alfull. The only solution for now is to run
    > > the game without streching the picture to the maximum supported screen
    > > resolution but in thet way the picture is a square in the middle of the
    > > monitor... not good at all.
    > >
    > > Thanks!

Resolution Games Video Games