namek0

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I'm sure this has been posted somewhere, but I've gotta post here also. XP has a bad habit of setting the refresh rate to 60 any chance it gets. Without using Powerstrip, what can I do to keep it at a constant 75?

casiowatch

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2002
Do you have SP1 installed? I don't know about games, but this is an issue with pre-SP1 Windows XP.

-----
<b>All the world's problems can be solved through COMMON SENSE<b>

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
Had the same problems awhile ago but I found a program called 'Reforce' that solved the problem.
I´ve tried various programs to deal with this but I found that this works best for me.

I would have posted a link to the program if I only could find it...instead you could pm me your mailadress and I´ll send the file to you.

<font color=blue>My sig, not yours</font color=blue>

namek0

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
The program works great, but I can't play Battlefield 1942 with it. Maybe it's because it has a no cd crack...
But I'm using the program on another, and seems to work great

Thanks

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
nono, look on the ea help site
the reason you can't play BF is because it was mal coded and doesn't work (well it does, i'll explain) normally with anything but a 60Hz refresh rate.

To fix this it's simple, you just have to edit a text file.

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
Go to: My computer, then C drive, then Program Files, EA GAMES, Battlefield 1942, then the Settings folder. In that folder you will see a file called VideoDefault.con. You will want to double click this file to open it. If it asks you what Program to use (in Windows XP you will first want to choose "Display a list of programs for me to choose from), choose Wordpad. In there you will see a line with this command:

renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0

Change the 0 to a 1 and then Save the file. This will allow refresh rates above 60 Hz in the game.