Wireless network. Help needed.

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
June 24, 2004 1:31:56 PM

Hi all,

I currently have an ad hoc wireless connection running at home. Basically I
have no routers or hubs but just a peer to peer connection. My current set
is:

Main PC
Location: Upstairs
OS: Windows XP Pro
Connections:
ADSL USB Modem - IP 217.155.xxx.xxx (external facing ISP)
Wireless PCI card - IP 192.168.0.1

Laptop
OS: Windows 2000
Connections:
Ethernet adaptor (not used)
Wireless PCMCIA card.

At the moment both wireless cards are set up to adhoc connection and the XP
pc runs internet connection sharing. The laptop gets an IP (and other
settings) automatically and when running ipconfig shows the the dhcp, dns
and gateway as 192.168.0.1.

This works great but I want to now place my playstation 2 onto the network
to also share the ICS for online gaming. What I want to know is if I can do
this using my current setup and equipment. I have a wireless access point
that I currently do not use and this can be run in 3 modes: Access Point,
Client or Bridge. My PS2 has an ethernet adaptor. Is there anyway I can
use the access point to connect to the PS2 to my current adhoc network.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Stephen
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 24, 2004 2:36:42 PM

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:31:56 +0100, "Stephen Reid"
<s.reidREMOVE@REMOVEzen.co.uk> wrote:

>. Is there anyway I can
>use the access point to connect to the PS2 to my current adhoc network.

in client mode - providing it supports ad-hoc operation in client
mode. Depends on the device, time to RTFM I guess.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !

Thanks for your reply. I am pretty sure my AP supports adhoc connections
(Netgear ME102). What about IP addresses and so forth? Should these all be
obtained automatically by the AP and PS2? Will the access point have a
different IP address to the PS2 ethernet adaptor?

!