XP Home or XP Pro Question

G

I will be installing either XP Home or XP Pro but don't know which to get. This will be primarily for home use and a game or two. Some I talk to say Home other say Pro. I have never seen XP Pro and I don't like the way XP Home looks (icons). What's the big difference between the two aside from the difference in cost. Is one better than the other. Are they that much different from each other to make that much of a difference. Thanks......Vista

<b>"A politician should do two terms-one in office & one in jail"</b>

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
you cant join xp home to a domain. you can change all the pretty icons to "classic" windows easily by rt clicking the start button and selecting properties. i believe they are exactly the same other than the "domain" issue.

Itchy and Scratchy #1325,Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone; strikes the same rib twice but clearly 2 different notes sound. are we to believe that this is some sort of magic xylophone?

G

tdean,
Thanks for the reply. Would you mind explaining further what you meant by not being able to join XP Home to a domain.
The answer to the riddle is NO, because scratchy is obviously bi sexual due to the two different sounds.

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
its just a way for microsoft to make people buy two different operating systems. you can only set up a workgroup with xp home. you cant bring xp home into work, set it up and connect to your domain and access all the resources. its kinda like the difference between win 98 and nt, back in the day. thats it in a nutshell, as far as i know.

thanks for clearing up the itchy/scratchy thing for me... i knew there was something about them...

Itchy and Scratchy #1325,Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone; strikes the same rib twice but clearly 2 different notes sound. are we to believe that this is some sort of magic xylophone?

G

tdean,
Ok thanks for the additional information. Come to think of it the last time I was down Keywest Fl. I saw quite a bit of that itchy/scratchy stuff going on....Vista