Stuck in CE mod, andariel level

RP

I'm in the Catacombs level 4 and I cannot find my way out of the rooms
to kill Andariel. Is there a hidden door or hidden wall segment? I
have explored all the rooms that have doors, and I seem to be at a
dead end. I have killed all the monsters (except the butcher) and
opened all the treasure chests and checked all the beds. I can see
other rooms on my mini-map and I can see over a wall that shows
Andariels room, but I cannot get to any of these other rooms. Is there
a bug in this version or have I missed something?

rp@yahoo.com wrote:

> I'm in the Catacombs level 4 and I cannot find my way out of the rooms
> to kill Andariel. Is there a hidden door or hidden wall segment?

In the larger room that houses the smaller room with The Butcher is a
corner that looks like just a solid corner, but there is actually a
passageway between two walls that leads to the rest of the level.
Picture where you first enter this room, then go to your character's
right, follow the wall, and it'll be the first corner you come to.

Jill

RP wrote:

>I'm in the Catacombs level 4 and I
>cannot find my way out of the rooms to
>kill Andariel. Is there a hidden door or
>hidden wall segment? I have explored all
>the rooms that have doors, and I seem to
>be at a dead end. I have killed all the
>monsters (except the butcher) and
>opened all the treasure chests and
>checked all the beds. I can see other
>rooms on my mini-map and I can see
>over a wall that shows Andariels room,
>but I cannot get to any of these other
>rooms. Is there a bug in this version or
>have I missed something?

There's a few halls that are very slim, you need to find them to get
through. When looking on the screen you can actually see through to the
next room, it's very hard to see the thin hall between the room you are
in and the room you are looking at. Your circuit through the level
should be in a clockwise direction. If you start heading
counterclockwise you may end up in trouble, deep serious trouble.

Once you get used to the map, the one for Catacombs 4 is always the
same, Andariel spawns about 75% of the time in the same spot which is
the far northwest room where she used to spawn. The other 25% of the
time King Leoric spawns there. If King Leoric spawns there, my
suggestion is to go back the way you came, and at the bottom of the map
was a skinny hall you had already went through, keep going through that
one till it goes into a big room and Andariel should be in the room
right above that big room. If Andariel spawns in the southeast quadrant
of the map, she has a lot of gloams and burning souls around her.
You'll need to quaff a grounding potion as well as an antidote potion.