noobs ????!!!!

Last response: in Video Games
July 4, 2005 2:21:23 AM

Ha, all !

I started Diablowing two years ago and have teamed up with the same
sorceress ever since. We never rush. Turn every stone over, open every
chest. We waste nothing. That makes us slow. But rich. Tonight we faced Hell
Ancients for the first time, but they were too strong. We lost all our money
and exp trying to ice them. To no avail. We decided on some diabloruns to
gain some of our exp back and started an open game for 8. Lots of people
joined, but they never did anything. The just stood watching while we worked
our ass off on the way to the big D. Some of them were even without armour
and/or weapons. After a while they all left calling us noobs. I may be a bit
dim with the heat of today, but I can't figure out how a Diablorun can be
done otherwise than we did. Anyone care to enlighten me ?
TIA !

More about : noobs

Anonymous
July 4, 2005 3:45:33 AM

"patrick antoni" <patrick.antoni@skynet.be> wrote in message
> Ha, all !
>
> I started Diablowing two years ago and have teamed up with the same
> sorceress ever since. We never rush. Turn every stone over, open every
> chest. We waste nothing. That makes us slow. But rich. Tonight we faced
Hell
> Ancients for the first time, but they were too strong. We lost all our
money
> and exp trying to ice them. To no avail. We decided on some diabloruns to
> gain some of our exp back and started an open game for 8. Lots of people
> joined, but they never did anything. The just stood watching while we
worked
> our ass off on the way to the big D. Some of them were even without armour
> and/or weapons. After a while they all left calling us noobs. I may be a
bit
> dim with the heat of today, but I can't figure out how a Diablorun can be
> done otherwise than we did. Anyone care to enlighten me ?
> TIA !

This has happened to me before it makes me real angry to think the hours i
have put into the game to be called a noob
What the people are after is free exp. the ider being to find the boss like
diablo or baals minions as fast as you can, kill as fast as you can and move
to the nexted game. In hell baal games they have made bots who run baal in
about 30 second from town till baal, kill all minions and leave to start the
nexted game. Nice if you are to low to where some items but other than that
just a boring ride to exp. So when we get called noobs is just because we
play the without hacks and enjoy the game how its ment to be . Just my two
cents worth but thats what i figger it happening
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 3:53:23 AM

"patrick antoni" <patrick.antoni@skynet.be> wrote in message
> Ha, all !
>
> I started Diablowing two years ago and have teamed up with the same
> sorceress ever since. We never rush. Turn every stone over, open every
> chest. We waste nothing. That makes us slow. But rich. Tonight we faced
Hell
> Ancients for the first time, but they were too strong. We lost all our
money
> and exp trying to ice them. To no avail. We decided on some diabloruns to
> gain some of our exp back and started an open game for 8. Lots of people
> joined, but they never did anything. The just stood watching while we
worked
> our ass off on the way to the big D. Some of them were even without armour
> and/or weapons. After a while they all left calling us noobs. I may be a
bit
> dim with the heat of today, but I can't figure out how a Diablorun can be
> done otherwise than we did. Anyone care to enlighten me ?

One thing I dont get myself is why people could be offended by the word
"noob".
I have played D2 since it came out in the UK (about 5yrs ago). Before that
I played Diablo (and continued for about a year after D2 was released
too)... and I still class myself as a noob (newbie) because I keep
forgetting stuff about D2 or learning new things :¬/

Anyways... to the point of your post:

Normally on bNet games the person who opens the BaalRun game is responsible
for teleporting to Baals throne-room and opening a TP for the others to come
through and "help" kill his minions.

Alot of the time though these "helpers" will do nothing more than stand at
the back and leach XP points.

Sometimes you will find that said "helpers" who join will actually be useful
though and you can all go through worldstone to Baal... but thats getting
rare in D2 as its full of people we (I) like to refer to as "eternal-noobs"
(eNoobs). eNoobs will never learn anything about a game and instead rely on
eBay & "friends" to do everything for them. This can be seen for instance
in lvl-8x to lvl-9x characters who still dont know basic game principles
like not killing the cow king, while virgins are near, etc.

My advise to you is not to worry about what said "eNoobs" called you and
your friend... atleast you had the balls to try Baal running instead of
relying on other people to do all the work for ya'.

If you are still having trouble with Baal though and require a little
assistance... I can start you off with BaalRuns, etc on Europe/Ladder/SC...
and Im sure someone else here would help on other servers / HC / etc ;¬)

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)

Ever so sorry, but I'm not offended at all if someone calls me a noob. Not
in the least. I was just wondering who is the fool here. He who turns up
with no armour and/or weapons and fools himself he's cool standing by
watching others doing the work for him and then leaves when it doesn't go
fast enough or he who levels up for himself. No wonder the world goes limb
with people that lack selfrespect and lose themselves by selling their souls
even in a trivial game like this. Writing on the wall.
"patrick antoni" <patrick.antoni@skynet.be> schreef in bericht

!