Sign in with
Your question

STILL having XP Pro(blems)

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
January 22, 2004 11:39:36 PM

ok, this computer is driving me nuts. when i click on network neighborhood after 5 min or so i get this error: the connection can not be restored b/c the name already exists (or something very similar. same thing if i try to click on my mapped drives. i CAN access my mapped drives if i do it immediately after i reboot. even when i can open my mapped folders, i get that damn flashlight for ~20 seconds. i also get the my computer "not responding" message. now, even when i click on my c drive, i get an error that says "not responding". if i wait, it will finally show up. for some reason when i try to add accounts to the local admin group the domain wont show up. i also get mcc errors. i've tried a repair and it did nothing. i am updated and virus free. any suggestions?

Itchy and Scratchy #1325,Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone; strikes the same rib twice but clearly 2 different notes sound. are we to believe that this is some sort of magic xylophone?

More about : pro blems

January 23, 2004 11:45:15 AM

yeah... everything is completely up to date. very very frustrating. i have a 2k server and i config'd the xp machines to look for the 2k dns etc, so that works. internet is fast. every other computer works fine except this one.

Itchy and Scratchy #1325,Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone; strikes the same rib twice but clearly 2 different notes sound. are we to believe that this is some sort of magic xylophone?
Related resources
!