leap attack question

Something I have always wondered..... when my Barb Leap Attacks a
target, when he hits, does he actually swing his weapon and hit and do
damage? I cant tell. Sometimes it seems like he lands on the target
but doesnt swing and no damage is inflicted. Is this possible or am I
imagining it? Do i have to leap attack and then left-click "normal
attack" at the right moment in order to get the full effect, or is it
just a one-click thing?

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

howldog wrote:
> Something I have always wondered..... when my Barb Leap Attacks a
> target, when he hits, does he actually swing his weapon and hit and do
> damage? I cant tell. Sometimes it seems like he lands on the target
> but doesnt swing and no damage is inflicted. Is this possible or am I
> imagining it? Do i have to leap attack and then left-click "normal
> attack" at the right moment in order to get the full effect, or is it
> just a one-click thing?

It's a one-click thing. When your barb lands, if he is close enough to
the enemy he will do a normal attack. Keep in mind that leap attack is
difficult to aim. Typically, I use leap attack just for maneuvering
over walls or through grills, etc. If I actually hit someting it's a
bonus!

-Jason

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Jake Mysterio wrote:
> Also remember that Leap Attack is bugged. Same as Charge for a
> paladin i think it is. If you get interrupted sometimes when about to leap
> it might knock you to the ground. The try again and it wont leap..Annoying
> but a minor bug fixed by saving, exiting, re-entering.

Is THAT what happens?!? Once in a blue moon I get that, and it freaks
me out! I've had to switch my hotkeys from leap attack to plain ol'
leap in the middle of a battle before because of this!

-Jason

I've used a Leaper and from what i experienced you don't have to actually
Target the monster in question. Yes the Target will cop all the damage if
the hit is successful but i was targeting the blank spot beside them and it
still hit the nearest monster to that spot.
--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

"Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> howldog wrote:
>> Something I have always wondered..... when my Barb Leap Attacks a
>> target, when he hits, does he actually swing his weapon and hit and do
>> damage? I cant tell. Sometimes it seems like he lands on the target
>> but doesnt swing and no damage is inflicted. Is this possible or am I
>> imagining it? Do i have to leap attack and then left-click "normal
>> attack" at the right moment in order to get the full effect, or is it
>> just a one-click thing?
>
> It's a one-click thing. When your barb lands, if he is close enough to
> the enemy he will do a normal attack. Keep in mind that leap attack is
> difficult to aim. Typically, I use leap attack just for maneuvering
> over walls or through grills, etc. If I actually hit someting it's a
> bonus!
>
> -Jason

Just remember that it is the same as any attack. It goes by % to hit. No
guarentee. Sometimes you'll connect and smash em to pieces and other times
you'll miss completely. You can actually also use the attack whilest
standing right infront of the monster. It doesn't have to be leapt from a
distance. Also remember that Leap Attack is bugged. Same as Charge for a

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:09:01 -0400, howldog <howldog@yahoonope.com>
wrote:

>Something I have always wondered..... when my Barb Leap Attacks a
>target, when he hits, does he actually swing his weapon and hit and do
>damage? I cant tell. Sometimes it seems like he lands on the target
>but doesnt swing and no damage is inflicted. Is this possible or am I
>imagining it? Do i have to leap attack and then left-click "normal
>attack" at the right moment in order to get the full effect, or is it
>just a one-click thing?

One Click.
And you don't have to click ON the target, you can click *near* it as
well. As long as the target is still close, you should make an attack.

I've found LA to be *veeery* hit and miss with emphasis on the MISS.
The displayed Attack Rating is misleading.

It's best left as a means of moving great distances ;-)

Watchman

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002

noneyabusiness wrote:

> On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:09:01 -0400, howldog <howldog@yahoonope.com>
> wrote:
>

> >Something I have always wondered..... when my Barb Leap Attacks a
> >target, when he hits, does he actually swing his weapon and hit and do
> >damage? I cant tell. Sometimes it seems like he lands on the target
> >but doesnt swing and no damage is inflicted. Is this possible or am I
> >imagining it? Do i have to leap attack and then left-click "normal
> >attack" at the right moment in order to get the full effect, or is it
> >just a one-click thing?
> >

> One Click.
> And you don't have to click ON the target, you can click *near* it as
> well. As long as the target is still close, you should make an attack.
>
> I've found LA to be *veeery* hit and miss with emphasis on the MISS.
> The displayed Attack Rating is misleading.
>
> It's best left as a means of moving great distances ;-)

And for getting out of trouble. ;)
....it also allows you to trigger those exploding guys in Act V without
getting hurt.

Watchman :)
--
'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

You can trigger those exploding guys without being hit by stopping, then
walking and that's when they stop and explode.

--

Jake Mysterio wrote:

> You can trigger those exploding guys without being hit by stopping, then
> walking and that's when they stop and explode.
>
> --
> Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

Yes, but Leap Attack allows you to keep moving forward.

Watchman :)
--
'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'