Damage Reduction

Shawn

I've read a few builds now confused.

Is it maxed at 75% or 50%???

This is the best mod I would like to get it right......

tks 4 input:)

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
> In article <729a6$42cbc344$ce69b82e$15634@dcanet.allthenewsgroups.com>,
> Shawn <scan19@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >I've read a few builds now confused.
> >
> >Is it maxed at 75% or 50%???
> >
> >This is the best mod I would like to get it right......
>
> 50% DR is the cap in the game.

How does this mod fit in with barbarian's Battle Cry skill. Do these
sum together, or does Battle Cry reduce enemy damage *before* this mod
is applied?

-Jason

Jason wrote:
> Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
> > In article <729a6$42cbc344$ce69b82e$15634@dcanet.allthenewsgroups.com>,
> > Shawn <scan19@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >I've read a few builds now confused.
> > >
> > >Is it maxed at 75% or 50%???
> > >
> > >This is the best mod I would like to get it right......
> >
> > 50% DR is the cap in the game.
>
> How does this mod fit in with barbarian's Battle Cry skill. Do these
> sum together, or does Battle Cry reduce enemy damage *before* this mod
> is applied?

Battle Cry comes first. It is not additive with equipment DR.

In article <729a6$42cbc344$ce69b82e$15634@dcanet.allthenewsgroups.com>,
Shawn <scan19@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I've read a few builds now confused.
>
>Is it maxed at 75% or 50%???
>
>This is the best mod I would like to get it right......

50% DR is the cap in the game.

Regards,

Patrick.

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

chaliban wrote:
> Jason wrote:
> > Patrick Vervoorn wrote:

> > > 50% DR is the cap in the game.
> >
> > How does this mod fit in with barbarian's Battle Cry skill. Do these
> > sum together, or does Battle Cry reduce enemy damage *before* this mod
> > is applied?
>
> Battle Cry comes first. It is not additive with equipment DR.

That's what I thought. In theory, then, a barb could be at 75% total
DR, with the 50% maxed BC, and 50% DR. Cooooool...

Actually, I don't think that BC has the 50% cap so technically, you
could get even higher. IIRC, someone on the Amazon Basin was
making/made a BC tank. Just remember to let the party know as necro
curses etc will overwrite it.

You may even think about using some straight DR instead of %DR. Once
that first 50% is gone, you are looking at receiving about 60 max
damage from the hardest hitting monsters. Glad Bane, Gerkes both
stuffed with Sols would take care of that. Or even a nice circlet and
ammy combo.

Hmmm......

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

chaliban wrote:
> Actually, I don't think that BC has the 50% cap so technically, you
> could get even higher. IIRC, someone on the Amazon Basin was
> making/made a BC tank. Just remember to let the party know as necro
> curses etc will overwrite it.
>
> You may even think about using some straight DR instead of %DR. Once
> that first 50% is gone, you are looking at receiving about 60 max
> damage from the hardest hitting monsters. Glad Bane, Gerkes both
> stuffed with Sols would take care of that. Or even a nice circlet and
> ammy combo.
>
> Hmmm......

Sweeeeeet! With enough MDR you could just ride out blizzards, chain
lighting etc... About the only thing that would hurt you would be
poison and fireball/meteors... This might be a fun build. I thing I'll
hack up this guy in SP just for fun. If it works then I'll set about
building him on the realms. :)

-Jason