do some people just have no clue?

I was joining public nm baal games this morning with my bonespear/bone
prison necro.

I prisoned the first three sets of minions and my spear and the meteors from
the party's sorc took care of them without anyone gettting killed.

Then a zeal paladin complained that he wanted me to stop. I stepped out a tp
and went to res my insight equipped merc (needed to give enough mana to spam
the spears, prisons are lvl 27 so they are just 1 each). As I rezzed the
merc I warned him, he would die if I stopped, and right on cue he died
without my prisons to keep them in place. By the time I got back to the tp
to reenter the paladin had died a second time along with several other in
the party. The party had made the mistake of leading the minions out of the
room so Lister and his pack spawned just before I got back into the room,
and then they made the mistake of leading them back in, so two sets of
minions were in the room at the same time. I then flooded the room with
prisons, but it was hopeless, the minions were spread all over the room and
neither I nor the sorc could take them out fast enough to keep the rest of
the party alive. I punched out and left them to their fate. If the fool had
just not complained he could have ridden the game in safety instead the
whole party got slaughtered by two sets of minions.

When I read the build guide on DII.net it warned that people wouldn't
appreciate the prisions, but it might be at least one party learned
something today.
12 answers Last reply
More about people clue

    john graesser wrote:
    > I was joining public nm baal games this morning with my bonespear/bone
    > prison necro.
    >
    > I prisoned the first three sets of minions and my spear and the meteors from
    > the party's sorc took care of them without anyone gettting killed.
    >
    > Then a zeal paladin complained that he wanted me to stop. I stepped out a tp
    > and went to res my insight equipped merc (needed to give enough mana to spam
    > the spears, prisons are lvl 27 so they are just 1 each). As I rezzed the
    > merc I warned him, he would die if I stopped, and right on cue he died
    > without my prisons to keep them in place. By the time I got back to the tp
    > to reenter the paladin had died a second time along with several other in
    > the party. The party had made the mistake of leading the minions out of the
    > room so Lister and his pack spawned just before I got back into the room,
    > and then they made the mistake of leading them back in, so two sets of
    > minions were in the room at the same time. I then flooded the room with
    > prisons, but it was hopeless, the minions were spread all over the room and
    > neither I nor the sorc could take them out fast enough to keep the rest of
    > the party alive. I punched out and left them to their fate. If the fool had
    > just not complained he could have ridden the game in safety instead the
    > whole party got slaughtered by two sets of minions.
    >
    > When I read the build guide on DII.net it warned that people wouldn't
    > appreciate the prisions, but it might be at least one party learned
    > something today.

    Such is life... I have no problem with prisons. My barb can leap
    into/out of them with no probs at all. It's the endless revives that
    piss me off, since I'm always trying to kill them cause I can't tell
    them from the real enemies. Doh!

    -Jason

    john graesser wrote:

    > When I read the build guide on DII.net it warned that people wouldn't
    > appreciate the prisions, but it might be at least one party learned
    > something today.

    Yes, that necros can't be trusted. "As soon as it got dangerous, the
    necro chickened out and left us to die." :)

    They bitch and moan about skeletons, too, then they drop like flies as
    soon as I portal back to town. It's amazing how many people don't
    understand "I leave, you die."

    --
    Zamboni

    Sliver wrote:
    > "john graesser" <graesser@tca.net> wrote in message
    > >I was joining public nm baal games this morning with my bonespear/bone
    > > prison necro.
    > >
    > > I prisoned the first three sets of minions and my spear and the meteors
    > > from
    > > the party's sorc took care of them without anyone gettting killed.
    > >
    > > Then a zeal paladin complained that he wanted me to stop. I stepped out a
    > > tp
    > <snip slaughter section>
    > > When I read the build guide on DII.net it warned that people wouldn't
    > > appreciate the prisions, but it might be at least one party learned
    > > something today.
    >
    > Here's the problem. Every git in a public run thinks Sorc's should tele,
    > Barbs BO, pally's tank with hammers, druids must have oak sage, necros must
    > sit politely in a corner gather their xp do not lag the party with summoners
    > or trap anyone or thing with prison, assasins using their master get
    > keyhauled and zons well not much can be said other than if your javas don't
    > stop spamming them if your arrows same thing. Should you deviate in any way
    > from this formula you are a "noob" Doesn't matter that you might have a
    > build that can survive hell in an 8 player game fulled with souls and dolls.
    > You are still a noob. I just find another run and let them die in all their
    > L33T glory 8D

    People freak out when my barb pops up Grim Wards. They hate that the
    enemies run away, or they hate that I'm stealing "their" corpses. When
    I stop, and they get mobbed and die, somehow it's all my fault. :(

    Jason wrote:

    > It's the endless revives that
    > piss me off, since I'm always trying to kill them cause I can't tell
    > them from the real enemies. Doh!

    What I hate is when an assy's shadow "converts" enemies - u can't kill
    them until the conversion wears off. Or, you've got a mouse lock on
    them, and you lose it as they are converted (and you rush to them).

    "john graesser" <graesser@tca.net> wrote in message
    > I was joining public nm baal games this morning with my bonespear/bone
    > prison necro.
    >
    > I prisoned the first three sets of minions and my spear and the meteors
    from
    > the party's sorc took care of them without anyone gettting killed.
    >
    > Then a zeal paladin complained that he wanted me to stop. I stepped out a
    tp
    > and went to res my insight equipped merc (needed to give enough mana to
    spam
    > the spears, prisons are lvl 27 so they are just 1 each). As I rezzed the
    > merc I warned him, he would die if I stopped, and right on cue he died
    > without my prisons to keep them in place. By the time I got back to the tp
    > to reenter the paladin had died a second time along with several other in
    > the party. The party had made the mistake of leading the minions out of
    the
    > room so Lister and his pack spawned just before I got back into the room,
    > and then they made the mistake of leading them back in, so two sets of
    > minions were in the room at the same time. I then flooded the room with
    > prisons, but it was hopeless, the minions were spread all over the room
    and
    > neither I nor the sorc could take them out fast enough to keep the rest of
    > the party alive. I punched out and left them to their fate. If the fool
    had
    > just not complained he could have ridden the game in safety instead the
    > whole party got slaughtered by two sets of minions.
    >
    > When I read the build guide on DII.net it warned that people wouldn't
    > appreciate the prisions, but it might be at least one party learned
    > something today.

    i for one actually dont like prisons (playing HCL)... getting trapped in
    with the monsters and not being able to run out (not everyone has teleport)
    is a bad thing

    but on the dying part.. (you and a sorc cant take them out fast enough?)
    sounds like none of the team really should be in baal NM runs.

    Clincher

    "Clincher" <drevil23500@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > but on the dying part.. (you and a sorc cant take them out fast enough?)
    > sounds like none of the team really should be in baal NM runs.

    So two players should be able to clear the room while the others run around
    like chickens with their heads cut off? With the prisons we were the only
    two doing any killing damage, her 3-4k meteors and my 1K spears spammed as
    fast as they could come out. I can solo the run, so I was holding up my end,
    the other 6 players weren't doing their share. With the monsters locked in
    the prison I can move to line them up for the spears, with them spread out
    and moving I get one at a time and sometimes miss. Admittedly in the mid
    50's I was pushing it for being there, but then I can manage it on my own, I
    just get exp a lot faster in 8 player public games.

    "john graesser" <graesser@tca.net> wrote in message
    >I was joining public nm baal games this morning with my bonespear/bone
    > prison necro.
    >
    > I prisoned the first three sets of minions and my spear and the meteors
    > from
    > the party's sorc took care of them without anyone gettting killed.
    >
    > Then a zeal paladin complained that he wanted me to stop. I stepped out a
    > tp
    <snip slaughter section>
    > When I read the build guide on DII.net it warned that people wouldn't
    > appreciate the prisions, but it might be at least one party learned
    > something today.

    Here's the problem. Every git in a public run thinks Sorc's should tele,
    Barbs BO, pally's tank with hammers, druids must have oak sage, necros must
    sit politely in a corner gather their xp do not lag the party with summoners
    or trap anyone or thing with prison, assasins using their master get
    keyhauled and zons well not much can be said other than if your javas don't
    stop spamming them if your arrows same thing. Should you deviate in any way
    from this formula you are a "noob" Doesn't matter that you might have a
    build that can survive hell in an 8 player game fulled with souls and dolls.
    You are still a noob. I just find another run and let them die in all their
    L33T glory 8D

    --
    In a World full of Insanity
    Here I Stand.

    Jason wrote:

    > People freak out when my barb pops up Grim Wards. They hate that the
    > enemies run away, or they hate that I'm stealing "their" corpses. When
    > I stop, and they get mobbed and die, somehow it's all my fault. :(

    What about those barbs who do not understand that a higher level BO is
    better than a lower level BO. And that they should not use their BO in
    situations where there is already a BO in place... :( GAHHH

    > "Clincher" <drevil23500@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > but on the dying part.. (you and a sorc cant take them out fast enough?)
    > > sounds like none of the team really should be in baal NM runs.
    >
    > So two players should be able to clear the room while the others run
    around
    > like chickens with their heads cut off? With the prisons we were the only
    > two doing any killing damage, her 3-4k meteors and my 1K spears spammed as
    > fast as they could come out. I can solo the run, so I was holding up my
    end,
    > the other 6 players weren't doing their share. With the monsters locked in
    > the prison I can move to line them up for the spears, with them spread out
    > and moving I get one at a time and sometimes miss. Admittedly in the mid
    > 50's I was pushing it for being there, but then I can manage it on my own,
    > just get exp a lot faster in 8 player public games.

    I did alot of solo killing with my sorc in NM baal runs (or with necro,
    hammerdin, zeal pally, javazon... all mid 50's) in 8 player games.
    spear necro should have it easy, kill 1 or 2 and use CE

    Clincher

    Or when that Sorceress or Paladin override your Barb's BO with theirs
    and call you a noob for not having a CTA.

    On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 18:40:57 -0400, Nobody <anonymous@bogus.invalid>
    wrote:

    >> Jason wrote:
    >> >
    >> > It's the endless revives that
    >> > piss me off, since I'm always trying to kill them cause I can't tell
    >> > them from the real enemies. Doh!
    >>
    >> What I hate is when an assy's shadow "converts" enemies - u can't kill
    >> them until the conversion wears off. Or, you've got a mouse lock on
    >> them, and you lose it as they are converted (and you rush to them).

    I'm driving a level 93 assassin now... and I HATE THAT SCREECH BITCH
    SHADOW MASTER!

    She starts her own fights instead of helping me with mine, and leads
    them back to me whether I'm interested in a new (or larger) fight or
    not). Yes, she converts my targets so that they become enemies IN MY
    REAR AREA when they un-convert.

    How to handle this: I withdraw until the whole fight is out of range
    except for the converted which follow me (and track on me if they were
    doing so when they converted... they don't attack me but they don't pick
    new targets until they're nose-to-nose with me usually). then kill the
    un-converted, then re-approach the fight. Take time to renew
    BC/BO/BoS/Fade while I'm at it.

    She is a loose cannon!

    If I could chose her skills, I would switch Dragon Flight and Mind Blast
    OFF. I'd also switch her traps off, mine are fewer but more powerful.

    --

    Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
    USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

    Brian Brunner wrote:
    > On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 18:40:57 -0400, Nobody <anonymous@bogus.invalid>
    > wrote:

    >>>What I hate is when an assy's shadow "converts" enemies - u can't kill
    >>>them until the conversion wears off. Or, you've got a mouse lock on
    >>>them, and you lose it as they are converted (and you rush to them).
    >

    > I'm driving a level 93 assassin now... and I HATE THAT SCREECH BITCH
    > SHADOW MASTER!

    Apparently you still don't get the point. She's a shadow
    MASTER. She masters. She dictates. She dominates. She leads.

    Have you ever stayed behind and adore how effective she
    fights, how charming she moves, and how nice an ass she has?

    Bing
    (I like my SM, but I'm not aggressive.)

Games Video Games