need a phone

Last response: in Network Providers
May 2, 2005 5:03:37 PM

I just got an i530 for christmas and It got wet, now it shuts on an off.
Nextel is my
only phone service, but I cannot afford to buy a new phone as I am a stay at
home mom.
Is there anyone out there that has a nextel phone that they are not using
and would be willing to just give it away I can pay for shipping!
email me at midnite7677@adelphia.net if you have one.

More about : phone

Anonymous
May 2, 2005 6:34:20 PM

if you have a warranty on your phone then you can try going to a nextel
store and they should replace it for you.

--
opmeteor419
May 2, 2005 8:44:36 PM

In message <opmeteor419.1of6ky@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> opmeteor419
<opmeteor419.1of6ky@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>if you have a warranty on your phone then you can try going to a nextel
>store and they should replace it for you.

Water damage isn't covered, and unfortunately they're pretty good at
spotting water damage and denying the warranty claim.

--
For recreational use only.
Related resources

I don't think the warranty covers dropping it in water
"opmeteor419" <opmeteor419.1of6ky@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
message news:o pmeteor419.1of6ky@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...

> if you have a warranty on your phone then you can try going to a nextel
> store and they should replace it for you.
>

> --
> opmeteor419

May 2, 2005 10:03:12 PM

"Justin" <jumcnabb5@yahoo.com> writes:

| I don't think the warranty covers dropping it in water

Have I missed the part of this thread that covered the phone being
dropped in water ? I know the OP had mentioned that the phone got wet.

Fordhook
May 3, 2005 1:10:49 AM

all of us that knows Nextel knows that they will go on and swap the phone.
But we also know that once it arrives at the service center and they
discover water damage..................Here comes a Bill. But also for those
that didn't know, The Service Center looks for the following .......Motorola
puts a white dot on the 2 boards inside the radio when it is built. If water
hits that, it will release a red dye "Like a magic marker ink" and once
open they see that or any white stuff "which is corrosion, I am using white
stuff so people can understand what they are seeing" and last but not least
rust. There are ways around this.....little things to do to cover up the
evidence of water, where the Tech that is looking at it cannot tell.

"DevilsPGD" <ihatespam@crazyhat.net> wrote in message
> In message <opmeteor419.1of6ky@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> opmeteor419
> <opmeteor419.1of6ky@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
>
>>if you have a warranty on your phone then you can try going to a nextel
>>store and they should replace it for you.
>
> Water damage isn't covered, and unfortunately they're pretty good at
> spotting water damage and denying the warranty claim.
>

> --
> For recreational use only.
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 4:57:13 AM

Thomas is correct..you have a few options. one is add signal insurance
to your acct and make an insurance claim stating it was dropped in
water. it is $4.95 a month plus a $35 deductable. Another option
is....some service centers (like mine) can generally fix 90% of water
damaged phones provided that it happened within the last few days, the
battery was taken off immediately, it wasn't turned back on right
after, etc. your phone is a good case for one that could be fixed.
don't know where u are located but u might try calling a local ASC
(look at nextel.com to find the closest one) and see if they can fix
it!

--
rdmiller
May 13, 2005 2:30:23 AM

On Signal, you would just claim the phone lost.

!