Best new videocard!

vainot

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2002
Has anyone heard of a video card that has outputs for HDTVs???
I would like to hook up my computer to my HDTV and take advantage of the TVs resolution.

Vai.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Have you heard of HDTV's with inputs for computers?

Think about this, ATI cards give you 1024x768 fine, but don't you think the picture would be much crisper using a 15-pin VGA cable?

And that's exactly what you can get. I was looking at some fine HDTV's a few months ago, and one of them had a 15-pin XVGA input. It was $95 more than a comparable model.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

vainot

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2002
I hate to disappoint you but that 15-pin in the back of HDTVs are NOT for accepting a signal from a videocard. In fact they warn that your warranty will be void if you do connect a computer through this method. The 15-pin connection is only to support some types of HD receivers. The best would be a videocard that has componant output, this way it can also handle a HD signal.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hmm, the one I saw said "XVGA compatable". That would be 1024x768@60Hz if I'm not mistaken.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>