The Great Marsh

.... damn i hate this place.

even worse, CE Mod, the map changes every time you restart the game.

i cant find the Flayer Jungle.

yeeeesh.

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:01:53 -0400, howldog <howldog@yahoonope.com> wrote:

> ... damn i hate this place.
>
> even worse, CE Mod, the map changes every time you restart the game.
>
> i cant find the Flayer Jungle.
>
> yeeeesh.

Navigating that damn jungle is the biggest PITA in the game to me, esp.
without teleport.

--
They're the wrong trousers Gromit!
And they've gone wrong!

On 11-Jul-2005, howldog <howldog@yahoonope.com> wrote:

> ... damn i hate this place.
> even worse, CE Mod, the map changes every time you restart the game.
> i cant find the Flayer Jungle.
> yeeeesh.

Sometimes there is a 'shortcut' between the Spider area and the Flayer
Jungle, allowing you to bypass the Great Marsh entirely. When it is there
it is usually one of those 'side' areas. But, yea, the beginning of act3
is one of my least favorites as well. Most games I don't even
find/activate the Great Marsh WP, just keep truckin' till the Flayer
Jungle.
You could always pause it overnight you know, to keep the same map.
--
Not 1337.

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:12:54 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
wrote:

>On 11-Jul-2005, howldog <howldog@yahoonope.com> wrote:
>
>> ... damn i hate this place.
>> even worse, CE Mod, the map changes every time you restart the game.
>> i cant find the Flayer Jungle.
>> yeeeesh.
>
>Sometimes there is a 'shortcut' between the Spider area and the Flayer
>Jungle, allowing you to bypass the Great Marsh entirely.

yah i saw that in an earlier game but i hadnt found the spider
waypoint or the spider cavern with the Eye thing so i hadda pass it on
by.

wrote:

>... damn i hate this place.
>
>even worse, CE Mod, the map changes every time you restart the game.
>
>i cant find the Flayer Jungle.
>
>yeeeesh.

I usually have luck running the left edge of the map (kinda sorta like
what people do in the Durance) till I find Lower Kurast.

Otherwise, keep the game running between sessions like ArtDent
suggested.

howldog <howldog@yahoonope.com> wrote:

> ... damn i hate this place.

I usually play through Act III from the beginning at least
up to Lower Kurast in one sitting to prevent wandering the
trackless jungle any more than necessary.

> even worse, CE Mod, the map changes every time you restart the game.

I believe this is a function of the PlugY mod (included in CE).
You should be able to turn it off by editing the PlugY.ini file
(change AlwaysRegenMapInSP from 1 to 0).

RelMark

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 05:35:12 -0000, RelMark
<bsmith77(at)dreamscape(dot)com> wrote:

>howldog <howldog@yahoonope.com> wrote:
>>
>> ... damn i hate this place.
>
>I usually play through Act III from the beginning at least
>up to Lower Kurast in one sitting to prevent wandering the
>trackless jungle any more than necessary.
>
>> even worse, CE Mod, the map changes every time you restart the game.
>
>I believe this is a function of the PlugY mod (included in CE).
>You should be able to turn it off by editing the PlugY.ini file
>(change AlwaysRegenMapInSP from 1 to 0).

i dont have a PlugY.ini file

i've got a PlugY.dll file
and a PlugY.log, which appears to be a text log of what the .dll does

i am somewhat hesitant to mess with a .dll file... is this the same
thing as the .ini file?

"howldog" <howldog@yahoonope.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 05:35:12 -0000, RelMark
> <bsmith77(at)dreamscape(dot)com> wrote:
>
> >howldog <howldog@yahoonope.com> wrote:
> >
> >> even worse, CE Mod, the map changes every time you restart the game.
> >
> >I believe this is a function of the PlugY mod (included in CE).
> >You should be able to turn it off by editing the PlugY.ini file
> >(change AlwaysRegenMapInSP from 1 to 0).
>
> i dont have a PlugY.ini file

Oh. Um...
In that case, I may have given you useless advice. I haven't yet tried
CE, but I was assuming the setup of PlugY included with it was the same
as the setup of PlugY when installed separately. I don't know of a way
to edit the settings of PlugY, aside from through the .ini file, and if
it's not available, perhaps the mod maker wanted to prevent people from
fiddling with the settings.

RelMark