Spirit Sword

I made a spirit sword today in a crystal sword i found and it's Perfect in
all spots except 1.

+2 To All Skills
+25-35% Faster Cast Rate (varies)
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
Adds 1-50 Lightning Damage
Adds 3-14 Cold Damage
+75 Poison Damage Over 5 Seconds
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
+250 Defense Vs. Missile
+22 To Vitality
+89-112 To Mana (varies)
+3-8 Magic Absorb (varies)

It had 89 to Mana. Argh!

--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

Hi,

"Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote in

> I made a spirit sword today in a crystal sword i found and it's
> Perfect in all spots except 1.
>
> +2 To All Skills
> +25-35% Faster Cast Rate (varies)
> +55% Faster Hit Recovery
> Adds 1-50 Lightning Damage
> Adds 3-14 Cold Damage
> +75 Poison Damage Over 5 Seconds
> 7% Life Stolen Per Hit
> +250 Defense Vs. Missile
> +22 To Vitality
> +89-112 To Mana (varies)
> +3-8 Magic Absorb (varies)
>

> It had 89 to Mana. Argh!

so what? I had to make several ones until I got that 35%FCR I wanted. 20
Mana less isn't something I'd whine about..

Regards,

Oliver

Brian Kastel wrote:
> "Jake Mysterio" wrote...
> >I made a spirit sword today in a crystal sword i found and it's Perfect in
> >all spots except 1.

but it was the most important one. Congrats. It's worth a pretty penny.

> > [snip]
>
> Spirit has been vital to my sorceress -- both the sword and the shield.

<snip digression>

> I found a 4-socket phase blade with which one could make a Spirit sword.. I
> noticed that it does not say it is ethereal, but I once read that all phase
> blades are ethereal, and I wonder if that was incorrect...

Probably best to make the Spirit in a crystal sword and not a phase
blade. A phase blade has high dex requirements.

I once read (possibly wrongly) that all phase blades are
indestructible. Accordingly, no phase blades are ethereal. To get an
ethereal phase blade, you need to get an ethereal dimensional sword and
upgrade it. Worth it if you find the right one apparently. Ethereal and
Indestructible.

I know...I would like to make one Perfect. It'd be good to be see done
Legally not Hacked!

--

"Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> "Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote in
>
>> I made a spirit sword today in a crystal sword i found and it's
>> Perfect in all spots except 1.
>>
>> +2 To All Skills
>> +25-35% Faster Cast Rate (varies)
>> +55% Faster Hit Recovery
>> Adds 1-50 Lightning Damage
>> Adds 3-14 Cold Damage
>> +75 Poison Damage Over 5 Seconds
>> 7% Life Stolen Per Hit
>> +250 Defense Vs. Missile
>> +22 To Vitality
>> +89-112 To Mana (varies)
>> +3-8 Magic Absorb (varies)
>>

>> It had 89 to Mana. Argh!
>
> so what? I had to make several ones until I got that 35%FCR I wanted. 20
> Mana less isn't something I'd whine about..
>
> Regards,
>
> Oliver

"Jake Mysterio" wrote...
>I made a spirit sword today in a crystal sword i found and it's Perfect in
>all spots except 1.
>
> [snip]

Spirit has been vital to my sorceress -- both the sword and the shield.

== Begin Digression ==

I was desperately seeking a monarch for the shield, and finally traded
someone from this ng for one. Well, soon after making my first Spirit
shield, I found my own first monarch in Hell Nihilithak's temple. Since I
use the character for MF runs, as well (about 450% solo, and about 650% with
the merc doing the killing), using an empty Ali Baba on switch, I decided
that the shield was valuable enough to make another Spirit to also use on
switch.

Well, the other day, I was looking at games, and I saw "occy here." Well,
I've never found an Occulus, nor have I ever played with one on any of my
sorceresses, so I decided to try. I have tons of uniques, but very few
elites. I first tried to offload some of my unique swords, like Cloudcrack.
The seller wasn't interested. I tried unique polearms, like Hone Sundan.
Again, no dice. I tried unique armors, like Que Hegan's and Rattlecage (but
was not going to offer my Gladiator's Bane). No deal, again. The seller
asked me if I had runes. I wish. Finally, out of desperation, I offered
the 3-socket monarch I found. It can't be used to make another Spirit, but
it's a monarch, so I gave it a try. Well, the seller wanted one with four
sockets, so then I realized I could get the Occulus by trading one of my
Spirit monarchs. So that is what I did.

It turned out to be socketed with a jewel. Having a spare Hel rune, I
thought about unsocketing it. Before I did, I asked the seller before
leaving what was socketed in it. Turns out it's a Lightning Facet. A very
nice bonus for my Charged Bolt/Blizzard Sorceress. Her spell level for
Charged Bolt is now level 33.

Anything not lightning-immune in Hell is now fairly easily fried by her
spell.

== End Digression ==

I found a 4-socket phase blade with which one could make a Spirit sword.. I
noticed that it does not say it is ethereal, but I once read that all phase
blades are ethereal, and I wonder if that was incorrect...

Worth a pretty penny eh? What would that penny look like? Um?

--

"chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Brian Kastel wrote:
>> "Jake Mysterio" wrote...
>> >I made a spirit sword today in a crystal sword i found and it's Perfect
>> >in
>> >all spots except 1.
>
> but it was the most important one. Congrats. It's worth a pretty penny.
>

>> > [snip]
>>
>> Spirit has been vital to my sorceress -- both the sword and the shield.
>>
> <snip digression>
>
>> I found a 4-socket phase blade with which one could make a Spirit sword..
>> noticed that it does not say it is ethereal, but I once read that all
>> phase
>> blades are ethereal, and I wonder if that was incorrect...
>
> Probably best to make the Spirit in a crystal sword and not a phase
> blade. A phase blade has high dex requirements.
>
> I once read (possibly wrongly) that all phase blades are
> indestructible. Accordingly, no phase blades are ethereal. To get an
> ethereal phase blade, you need to get an ethereal dimensional sword and
> upgrade it. Worth it if you find the right one apparently. Ethereal and
> Indestructible.

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

chaliban wrote:
> I once read (possibly wrongly) that all phase blades are
> indestructible. Accordingly, no phase blades are ethereal. To get an
> ethereal phase blade, you need to get an ethereal dimensional sword and
> upgrade it. Worth it if you find the right one apparently. Ethereal and
> Indestructible.

I knew about upgrading unique or rare items. I suppose you are assuming
that the thing to be upgraded is either unique or rare? Is there another
way to upgrade?

The topic was about Spirit swords, which is a runeword. I didn't think
that upgrading and runeword-items go together in the same sentence ;-)

Nobody wrote:
> chaliban wrote:
> > I once read (possibly wrongly) that all phase blades are
> > indestructible. Accordingly, no phase blades are ethereal. To get an
> > ethereal phase blade, you need to get an ethereal dimensional sword and
> > upgrade it. Worth it if you find the right one apparently. Ethereal and
> > Indestructible.
>
> I knew about upgrading unique or rare items. I suppose you are assuming
> that the thing to be upgraded is either unique or rare? Is there another
> way to upgrade?

Yes, I was talking about rares and uniques only. (actually, more just
rares). I should have been more clear.

> The topic was about Spirit swords, which is a runeword. I didn't think
> that upgrading and runeword-items go together in the same sentence ;-)

The poster also asked/mused about ethereal phase blades and I was
therefore answering and expanding on the answer to that question. And
there is no mention of a runeword-item in any of the sentences you
quoted. In fact, my comments on upgrading to a phase blade were, I
believe, in an entirely separate paragraph to whatever the hell else I
wrote. so :p

Jake Mysterio wrote:
> Worth a pretty penny eh? What would that penny look like? Um?

Not sure anymore. But if you wait for the right buyer, an Um on WHCL
didn't used to be out of the question.

<snip 35 FCR Spirit>

In article <1121235596.618069.88880@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
chaliban <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

>I once read (possibly wrongly) that all phase blades are
>indestructible. Accordingly, no phase blades are ethereal. To get an
>ethereal phase blade, you need to get an ethereal dimensional sword and
>upgrade it. Worth it if you find the right one apparently. Ethereal and
>Indestructible.

I've seen some rich/bored players experiment with this:

They look for high ilvl ethereal rare Crystal Swords/Dimensional Blades,
and reroll these (using the 6 PSkulls + rare item recipe) hoping for
'godly mods'. They then upgrade it to a Phase Blade, and have a very cool
weapon...

Of course, the chances of rolling good mods on those ethereal items is
quite low before the ilvl is too low for the 'good stuff' to spawn on it,
so it's a gamble all the way...

Regards,

Patrick.

Ask someone with Maphack. ;)

I would prefer to reroll diadems with the P-Skulls. Almost any
character level can get all mods on a rare diadem. Although they
obviously may not be able to use the damn thing.

In article <42d5f951@news.orcon.net.nz>,
~misfit~ <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote:
>Patrick Vervoorn wrote:

>> I've seen some rich/bored players experiment with this:
>>
>> They look for high ilvl ethereal rare Crystal Swords/Dimensional
>> Blades, and reroll these (using the 6 PSkulls + rare item recipe)
>> hoping for 'godly mods'. They then upgrade it to a Phase Blade, and
>> have a very cool weapon...
>>
>> Of course, the chances of rolling good mods on those ethereal items is
>> quite low before the ilvl is too low for the 'good stuff' to spawn on
>> it, so it's a gamble all the way...
>
>Hmmm, interesting. I've been wondering what to do with all these P-skulls.
>:)

I save up PSkulls too, but like the other poster, I use them to reroll
rare Diadems. The chances of good stuff are also rare there, but I
consider them higher than the chances of good stuff on a rare sword. Also,
no worries are necessary about the ilvl of the diadem...

>How do you tell the ilvl of an item on the realms?

They either trust the seller when he/she tells it dropped from Hell Baal,
or Hell Diablo, or in one of the lvl85 areas or they use one of the
'add-ons' which can tellt the ilvl of items..

One of the reasons I never understood the gamble these people take,
although the possible benefits are of course quite high and quite unique.

Regards,

Patrick.

In article <42d61be5$1@news.orcon.net.nz>,
~misfit~ <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote:

>> I would prefer to reroll diadems with the P-Skulls. Almost any
>> character level can get all mods on a rare diadem. Although they
>> obviously may not be able to use the damn thing.
>
>I may try that. So far all I've used them for is rolling rare jewels. (Which
>I almost never use anyway)

Don't waste the PSkull on that: ilvl of the jewels goes down, and there's
actually not much good possible on rare jewels. Perhaps if you rolled one
with 30%ED and several other nice mods, but even then...

Nah, rare Diadems all the way!

Regards,

Patrick.

In article <42d61ccf$1@news.orcon.net.nz>,
~misfit~ <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote:
>Patrick Vervoorn wrote:

>> I save up PSkulls too, but like the other poster, I use them to reroll
>> rare Diadems. The chances of good stuff are also rare there, but I
>> consider them higher than the chances of good stuff on a rare sword.
>> Also, no worries are necessary about the ilvl of the diadem...
>
>Cool. So now I just have to find a rare diadem or two huh?

Or a plain, white one, and have Charsi imbue it. That action alone is
another reroll, and it's as if Hell Baal just dropped you a rare Diadem.
(So to speak.)

Anything can spawn on it, as long as you reroll it with (I read) a lvl8+
character. I reroll mine with lvl93 character, so no problems there.

>> They either trust the seller when he/she tells it dropped from Hell
>> Baal, or Hell Diablo, or in one of the lvl85 areas or they use one of
>> the 'add-ons' which can tell the ilvl of items..
>
>Ok. I don't use add-ons. I have a GC on my necro that hell Baal dropped that
>I re-roll whenever he gets three Pgems. Currently it's a plain skiller, and
>not one I have a use for. I'll keep re-rolling it as I get the gems. Does
>the ilvl stay the same in this case too? A friend once offered me a Pul for
>any hell Baal GCs I got.

I've seen Heel Baal GC's being sold for an Um on SC Europe Ladder.

People reroll these with the 3 pgems recipe, hoping for a 'wanted' skiller
(Pala Combat, Pala Offensive, Druid Elemental, Assassin trap, Necro P&B,
Necro Summon) with 40+ life. Ilvl when rerolling with the 3 pgems recipe
(for which you can also use PSkulls, they're just another type of pgem)
remains the same as you started with.

You can actually reroll any blue (magic) item that way. I read a report by
someone who was rerolling a Hell Baal dropped blue Monarch, hoping for a
Jewellers Monarch of Deflecting (4 sockets, maximum added blocking).

You could do the same with a Hell Baal dropped Elite Armor like an Archon
Plate, and hope for a Jewellers <armor> of the Whale: this again trades
for plenty of HR's. I'd do that, since I have no idea what to do with an
armor like that, if I ever acquire one...

Regards,

Patrick.

In article <42d86384@news.orcon.net.nz>,
~misfit~ <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote:

>Thanks Patrick. I think I'll stick to Diadems, I pretty-much have all my
>imbues available as i never use them for some reason.

Me neither. I wouldn't know what to use them on, so I save them up for the
moment I found a plain white Diadem (which doesn't happen too often).

Regards,

Patrick.

I have found it easier to gamble a rare diadem than find a white one.

"Patrick Vervoorn" <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in
message news:4ad6d$42d8cf20$82a1d3bf$1476@news1.tudelft.nl...
> In article <42d86384@news.orcon.net.nz>,
> ~misfit~ <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote:
>
> >Thanks Patrick. I think I'll stick to Diadems, I pretty-much have all my
> >imbues available as i never use them for some reason.
>
> Me neither. I wouldn't know what to use them on, so I save them up for the
> moment I found a plain white Diadem (which doesn't happen too often).
>
> Regards,
>
> Patrick.

The only other thing I imbue are Sorceress Orbs, I've gotten some of my best
ones from her.

short