merc

gidday,

I have a def merc with guillaume's face and a duriels'
He's carrying a bonehew. What do i have to put in the sockets (what's
the best for a def merc)

Do yo have any suggestions for a def merc as for suits and helmets?

In article <o3icq2-4b7.ln1@apschip.schipnet>,
Newslord <newslord@invalid.com> wrote:

>I have a def merc with guillaume's face and a duriels'
>He's carrying a bonehew. What do i have to put in the sockets (what's
>the best for a def merc)

Definately 2 x Amn. If you're really rich, and have a _very_ nice Bonehew
(ethereal and 320%ED), perhaps it would be worth it to put a 40%ED jewel,
or an Ohm in there, but if you have that kind of items to spare, you can
get much better polearms than a Bonehew.

>Do yo have any suggestions for a def merc as for suits and helmets?

Guillaume's is a very nice offensive hat for a Merc. I rather like the
Duress runeword armor on a merc, and again, if you're really rich,
consider something like Fortitude armor.

Regards,

Patrick.

Hi,

Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in

> In article <o3icq2-4b7.ln1@apschip.schipnet>,
> Newslord <newslord@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>>I have a def merc with guillaume's face and a duriels'
>>He's carrying a bonehew. What do i have to put in the sockets (what's
>>the best for a def merc)
>
> Definately 2 x Amn. If you're really rich, and have a _very_ nice
> Bonehew (ethereal and 320%ED), perhaps it would be worth it to put a
> 40%ED jewel, or an Ohm in there, but if you have that kind of items to
> spare, you can get much better polearms than a Bonehew.

as much life leech as you can get...

On a defiance merc, you could try an Obedience Thresher, Duress armor and
Crown of Thieves or Tal Rasha's helmet for the life leech..
Duress + Obedience gives 55% Crushing blow, which IMHO is quite enough.
Reaper's Toll and upgraded Hone Sundan are other nice options. Preferable
the ethereal versions, but I've yet to see one..

>>Do yo have any suggestions for a def merc as for suits and helmets?
>
> Guillaume's is a very nice offensive hat for a Merc. I rather like the
> Duress runeword armor on a merc, and again, if you're really rich,
> consider something like Fortitude armor.

I'm partial to Guillaume's (and it's difficult to spell, too) because it
forces you to have life leech on the weapon.

Unless you do boss runs most of the time, a merc with less crushing blow
and more life leech does much better, IMHO..

A might merc with Tal's Helmet, upped Duriel's Shell and Obedience thresher
really rocks against non-boss monsters. And he'll be even better with an
ethereal thresher or cryptic axe..

Another nice combo is upped Hone Sundan, Duriel's and Delirium helmet
(unless your char is a necro).

Regards,

Oliver

> Regards,
>
> Patrick.

My Sorc merc uses Duress, Obedience in Ethereal Cryptic Axe and Andariels
Visage. That's a nice combination.

--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

"Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in
>
>> In article <o3icq2-4b7.ln1@apschip.schipnet>,
>> Newslord <newslord@invalid.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I have a def merc with guillaume's face and a duriels'
>>>He's carrying a bonehew. What do i have to put in the sockets (what's
>>>the best for a def merc)
>>
>> Definately 2 x Amn. If you're really rich, and have a _very_ nice
>> Bonehew (ethereal and 320%ED), perhaps it would be worth it to put a
>> 40%ED jewel, or an Ohm in there, but if you have that kind of items to
>> spare, you can get much better polearms than a Bonehew.
>
> as much life leech as you can get...
>
> On a defiance merc, you could try an Obedience Thresher, Duress armor and
> Crown of Thieves or Tal Rasha's helmet for the life leech..
> Duress + Obedience gives 55% Crushing blow, which IMHO is quite enough.
> Reaper's Toll and upgraded Hone Sundan are other nice options. Preferable
> the ethereal versions, but I've yet to see one..
>>
>>>Do yo have any suggestions for a def merc as for suits and helmets?
>>
>> Guillaume's is a very nice offensive hat for a Merc. I rather like the
>> Duress runeword armor on a merc, and again, if you're really rich,
>> consider something like Fortitude armor.
>
> I'm partial to Guillaume's (and it's difficult to spell, too) because it
> forces you to have life leech on the weapon.
>
> Unless you do boss runs most of the time, a merc with less crushing blow
> and more life leech does much better, IMHO..
>
> A might merc with Tal's Helmet, upped Duriel's Shell and Obedience
> thresher
> really rocks against non-boss monsters. And he'll be even better with an
> ethereal thresher or cryptic axe..
>
> Another nice combo is upped Hone Sundan, Duriel's and Delirium helmet
> (unless your char is a necro).
>
> Regards,
>
> Oliver
>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Patrick.

My merc uses delirium, obedience and eth gloom (2508 def).... I really like
the delirium on him cause he casts confuse quite often

Daniela

"Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> My Sorc merc uses Duress, Obedience in Ethereal Cryptic Axe and Andariels
> Visage. That's a nice combination.
>

> --
> Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.
>

> "Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in

>>> Definately 2 x Amn. If you're really rich, and have a _very_ nice
>>> Bonehew (ethereal and 320%ED), perhaps it would be worth it to put a
>>> 40%ED jewel, or an Ohm in there, but if you have that kind of items to
>>> spare, you can get much better polearms than a Bonehew.
>>
>> as much life leech as you can get...
>>
>> On a defiance merc, you could try an Obedience Thresher, Duress armor and
>> Crown of Thieves or Tal Rasha's helmet for the life leech..
>> Duress + Obedience gives 55% Crushing blow, which IMHO is quite enough.
>> Reaper's Toll and upgraded Hone Sundan are other nice options. Preferable
>> the ethereal versions, but I've yet to see one..

>>> Guillaume's is a very nice offensive hat for a Merc. I rather like the
>>> Duress runeword armor on a merc, and again, if you're really rich,
>>> consider something like Fortitude armor.
>>
>> I'm partial to Guillaume's (and it's difficult to spell, too) because it
>> forces you to have life leech on the weapon.
>>
>> Unless you do boss runs most of the time, a merc with less crushing blow
>> and more life leech does much better, IMHO..
>>
>> A might merc with Tal's Helmet, upped Duriel's Shell and Obedience
>> thresher
>> really rocks against non-boss monsters. And he'll be even better with an
>> ethereal thresher or cryptic axe..
>>
>> Another nice combo is upped Hone Sundan, Duriel's and Delirium helmet
>> (unless your char is a necro).
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Oliver
>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Patrick.

Yeah i'd like a Delirium but it's an expensive one to make. I have never
been rich enough to trade for one or make one.. :( oh well.. one day i'll
get one... My Level 86 IK Barbs merc uses Andys Visage, Duress and
Lawbringer... Decrepify works nicely when it goes off..hehe no more physical
immunes..