Inspiron 4150 LED flash codes

Last response: in Computer Brands
August 9, 2005 5:28:27 AM

I've got an Inspiron 4150 that's intermittantly freezing then refusing
to boot. The caps lock LED flashes a few times then it turns itself off
again. Is there somewhere I can look up what this blinking means? It
seems to be a bios error code of some kind, but got nowhere to find out
what it means.
Any help appreciated.
--
Andy
Anonymous

S.Lewis wrote:

> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins4150/e...
>

> Stew

Thanks Stew, couldn't find what I'm looking for in those docs so looks
like I'll email support and see if they have any suggestions that
aren't "send it to us".
--
Andy
Anonymous

<stealthf0x@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've got an Inspiron 4150 that's intermittantly freezing then refusing
> to boot. The caps lock LED flashes a few times then it turns itself off
> again. Is there somewhere I can look up what this blinking means? It
> seems to be a bios error code of some kind, but got nowhere to find out
> what it means.
> Any help appreciated.
> --
> Andy

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins4150/e...

Stew
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 3:01:35 PM

> S.Lewis wrote:
>>
>> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins4150/e...
>>

>> Stew
>
> Thanks Stew, couldn't find what I'm looking for in those docs so looks
> like I'll email support and see if they have any suggestions that
> aren't "send it to us".
> --
> Andy

Andy,

Hope that email works. You might also check the docs for the Inspiron 4000
or the Latitude c600/610. Maybe they have an LED code guide. The machines
are similar enough that it might tell you something.

Good luck.

Stew
!